Author Topic: Anybody Know My Old Car? ('71 Challenger)  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
Anybody Know My Old Car? ('71 Challenger)
« on: January 20, 2007 - 07:36:45 PM »
Hey All,

Been awhile since I've been in here!  Its almost 2 years since I parted ways with my '71 Challenger project car..  Lately I've been thinking about it, wondering where she might be.  Anybody know?  I sold her to a member here (whose name escapes me right now) in New Jersey, and he resold her shortly thereafter.  The car's VIN is JH23N1B119211
Originally a B5 Blue car, now has a 440 4bbl instead of the 383, and a 727 TF trans. also has a/c, power windows, power disc brakes, rallye dash, and some unique options like belt and hood moldings, front bumper periphery, exterior trim molding group, 3 spd wipers 6 way power driver's seat, chrome &remote dual racing mirrors, and am/fm radio.  If you know her whereabouts, just post or email me.  Hope she is getting a proper resto and care like I planned! 

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
Re: Anybody Know My Old Car? ('71 Challenger)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007 - 04:56:40 PM »
Guess not.  Oh well, figured I'd ask....

Offline Choppintime

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007 - 02:12:26 PM »
Jimmy, I bought your car. Sold it shortly thereafter as I found a TA Challenger that I had to have. Car went to Canada to some dealer. I haven't seen it resurface yet for sale . Guy told me they had a client who was looking for a Challenger and they were going to restore it for him.

I've since sold the TA and hope to have a wild Cuda on the road this spring. If I get it going I'll be over at Whiskey Cafe car show one of these days.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007 - 02:13:53 PM »
Jimmy just because you sold the car doesn't mean you can't come here and hang out.   :bigsmile:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007 - 11:26:41 AM »
Jimmy, I bought your car. Sold it shortly thereafter as I found a TA Challenger that I had to have. Car went to Canada to some dealer. I haven't seen it resurface yet for sale . Guy told me they had a client who was looking for a Challenger and they were going to restore it for him.

I've since sold the TA and hope to have a wild Cuda on the road this spring. If I get it going I'll be over at Whiskey Cafe car show one of these days.
do you know where in Canada , Canada is kinda large , we have local dealer that buys & restos old Mopars

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007 - 03:39:01 PM »

Oh, ok I remember now!  You bought it from me, then had it on eBay because of the T/A you got.  I hope your 'Cuda is nice, it would take alot for me to part with a T/A!!!  Much thanks for the info. LOL  A friend of mine who has a resto shop (who was going to do the work on it), teases me about letting that car go  to this day!!!

Hated to get rid of it, but had to, renovated the inside of my house instead!

Hope the car gets proper treatment in Canada.(Sounds like it is).  Hope the owner is someone on here, I'd love to see finished pics!

4Cruizn: Thanks for the nice words, I'll be in here from time to time!  (Even though I just got an '06 Mustang GT, I'm still a Mopar guy at heart!!!)

Choppintime:  I'll see ya at the Whiskey show, I'm there alot. Looking forward to seeing your car....and also that gorgeous B5 '70 Hemi 'Cuda survivor, haven't seen him down there lately....

Offline focal 7

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007 - 06:12:43 AM »
JIMMYCUD
Hey, thought I would chime in here as I have a very similar car for sale. JH23N1B188632 Not B5 but this car is a factory shaker. A project tho......if you want to relive your past shoot me a PM.   Thanks

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007 - 10:11:21 AM »
JIMMYCUD
Hey, thought I would chime in here as I have a very similar car for sale. JH23N1B188632 Not B5 but this car is a factory shaker. A project tho......if you want to relive your past shoot me a PM.   Thanks
I really appreciate it, but my funds are too low now for a project to take on.  Sounds like a car w/ alot of potential!!  Thanks for asking!!! :thumbsup:

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007 - 08:53:13 PM »
hey focal, got any pics and an idea of what ya need for it??

Offline Choppintime

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007 - 06:57:14 PM »
Jimmy, here's a shot of my Cuda. Hope to have it over at the Whiskey Cafe show this spring or summer.