Finally some photos of the completed project from Aus.

Author Topic: Finally some photos of the completed project from Aus.  (Read 2943 times)

Offline South of Sydney

• If it aint MOPAR it's below par
Re: Finally some photos of the completed project from Aus.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007 - 02:44:01 AM »

Looking good SoS, welcome back mate, wondered where you had got too.  :2thumbs:
Hope you've been watching the cricket.....after the rugby world cup you'll need something to fall back on.  :smokin:

Speaking of Aussie muscle, I recently purchased a Ford TS50.  :clapping:

Cheers,
Carl

:cheers:

Hey Carl

Don't get on the computer at work any more, too busy & at home one of my kids always seems to be on it. You may be right about the Rugby, Wallabies are not going well, but we are virtually unbeatable in cricket at the moment.
I also bought some Aus muscle late last year but a bit earlier than yours, I picked up an excellent mathing no.s VG Valiant Pacer sedan which is in the shed waiting for a paint job.

Cheers SoS   
I'm not automotively predjudiced I just prefer the best.

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007 - 02:48:33 AM »
To eveyone who has commented

Thanks a lot guys, I love the car but it is nice when others appreciate the effort that went into a project & like the result. Your positive comments are much appreciated.

Cheers SoS :bigsmile:

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007 - 04:45:19 AM »
Very Nice Work :crazy:
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007 - 08:07:02 AM »
Looks great!  Very classy looking!  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007 - 09:06:24 AM »
More Pics!

:picture:
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline widing'cuda

• 70 'cuda383 - BS23N0E
    • w i d i n g ' c u d a
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007 - 01:53:46 PM »
The Challenger looks amzing! What backspacing do you have on the rimes. Did you move the rear leaf springs?

- Jørgen - Norwegian Mopar fanatic

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 383 A833 8-3/4 3.23 suregrip
http://cuda.widing.biz/

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007 - 02:03:06 PM »
Hey Carl

Don't get on the computer at work any more, too busy & at home one of my kids always seems to be on it. You may be right about the Rugby, Wallabies are not going well, but we are virtually unbeatable in cricket at the moment.
I also bought some Aus muscle late last year but a bit earlier than yours, I picked up an excellent mathing no.s VG Valiant Pacer sedan which is in the shed waiting for a paint job.

Cheers SoS   

Sounds good mate, I love the VGs and VCs. You'll have to post some photos of that at some stage. Cricket, yeah, I'll give you that, you guys are awesome. Mind you, our fielding performances are usually good and we showed England up in the last game bowling them out for 120. lol 2nd on the table and we're coming for you Australia.  :lol:

Good to see you around again.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007 - 11:34:03 PM »
The Challenger looks amzing! What backspacing do you have on the rimes. Did you move the rear leaf springs?

I must admit I can't remember the exact measurements re back spacing. I have just run out to the garage & run the tape measure thru the wheels & it comes out at 5 1/2 " in & 4" out which seems about right to me. The springs are untouched although I did fold up the lips on the wheel arches & modify the moldings to give me perfect clearance.

Cheers SoS

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007 - 11:37:10 PM »
Sounds good mate, I love the VGs and VCs. You'll have to post some photos of that at some stage. Cricket, yeah, I'll give you that, you guys are awesome. Mind you, our fielding performances are usually good and we showed England up in the last game bowling them out for 120. lol 2nd on the table and we're coming for you Australia.  :lol:

Good to see you around again.  :cheers:

Put your house on the Aussies Carl your guys haven't got a hope !

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Cheers Richard

PS Will post some Pacer photos as soon as it's painted. It's Hemi Orange with black Mod Pack stripes WAY COOL MAN. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 - 11:39:23 PM by South of Sydney »

Offline cudaboyandgirl

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007 - 03:22:35 AM »
Hi, your Challenger looks awesome, great job!!  I'm from Adelaide, Australia and hoping to land my Barracuda here from the States soon. I'm also looking to do a resto like yourself and have always wondered if our valiant A body parts ie front ends and suspension would fit onto the E body.  I've also got a VH Charger that I have had since 16 years old - my first car!   

Cheers
Con :cheers:
1973 Barracuda
1972 Charger
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1974 Triumph Stag Convertible

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007 - 11:36:36 AM »
 :cheers: :2thumbs: :ylsuper: on a job very well done,, looks awesome
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:53:52 AM »
Hi, your Challenger looks awesome, great job!!  I'm from Adelaide, Australia and hoping to land my Barracuda here from the States soon. I'm also looking to do a resto like yourself and have always wondered if our valiant A body parts ie front ends and suspension would fit onto the E body.  I've also got a VH Charger that I have had since 16 years old - my first car!   

Cheers
Con :cheers:

Thanks for the vote, most A body Aussie suspension stuff won't fit straight on but some parts can be persuaded, apart from the the stub axles & brakes previously mentioned my car also runs shocks from a CM Val front & rear. This only works because the car is lowered 2 " all round  which means the shorter lenghth Val shocks will do the job. Most other bits bushes ball joints etc are unique to E bods & won't fit.

Good luck with your Cuda

Cheers SoS

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007 - 06:53:15 PM »
Sweet looking car!  I love the stance.  I noticed that your car is left hand drive.  I thought they had to be converted to right hand drive to legal over there?  I'm no expert, I'm just asking.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007 - 07:31:42 PM »
Good looking Challenger, sits nice and wheels look perfect on it too....Ready to go cruisin.....

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007 - 01:31:27 AM »
Sweet looking car!  I love the stance.  I noticed that your car is left hand drive.  I thought they had to be converted to right hand drive to legal over there?  I'm no expert, I'm just asking.

Hi Hoppy

The laws were changed some years ago here re left hand dive cars, it was probably to stop some of the very rough conversions that have been done on some cars. Nowadays the car has to be 30 years old or more & pass a normal vehicle safety inspection (which most states require on all vehicles evey year for registration) it can then be driven here in LHD configuration.
Makes it easier for us to find parts & besides we have accumulated a lot of desirable American Iron here in Aus over the years & sometimes you guys like to pay us a motza to get it back. Much easier to do a deal to return a car if it is still LHD.
I have 2 LHD cars, the Challenger & a 1960 Chrysler Windsor coupe, I drive both as often as I can, even dove the Windsor to the Queensland Gold Coast a year or so ago ( that's about 16 or 17 hours from my home if you drive non stop). The only problems are occasionally going to the wrong side of the car to get in, & you have to be really careful overtaking on single lane roads.
Cheers So