Author Topic: '71 Challenger for 5k?  (Read 4301 times)

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
Re: '71 Challenger for 5k?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007 - 10:38:19 AM »
-
He got hes 4500... :wow:
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007 - 02:15:31 PM »
It was a scam... This was the response I got back from him.  Sound familiar...

Hello,
Thank you for contacting me about the Plymouth Barracuda , in pristine condition.First,i want to tell you that i sell the car so cheap because i buy the car when i was in US and here in Europe taxes is very high to register the car.
I've taken very good care of the car, it is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs awesome. The car was always garage kept and rarely used. The title is clear and I have legal document by which I can transfer the title to your name. The car is still US registered so you will not have to pay any custom taxes. The car is with me in Helsinki Finland, where i live now and I will shipp it from here, I will pay all the shipping fees. The price i am asking for the bike is $4,500.00US.
The delivery will take 5 working days (with insurance and 30 days return policy)and it will be handled by DAS. As soon as the car arrives, you will test it and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 30 days from the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and the insurance.
The transaction will be closed only through eBay, in this way we will both be protected.
If the car is what you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions then I will be glad to close this deal with you.. If you agree with these terms, please email me your full name and address so I can register the transaction with eBay and I will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.
I will be waiting for your email.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007 - 04:11:51 PM »
 :dupe:  :dupe:  :dupe:

I wonder if anyone ever falls for that story?  :dunno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007 - 05:34:17 PM »
I went back out today to look a that '71 Challenger. It going to need a trunk floor and front floor sections from the seats foward to the bottom of the cowl . Also what concerns me is the torsion bar/ trans crossmember, its rusted pretty good on the passenger side. The rest of the car is not too bad for the age. Car is a original 318 auto, a/c , p/s , manual brakes, am radio, tinted glass, vinyl top (triple ugly green). all numbers match. The only thing thats not original is the wheels and he has the original flat hood. Now I'm thinking since its a 318 and it's that green (all over) I may have to make it a (don't really what too) but a 440 clone. I know that's a bad word. But a 318 car will not bring me back my money down the road...

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007 - 11:39:43 AM »
Nothing wrong with stuffing a 440 under that baby if that's what you choose to do  :burnout:
Did you talk down the price? Show him all the "serious" issues going on with it  :naughty:  :lol:

Whoa!  69 coronet R/T! 

Was that yours too?
Good eye there 71  :thumbsup:
Nope, that my fathers. He still has it to this day, but this is what she looks like now  :drool:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007 - 12:44:26 PM »
Nope, that my fathers. He still has it to this day, but this is what she looks like now  :drool:

I think Im in love...   :drool: :bananasmi

Offline Harkonnen

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007 - 02:16:34 PM »
It was a scam... This was the response I got back from him.  Sound familiar...

Hello,
Thank you for contacting me about the Plymouth Barracuda , in pristine condition.First,i want to tell you that i sell the car so cheap because i buy the car when i was in US and here in Europe taxes is very high to register the car.
I've taken very good care of the car, it is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs awesome. The car was always garage kept and rarely used. The title is clear and I have legal document by which I can transfer the title to your name. The car is still US registered so you will not have to pay any custom taxes. The car is with me in Helsinki Finland, where i live now and I will shipp it from here, I will pay all the shipping fees. The price i am asking for the bike is $4,500.00US.
The delivery will take 5 working days (with insurance and 30 days return policy)and it will be handled by DAS. As soon as the car arrives, you will test it and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 30 days from the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and the insurance.
The transaction will be closed only through eBay, in this way we will both be protected.
If the car is what you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions then I will be glad to close this deal with you.. If you agree with these terms, please email me your full name and address so I can register the transaction with eBay and I will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.
I will be waiting for your email.
If there is a cuda in finland for $4500 I will drive over there asap  :burnout:  :screwy:

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007 - 10:37:14 PM »
Notice he slips when he says the price I am asking for the bike
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007 - 02:46:30 PM »
Well.......what about the green 71 chally??? Did U buy it????? :bigsmile:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007 - 02:53:25 PM »
You bought it didn't you?The suspense is killing me.----The Clown

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007 - 03:56:07 PM »
Well guys, I been real busy at work not enough hours in a day. I'm going to try and make it a point to see the owner Monday and try to negotiate the price a little since it going to need a trunk and front floor pans. I let everyone know the out come..Be patient guys....Vin.....

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:39:39 PM »
 :popcorn: We will be waiting.