Author Topic: just returned from 4 days at B-Jackson...  (Read 706 times)

Offline DAYTONA

just returned from 4 days at B-Jackson...
« on: January 22, 2007 - 06:50:12 PM »
...some cars brought good money, others did not....timing of the bid is the key to the sale $$$....some nice cars came up for sale when the buyers were just not there....more disappointed sellers than you can imagine....many happy buyers...

...some very high $$$ sales with no practical explanation...other very nice cars at fire sale prices...flawed cars took a beating, very nice vehicles held their own for the most part....

...very nice 340 SIX PAK cars hovered around $100K and over

...clones seemed to drop off the map for the most part, many sellers complained of losing their butts on fresh built cars...a beautiful HEMI CUDA conv clone only brought about $67K

...440 SIX PAK cars did well into the $100K range if they were REALLY NICE....lesser examples drew very low bids...

...a 71 CUDA 440 SIX BBL sneaked thru in a bidding lull for $105K....plum/white.....a steal

...HEMI prices were a mixed bag...some really big $$$, and some that were well under $100K for nice restored cars of various body styles...it was a buyers market for sure...

...I think many of the quality cars were taken by total surprise at the low bidding $$$ on the cars crossing the block...Vettes were also a mixed bag, some customs brought more $$$ than extremely rare Bloomington Gold...

...Boss 429 Mustangs were hot sometimes, and cold others...a low mile survivor Boss brought less than half($230) of a restored car($500K)...

...from an observers standpoint, I was glad I wasn't selling

...from a buyers standpoint, I will be better prepared next year and hopefully snag a deal :bigsmile:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: just returned from 4 days at B-Jackson...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007 - 07:23:30 PM »
I for one appriciate your input! I had a friend who was there but have not talked to him as of yet. Be intresting to compare perspectives.
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007 - 09:19:15 PM »
Sounds like a cool vacation!  I would like to check it out one year and see what happens at the big auction.   :naughty:  Thanks for sharing!   :worshippy

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007 - 09:28:40 PM »
My friend bought a 69 Charger R/T Hemi 4 speed there. It's red with a black stripe. He's driving it back right now. I can't wait to see it. Was originally a 440 car. Now has a new block in it. I think he said it is a 472 Hemi in it. He put the cell phone up to the exhaust while his friend was revvin it. I was flippin out when he told me this all today. Of course no pics yet unless somebody can find it in the cars they had there, I would love to see it.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007 - 10:04:55 PM »
Pics of all the cars and the price they sold at are available at www.barrett-jackson.com.  In fact, here is the link.  Just pick Dodge and Charger and hit the filter button:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appstest/carlist/carlistfilter.aspx?auctionid=221

-Jeff

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007 - 05:41:27 AM »
having not been there, your analysis seems like what i saw on TV for 6 days, a buyers market for sure  :money: :money:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007 - 02:18:08 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I saved every E-body pic I could find.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar