Author Topic: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question  (Read 23041 times)

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2007 - 11:14:16 PM »
"jacked all up with imitation centerline of somekind of offbrand wrong offset wheels".
HEY!!!  Those are real Centerlines!!!!   :lol2:

Welcome Bill  :wave: Glad you came by, can't wait for your Charger pics because I love the '71s and 2s

So far I have seen one grainy video of the G-force car leaning real hard through the cones,  a story about going 140 on brokendown Pima road in Scottsdale last week and some reference to the car puking it's HEMI guts out at the racetrack.
So Bill this is the opportunity to set me and other critics straight.
What is the quarter mile time of the G-force Plymouth? Speed? 60 foot time?

Lots of folks here are real racers and they want to know.  How fast is the car really?
If it's called the G-force then what is the number of Gs on the skidpad?

It's a cool looking car and I can see the Funny car influence but is it a performer or pretender

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2007 - 11:57:56 PM »
Yeah Bill, sorry about the 180. I was thinking about the 2bbl. There's a 71 rust free se charger close to here with a 68 hp for 3500. it has hidden headlights and dog dish rims on it. For some weird reason they put mustang seats in it. This is the guy that sold Alan Jackson the hemi cuda, if you've heard of him.

We just finished an art morrison 85 charger with a 426. It is runnuning super comp now. We are doing an all carbon fiber 71 demon with a bickel chassis now. Making the body our selves. But i should say my partner is making the body. I would of liked to have driven the g force. 

I have a 72 parts charger in new orleans if you need anything when I get down there. You might have like this 72 chevy street ruck we were building for a friend and he went belly up on us and owes 36k so we were parting it out
fiberglass hood,doors,fenders,bed, 4 link. full tube chassis. Roller cam 15/1 sbc 2 spd with 5k stall crank trigger   yadda yadda chevy talk....

Offline Mr. 440SixPack

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:25:23 AM »
This is one crazy topic :screwy: I also want to know all specifications of g-force cuda...
For MY TASTE it is ugly...very ugly :puke: I would rather take rusty 1970 bone stock cuda with slant 6 in it than this 1 milion $ funny car. I also don't like the sound of it, the way it goes around the cones and so on...Just not my taste :dunno:

My dream: 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 440+6 Pack/4 speed Pistol Grip/Dana 60 rearend/PS, PB/Lime Light/Shaker hood/Rallye dash...

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:09:50 AM »
Like in another post...I like them all if I have the chance to do multiple cars. And yes this post is crazy :iagree:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:23:25 AM »
Sure, but I will be hated....lol
A 65 GTO convert protouring car, flowmaster nov.07 calender car
80 malibu
70 chevelle
72 Charger, just got it home from Arizona today
I don't have any pictures hosted anywhere and don't now how to attach pictures here, so give me a day or two and I will post in the proper forum here.

Ummm you won't be hated for those cars . . . seems alot of new viewers think we're all purists here which is definitely not the case.  Most here are muscle car people and have cars other than e-bodies.  Me . . . I just like muscle cars period!  If you have a problem posting pics, send them to me and I'll post them for you!  e-mail is in my profile! :2thumbs:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:39:20 AM »
 :2thumbs: Hey Bill, ya need to buy a 69 Mach I for your collection. Next to Mopars that has to be my favorite "X" brand. LOL. sure wish I could afford one. BTW, Bill knows how to converse too.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Mr. 440SixPack

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2007 - 09:29:00 AM »
Offtopic...This is how I imagine modern cuda :bigsmile:

:worshippy :worshippy :worshippy
http://www.timemachinesinc.com/pastcustoms/6shooter/

Simple, beautiful, has the right e-body look, goes faaaaast, has good handling and sounds pretty good...
My dream: 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 440+6 Pack/4 speed Pistol Grip/Dana 60 rearend/PS, PB/Lime Light/Shaker hood/Rallye dash...

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2007 - 10:17:06 AM »
I've been sitting back and watching this thread and shaking my head. :dunno:

I think some things were said by established members here that in retrospect they would rephrase. Sometimes, what you say in a post just does not come across the way you intend it to.

I think G-force was WAY over the top in his reaction to these posts. The personal attacks and such were unjustified and frankly we dont need people here who cant act like adults.

Personally, I dont like the car. Thats just my personal taste. I can appreciate it for all the work and time and $$ that went into it. The workmanship in that car is top notch. I'd never say it was junk, etc, but it's just not my taste.

Several people have said that lets see how it weathers the test of time....we all know the factory original styling has. What once was popular when i first got into cars modifications wise has long since become dated....only time will tell if cars such as this cuda will follow the same path or have staying power.

Hey, it could have been another camaro that he did, instead he chose a Cuda and it gets attention for all our cars.

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2007 - 10:45:16 AM »
4crusin, pictures sent, thanks
Moparal, We are just getting the charger home, but I am sure there are parts missing. I know I will need some stuff and will hollar when I get a list, thanks
440 sixpack, Did you ever see the cuda in person? We all can not like the same thing or everyone would have the same grandmother,lol, but I have seen many Cudas in my life and never seen a car like the gforce. It was beside several different cudas while on power tour, and there was just no comparison. However, I do like a modern approach to old cars, so I guess I am somewhat jaded.

The everyone that wants numbers, stats, etc. Let me first say this. NO ONE can build a car that will do all things perfect. To have a car that is best in several forms of competition is impossible. The Cuda was a compromise as well and was set up for road racing more so than 1/4 mile times so it just wasn't ever drag raced. The video of it breaking on the local strip here is the only time it was ever on a strip. In the first pass shown in the video, the only one it ever completed, it ran a 8.60 (1/8 track) and was absolutely spinning the tires the whole run. The car was to have run our autocross track the next day and the run was just for photos, however, Bob got that ole heart pumping on the first run, came right back up to the line, and broke because of wheel hop.  That break that day not only cost the autocross run the next day, but also the Maxon run the next week. I feel bad about that because I am the one that asked Bob to run the car that day. I do not have the specific numbers that the car did on the road coarse earlier that week at a Air Ride sponsored event, but it did the best time of any car on street tires. This was a race where Scott Pruitt and other big name guys drove it (Boris Said) and all of them said it was just unreal to think the car was a street car. The car was just getting sorted out when Bob sold it, but that was a business decision he made. Whether it was the right time or not, we will never know, but that is done now and he is moving on. Remember, not only was the car on power tour, at several autocrosses, etc, but it also was at several Goodguys events, including Columbus where it won SMOTY. Also the car was at SEMA two years in a row. If you break down the 60 weeks or so starting with SEMA 2005 until Barrett Jackson 2007, the car was doing something just about every weekend. It was hauled all the way to the Playboy mansion for that show the week before SEMA 2006, it was all over the place. Two different photoshoots for two huge magazine cover stories, the list goes on. Chip Foose pick of show at Year One, Shades of the Past top pick, top in class YOE, etc, etc. This car had a very short shelf life when you consider all it has done. More in 60 weeks than most do in a lifetime. Swapping the car from street machine trim to full race trim took about 4 days. The car did do some runs at a abandoned air strip in Alabama, and did do the 191mph runs there.

While I will be glad to answer any and all questions, I refuse to get in a pissing contest about one aspect or another about what it did or didn't do or why. For the time it was in the spotlight, it covered so many bases, I would hate to know how much money was spent just in travel, motel bills and cleaning supplies.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 - 11:05:18 AM by 4Cruizn »

Offline Mr. 440SixPack

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:06:36 AM »
440 sixpack, Did you ever see the cuda in person? We all can not like the same thing or everyone would have the same grandmother,lol, but I have seen many Cudas in my life and never seen a car like the gforce. It was beside several different cudas while on power tour, and there was just no comparison. However, I do like a modern approach to old cars, so I guess I am somewhat jaded.

I agree we can not like the same thing and I don't like g-force cuda. I respect all what have been done and all money invested for that modern muscle car but it is ugly IMO. Well I don't like any modern car thats why I am in love with old mopars :ylsuper: . I have never seen any cuda in person :bricks1:  :walkaway: . Here in Europe is very hard to see an old mopar... But I hope one day I will own a 440+6 pack cuda.

...thats one nice charger :worshippy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 - 11:08:34 AM by Mr. 440SixPack »

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2007 - 02:42:29 PM »
Ok moving on... I spoke to Mr. Howell about his Charger he is wanting to go the XV / Protouring route with it and drop a 426 HEMI in it, keeping it in a sleeper fasion , sounds very similar to what Chryco is wanting to do with his Charger.  I cant wait to see it when its done!

Cuda Guy     
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2007 - 03:25:01 PM »
Thanks Cuda Guy,
I have been researching the XV guys site, I met them at Columbus Goodguys and spent some time in their booth. I know the 426 is a  heavy motor, but I just NEED one....lol
What is a good tranny for such a build? I prefer shifting gears, and need more than four.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2007 - 03:34:22 PM »
For 5 and 6 speeds most guys seem to go with Keisler for the 5 speed and Viper spec transmissions for 6 speed applications.

I hear the Keisler 5 speeds are a fairly easy swap and many on this site and the Dodge Charger web boards have done it in a weekend if I recall correctly.

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2007 - 03:34:38 PM »
How did I miss all the fun :stomp:  I still think the cuda is ugly and I build cars, not to impress others, but to how I like them.  People can rip on me, my cars, etc... I could care less.  When you build cars for the people, not yourself, your in this for the wrong reasons :2cents:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline v8440

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2007 - 03:44:23 PM »
Broke because of wheelhop.  Boy ain't that typical-wheelhop can break just about ANY drivetrain.  I've been there myself-I have managed to break two dana 80 limited slip units because of wheelhop.  I also agree with the idea that no vehicle can be the best in several categories-the vast differences in suspension requirements alone would ensure that.