Author Topic: Do you ever feel like selling everything?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Do you ever feel like selling everything?
« on: January 18, 2007 - 06:20:50 PM »
I have been looking and watching and I'll tell you that the thought has crossed my mind.I made a list of just some of the stuff I have and have been lurking around at different sites.What parts are selling for is incredible I have one for you ----a complete rallye dash wiring harness just sold for $400,I have a complete uncut original.And thats just one part,I have hundreds of parts and most are 70 parts which seem to bring the big bucks.I am not a good salesman nor do I want to sell my stuff but I have been trying to buy another stripped out challenger and have hit a few bumps trying.Maybe it's just the winter blues but I have looked at quite a few and most of the cars are junkers with BJ auction price tags.I don't want a v-code r-code car,I would be very happy with a c-code or g-code.I just think that its gotten a little out of hand.So is it just me or do any of you ever get to feeling like this?-----The Clown

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
Re: Do you ever feel like selling everything?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:24:45 PM »
Sure - all the time I feel like selling stuff that I do not need right at the moment. However, every time I have sold something within several years I need it and wind up paying more to replace the one I got rid of - much more. So I remind myself of the many prior examples and the urge goes away.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:29:21 PM »
Hey-hey-hey!!!!!!  Is this a brain fart?  I can see your depression, but hang in there. You are a true blue mopar fanantic and if you sold your hard to get stuff, you will not be able to buy the stuff back in the future.

I have been looking for you a car, hang in there.  Wanna 73 RR all original and numbers matching to play with for 2500? It would give you something to do. I am always lookiking for you an e body. I got my 74 for 900 bucks. Just hang in there.

cudahob

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:29:47 PM »
NEVER! The Cudahob

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:30:27 PM »
My car isn't perfect by any means, but I wonder what I would get if I parted it out? I agree some of the prices are crazy.  :grinyes: Anyone want to bid on my floor mats?  :smilielol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:33:02 PM »
Not the floor mats, but maybe the dice. It looks like it reads 7 :2thumbs:

71challengher

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:39:51 PM »
My car isn't perfect by any means, but I wonder what I would get if I parted it out? I agree some of the prices are crazy.  :grinyes: Anyone want to bid on my floor mats?  :smilielol:

Mike
I'll give you :2cents: :poopoke: :smilielol:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:41:48 PM »
 To quote one famous Mopar Guy......NOPE.  :grinno: but you might want to FoCuS on one at a time.  :dunno:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007 - 06:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the kick in the butt,I needed that.And you are right about focusing on one at a time.That's why I want to put the yellow challenger into storage for a while.It's a huge huge project and I want to do it right.So for now I will stick with my 14 year affair and get some work finished on the 69 CUDA.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007 - 07:18:46 PM »
I know how you feel.  I have put some stuff up for sale lately and now I'm not sure I should have.  Challenger should be gone soon.... took it in the shorts on it.  :faint:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007 - 12:36:54 AM »
a lot of the time I want to dump everything , I just do not have a decnet place to keep or work on anything & it is just too hard to keep up most days, it has nothing to do with the value of the stuff just the pain in the butt of keeping & insuring stuff

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007 - 07:27:52 AM »
Im on the edge right now... as we speak.. ex wife is playing games with me on child support issues...
I swear Im just gonna sell my business... my 6 toy cars,  write myself a 100,000 check off my home eq. line,, (cant sell my house for what it shoudl really bring, market here is bad right now) and just run away from home... go where its warm .. and just work odd jobs for cash.
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007 - 07:29:07 AM »
a lot of the time I want to dump everything , I just do not have a decnet place to keep or work on anything & it is just too hard to keep up most days, it has nothing to do with the value of the stuff just the pain in the butt of keeping & insuring stuff

Understand, if I had a better place to keep stuff... its why we decided to sell the fury and just keep the Satellite, and Challenger.  Then all the parts are just sitting around.
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007 - 07:45:40 AM »
It all depends on on what you're going to do with the "new" money.
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007 - 08:18:59 AM »
buy more stuff! :poopoke:
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.