Author Topic: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question  (Read 23034 times)

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
Re: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:08:07 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's why there are different offerings for different tastes. Because one person doesn't like what another does, it does not diminish the value of their opinion. Some like 100% stock restos while others like the G-Force cuda. to each their own. But to try to belittle someone for their point of view........

Offline G-Force Cuda

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:59:27 AM »
It's a discussion with friends, did you join just to make loud comments or make friends and have constructive talk?  So my 80 yr old dad showed me your article about your car. Big deal. It's a fabbed car, so I didn't figure it'd go for the 1mil or so projected, no matter who's hands were on it. Not saying it's ugly. It looks good. But I don't know about 200 mph constantly in it. Have you taken it to the salt flats? I mean before you sold it? What looks good on paper doesn't really mean anything on the fly. Test and tune, test and tune. I have been close to 200 on a few occassions, things happen quick.

Currious, out of that 588k, what did you actually end up with? considering the entry fees, auction fees, travel and taxes?  Did it take about 20% total?

I don't think it would of brought 1.5 mil for the simple reason that, if someone besides the one guy really would of wanted that car, they would of been there to bid on your car and nothing else.

Sorry if your offended by just simple critics. Don't take it personal. And it's not nice just to come storming in and go off barking like a big dog. I myself would like to see you hang around for some good knowledge you may have to offer. So just don't join in to say a few words and run off.

Let me know where your shop is, I might wanna just drop by and see how things are done around there. If you do associate with us little people :2thumbs: I may have a project or 2 you may wanna scarf up on.
I'm not glad you lost your butt. Never have wished that on anyone, but I would of loved to have seen that pro street car running down 278.

Hope you don't stay mad at the world long. We are who we are. And mean no harm.

I don't consider it simple criticism when someone says they're glad you lost your azz on something.  No one here but me took offense to that crass comment.  When you see a person using big words on these sites they usually have the same M O.  I'm not mad at the world.  I am mad at anyone who criticizes something he has never seen.  especially when I look at his car and it has big old bumpers with guards hanging on them, 1970's 15" wheels that are ugly as sin, tires and wheels sticking out of the wheelwells, rear end jacked up like a 4 wheeler.  And he wants to tell me where to go and how my car is ugly.  I don't like the comments I've heard on this site.  You'll get no free criticism of me. Maybe there are some good guys on this site.  You sound like a decent guy.  I asked Paul Atkins if he knew who you were and he knows who you are but doesn't know you.  You guys have a funny way of welcoming a newbie.  it's not my shop, it's Alan Johnsons.  He's on Meighan Boulevard just east of Gadsden.  Go by there..You will definately learn something..Nothing backyard about his work and finished product.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:37:06 AM »

especially when I look at his car and it has big old bumpers with guards hanging on them, 1970's 15" wheels that are ugly as sin, tires and wheels sticking out of the wheelwells, rear end jacked up like a 4 wheeler.  And he wants to tell me where to go and how my car is ugly.  I don't like the comments I've heard on this site.  You'll get no free criticism of me. Maybe there are some good guys on this site.  You sound like a decent guy.  I asked Paul Atkins if he knew who you were and he knows who you are but doesn't know you.  You guys have a funny way of welcoming a newbie. 

Thanks,  I was feeling left out  :bigsmile:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:59:07 AM »
 :dunno:  Whew.................my thoughts about this thread is the same as when said car came across the BJ block............WHY ?  Both and all are / were unneccssarry ( spelling is to just emphasize thought ). But people are entitled to do what they like with their money and time.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007 - 10:52:47 AM »
Old School who drives a green 60's Barracuda with a cheesy hemi scoop, out of style wheels, and what looks like a pro stock rear..Am I supposed to take advice and criticism from you...get real...

First of all, I never gave you any advise.  After the way you came here and "introduced" yourself, you wouldn't want my advise for you.  Second, I never criticized YOU.  I only stated that the basic shape of the CAR reminded me of a door stop---kinda low slung in the front and bigger in the back.  That upset you?  You get real...   You seem to have a problem separating yourself from the car.  It was nothing personal towards YOU.
As for my choice of the kind of car I want to drive and enjoy, I chose a '68 SS Hemi Cuda.  (Yeah--it's got a Hemi).  The SS cars have been making history for 38 years now.  They are classics and history has proved that to be true.  Time will tell if your creation will have the same staying power.  If you have a negative opinion concerning my CAR--so be it, I don't take that personal.  I have a life away from my car.   
I am sorry your CAR didn't sell for the hoped for numbers, but that isn't a reflection on YOU.
I understand your attitude here though, I would be mad at the world and looking to flame everyone also if I just lost a half a million on a CAR.
Your statement about not taking criticism from someone who has not seen the CAR is a stretch at best.  The CAR has been at many major events and so have I.  I have seen it and it is very well done and beautiful, but it isn't for me.  It has won all kinds of awards, but when it came time to pony up the dollars, the market showed what it was really worth.  Don't be a hater, we all have opinions, some I agree with and some I don't.  Those I don't, I shake my head and move on to better things. Maybe that would be my advise to you----shake your head and move on, or re-think your opening salvo and if you are truly interested in Cuda's and Challenger's,  start over with a proper introduction and plenty of pics of that awesome CAR.  I feel sure that there are many folks that are more than wanting the opportunity to pick your brain and they have info to share also.  It could be a win-win deal for everyone....   Cheers....    :cheers:     :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007 - 10:59:48 AM »
GF....

...not many on the board have the ability or desire to build a SMOTY (ability to spend that much, desire to lose that much) making you a group of possibly 1 on the board...

...not many here worry about the other guys house, job, daily driver or the looks of their girlfriend(my wife put an end to mine anyway)....

...if you rate your friends by what they own, sleep with, drive, or what they do for a living, mark me off your "friend list" early....you will not be proud to hang out with me

...I have been a MOPAR guy for decades and I am as happy to talk MOPAR with the owner of of a ragged out Duster as I am to talk to a SUPERSTAR like you...I like regular people, I wouldn't know how to act hanging out with the Alligator shirted crowd or the big cigar smokin' type guys...

...if you don't feel you fit in with this crowd, move on, don't waste your time with us cretons.......put your mind back to work, get some more $$$ and build another creation for the world to marvel at....you will be happier, and us working guys with small houses, ugly wives and a rusty MOPAR or two can get back to talking cars,   real cars,   not an artistic rendering of a car....

...I was at Barret Jackson for several days, I saw your car, it got lots of attention, but I saw much bigger crowds standing around the Ramchargers HEMICUDA, and the stock HEMICUDAS....I was there, maybe I'm wrong, but thats what I observed....I liked your creation, but had no desire to own it

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007 - 11:14:04 AM »
Wow!  I just read through this thread and I must say, it was terribly disturbing. G-Force, I know you are new here and got upset about some opinions that were expressed about your car.  However, under no circumstances do we allow personal attacks in the open forum. The opinions expressed were about your car...not you (except the one about you losing money).  Your tact in response was really unnecessary. Your car is out in the public eye...not all in the public are going to like it and will express their opinions.  You're going to do more harm to your own reputation by trying to track all these opinions down and then "dealing" with them in this manner so no one gets "free criticism". I don't see Mr. Foose or Mr. Coddington running around the forums attacking those who don't like their work.  It's just not done.  People will have opinions and will express them.  I believe if you are going to continue to be in the public eye, it would be in your best interest to learn to let it roll off your back.  Unfortunately, I believe you've pretty much shot yourself in the foot here. 

I must ask that if your conversations continue, that you refrain from personal attacks and season your conversation with tact. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007 - 01:29:27 PM »
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG !!!!
 G- Force   I also agree with Rev--personal attacks are not called for although you may have felt attacked yourself and felt the need to respond. I have been a member here for 5 years and though this many people never agree on everything there have never been attacked personally. A true professional knows how to handle all types of opinions---good or bad. Mabye we all need to just hit the RESET button and start over. This is still a free country and people have the right to build and drive or sell WHATEVER they want. I personally have a photo of your car as a screen saver on my computer right now. I think the car is very cool and you went outside the box  to create the ulitmate cuda in your mind and see nothing wrong with it. AT the same time I know you must think that after creating such a masterpiece that common everyday rides like most of us own, drive and show are our creations and are just common cars. WE are just as proud of them as you are of yours. Dollar per dollar (per income scale) we have as much invested in our cars that you have in yours. I do agree that it was not in good taste for someone to be happy someone else lost money on their car. I also know that on another thread a while back about riding in Hemi powered cars and I said I have never had the privledge of riding in a HEMI and OLD SCHOOL whom I have never met personally offered to take me for a ride in his Cuda. I was wondering if you would do the same for a complete stranger ???
Anyway lets all please get a GRIP !! and move on to more constructive post.
JS27
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007 - 01:46:46 PM by js27 »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007 - 01:56:37 PM »
Well i liked it so much i bought the Hot Wheel version. Auctions are funny things, you never know what your gonna get. Too bad a fellow Mopar guy lost some $$$. Good for him to do something radical. Anyone of us would love to go for a ride in that car..... :bigsmile:

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007 - 02:38:31 PM »
I do like the car, but to pay that much - No way. There are just tto many other cars that I would buy for 1/5 the cost that I like so much more. If that car was priced the same amount I would still buy the other cars.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007 - 03:02:32 PM »
WOW I missed all the fun . . . broke down in my gremlin and had to walk.   :banghead:   :banghead:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007 - 04:31:06 PM »
broke down in my gremlin and had to walk.   :banghead:   :banghead:

:roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :cooldancing: 
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007 - 04:54:09 PM »
WOW I missed all the fun . . . broke down in my gremlin and had to walk.   :banghead:   :banghead:

Dave,

I can only say we haven't seen this classic car of yours yet.

:useless:

Mike   :poopoke:  :poopoke:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 70B@rracuda

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007 - 06:35:04 PM »
The losing money on the car comment was based on a feeling I have that the G-force creation shouldn't garner any more money than an original Hemi 'cuda. I am glad the car didn't go for epic proportions because that would, to me, show that the sanctity of the survivors and original cars is fading from them. For the market to see that this car is after all a 'cuda, and not the most valuable one ever, gives me hope that it still treasures the originals more than a car that had every trick and then some thrown at it to be the best of a fad.
While I am happy to see the car didn't bring as much that was spent on it I do not wish any one to be regretful that they did what they wanted to a car they love while taking a loss. From what you are saying, you would do it again GF, that's great. But realize that no matter how much originality you try to take out of the car because the fad says it should be that way, it is after all, always going to be a 'cuda. I don't wish financial losses on you but I think Kustoms should never replace the Original. I didn't convey my feelings properly with the off the cuff comment, for that I am sorry.
I hope Bob Johnson will hang around and answer questions for those that ARE interested in the car and please understand that there are people that just don't appreciate the direction you took with the 'cuda. I think we would all like the jack assery to cease, on both sides.

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007 - 07:38:06 PM »
Wow! I just read through this thread, and  :drama: :horse:
Dave