Speed TV's auction coverage!

Author Topic: Speed TV's auction coverage!  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
Re: Speed TV's auction coverage!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007 - 07:21:07 AM »
Understand one thing,,, when you sell a car at barrett jackson..you KINDA have the option when the car goes across the block, so if you are looking for taller
money, you make your arrangements for the car to go across on Friday, or Saturday.  I have personally gone to the show 4 times now and have gotten quite an
education.  You also pay a higher premium for your car to go across on Friday & Saturday.
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007 - 07:26:30 AM »
What little I watched I saw good detailing of Mopar...surprised me
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007 - 02:53:26 PM »
Lot 1262 - EV2 1970 Hemi 'cuda with 74 original miles just finished for $500,000   :drool: :wow: :popcorn:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007 - 03:03:52 PM by RusTy/SE »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007 - 03:03:11 PM »
Wow, are the prices dropping on these cars or what....74 original mile hi impact color hemicuda should bring more then that, and that green hemicuda for $260K was less then I thought too.   :clueless:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007 - 03:04:31 PM »
 :iagree: :dunno:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007 - 07:49:17 AM »
There was something foing on . It was no accadent that just about every muscle Mopar cane to the block it was time for an add brake. I bet I can count on one hand how many they showed. I sent Speed an email and I thought it was funny ant the end how they said they got complaints about it. I have to pay extra to get Speed and I'm still so pissed I feel like calling the cable co. and cancelling Speed from my cable. I agree it had to be something with Ford as the sponsor. The thing that pisses me is when Mopar was the sponsor last year they didn't pull this crap. They keeped saying they had 150 Vetts up for sale and I thing we seen everyone of them.  :swear: :pullinghair: :banghead:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007 - 09:50:18 AM »
There was something foing on . It was no accadent that just about every muscle Mopar cane to the block it was time for an add brake. I bet I can count on one hand how many they showed. I sent Speed an email and I thought it was funny ant the end how they said they got complaints about it. I have to pay extra to get Speed and I'm still so pissed I feel like calling the cable co. and cancelling Speed from my cable. I agree it had to be something with Ford as the sponsor. The thing that pisses me is when Mopar was the sponsor last year they didn't pull this crap. They keeped saying they had 150 Vetts up for sale and I thing we seen everyone of them.  :swear: :pullinghair: :banghead:
There was something going this year with Ford sponcering, Barrett Jackson, and the guy who paid $5 million for the Cobra. I don't buy it.. They showed every Shelby Cobra cross the block, they skipped a bunch of Cudas and other Mopars, and I know Pontiac fans were pissed.
Not to mention I must have seen that GT500 add a 100 times. And why did another Carol Shelby owned 66 Cobra only sell for $140k?
I think Ford got tired of seeing Mopar's and GM cars dominating the auction.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007 - 12:03:48 PM »
I sent BJ and email this morning.

Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 8:28 AM
To: Information
Subject: The Auction coverage!

Hi,

Well I sat and watched the whole auction from start to the end. The Speed coverage was professional as it has been in the past years I’ve watched.  The thing that was very evident was something was going on in order to block the Mopar muscle cars from getting on the air. I’ll agree there were a few older cars shown but I don’t think more then a hand full of muscle cars were shown. The approaching Mopar.............. Then a commercial sure seems to be too consistent to be a coincidence! I don’t pretend to know the politics of putting an auction of this magnitude on but it is very evident that you are letting your advertisers run you’re show. I have to pay extra every month to my cable co. to get Speed channel as it’s not part of the basic cable. I order Speed in the most part to be able to watch your auction every year and a few of there other shows. I’m about ready to call the cable co. and cancel Speed if this is what they are all about. I’m so pissed for wasting the last 40 hours on the years auction. I took time off so I wouldn’t miss a minute of coverage and stayed glued to the TV. WHAT A WAIST!   I have owned Mustangs and Corvettes and I like to see all cars but this blatant effort by either your co. or Speed to blacklist Mopars from coverage goes too far!

Thanks for your time,

Ken & Nancy Freiss

http://HTTP://freiss.co.nr

This was the answer I got back.

Thank you for your interest in Barrett-Jackson and our coverage on SPEED.  We will forward your comments to SPEED, as ultimately they control the broadcast.

We appreciate your interest in Barrett-Jackson and are sorry you are not enjoying the show to the fullest.

Best Regards,

Barrett-Jackson

Fargo, N. Dak.

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007 - 12:55:20 PM »
Case in point, remember when they were auctioning off the John Lennon's piano, and George Harrison's guitar and some sheet music. There was a Hemi Superbird waiting on the stage to be auctioned next, Speed went to commercial and we never saw it.
I was pissed, I sent an email to Speed and said what the Fu@k are you people doing showing instruments and going to commercial when a super rare muscle car comes on stage.
The over all coverage was fair, but it was mostly Fords, Corvettes.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007 - 01:31:05 PM »
That one pissed me off the most. What was a piano doing at a collector car auction? I don't car who played it. I told the wife when they were done they would go to a commercial. And bingo... the next we see is the Bird driving out the back door.

Fargo, N. Dak.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007 - 03:59:46 PM »
Case in point, remember when they were auctioning off the John Lennon's piano, and George Harrison's guitar and some sheet music. There was a Hemi Superbird waiting on the stage to be auctioned next, Speed went to commercial and we never saw it.
I was pissed, I sent an email to Speed and said what the Fu@k are you people doing showing instruments and going to commercial when a super rare muscle car comes on stage.
The over all coverage was fair, but it was mostly Fords, Corvettes.

:iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

They kept teasing us with that winged car!! They showed it at least twice. I kept waiting, and waiting.  :stomp:  :stomp:  :stomp:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.