Author Topic: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question  (Read 23020 times)

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
Re: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:16:43 PM »
Wow... quite a thread. Guess this is what you miss when you don't read everything.

As for the car, not quite my taste (in fact, I personally think it is butt ugly, and a waste of a perfectly good e-bod), but that is my opinion. I am sure you have/had quite a different opinion of your own car.

However, you should know, as has been stated before, that we pride ourselves on our courtesy on this board. You also should know that you, as the cliche goes, catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

And, since you have the money to build such a car, and probably climbed the corporate ladder or something like that in order to make that money, I would hope that you (a) could find it in yourself to respect other's opinions, and (b) would have thick enough skin to take a little healthy criticism. If not, you are probably best just sticking with stocks and bonds.

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:05:35 PM »
Well, I didn't know if I should post in this thread or not.  People build what they can afford.The world is not a fair place as we know since we know we all are making the oil companies CEOs richer by the minute. What you gonna do??  Anyway the Cuda was an expensive project.  It just didn't sell for what they thought it would.  I am sure that if we put some of our cars on the block, we would be surprised at the outcome too.  It all depends on the audience you have.  Everyone has  an opinion and is free to voice it. Thats what free speech is.  Some of us can take it and some of us can't.  If we were all alike then what a strange world this would be.  By the way G Force, Welcome to the site and if you want to see some real craftsmanship :working: :faint: just check out my site.   http://big-dog.us/challenger/     By the way, my engine bay is painted Black. :roflsmiley:  See,  I don't mind someone elses opinion.
Dave or David

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:34:14 PM »
I have some questions.

1. Do we really know for 100% certain that the the guy that built the door stop car is the Mr. G that signed up here?

2. If the answer to that question is yes, does his mom know that he is on the internet un-supervised?

3. If he is who he says he is, did everyone here lose all respect for him based on his comments?

I know I did..........

Barry

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:40:43 PM »
#1 . . . no not for sure.   :clueless:
#2 . . . I would say no here too as I think he probably moved out by now.  :dunno:
#3 . . . no doubt about it.  Too bad because I was all excited he was going to join in the fun and then he came in here  . . . . and the rest is history.    :walkaway:  

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:45:35 PM »
His loss, not ours for sure.

Barry

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007 - 04:56:30 AM »
Woah................

I'm really glad I'm simple.

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2007 - 05:25:46 AM »
opinions like elbows and a**holes, everybody has 'em,  :villagers: i love all the mopars stock and custom and i love our gang - just hope we can all get along - got enuff war on the planet now.  :aarg: :working:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2007 - 05:33:11 AM »
Hey, I'd take it if $$$ was no object.  But it is.   :crazy:

Tom :bigsmile:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2007 - 06:56:33 AM »
I can't beleive I missed this thread. I did read the first part but not the G-Force response.
1974 Barracuda

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:45:21 AM »
PRIDE , we all are proud of our Mopars, and as one has already said, some of our "lowly" Mopars are as valuable to us as say a $500,000.00 model. From an investment the GF Cuda tured out to be not a good one, the irony of this is that the next time the car rolls accross the block it very well could bring that desired 1M $ figure.

I still don't understand why anyone would want to take a beautiful car like the Cuda and transform it into anything, the car has withstood the test of value and performance since the day it was created on the drawing board. That's what brought my one word question when I say it on BJ   WHY ?  It would be like telling your wife or girlfried, "Honey your are the best, here, why don't you take a few hundred thousand and have some cosmetic surgery"  Some things are best just the way they were, that's why we restore them, not attempt to "create" them.   :2cents:

BTW, some of the guys who bought the "cheap" cars at BJ, say $30 - 60,000.00 range, they probably think these will make nice project cars to resell in a few years..................?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline v8440

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2007 - 09:31:56 AM »
Wow, we must look like ANTS from way up there!

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2007 - 11:07:50 AM »
Before reading my next comment please keep in mind that I consider myself a "purist", my favorite cars are typically extremely original "Survivors" or OE quality restorations. I attend all of the major shows (and auctions like BJ) and have seen most of the publically shown higher quality original & custom cars out there in person. I was also standing on stage when the G-force Cuda crossed the blocks at Barrett last week. I was a bit surprised that it wasn't bid higher, but that's how custom cars are, you just never know who will appreciate it or what they'll pay to get it.

When I saw the G-Force Cuda at it's debut at SEMA for the first time I was in awe, that car is amazing in every detail. I don't care who built it, who designed it, how much it cost, or how well it runs, the bottom line was that the car looked bad A** to me! I agree with the "looks like a funny car with street tires" comment, but in a positive way, I think that makes it look extremely agressive and cool while retaining a nostalgic flair.

:2thumbs:
 :2cents:

Offline G-Force Cuda

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2007 - 11:30:01 AM »
Wow... quite a thread. Guess this is what you miss when you don't read everything.

As for the car, not quite my taste (in fact, I personally think it is butt ugly, and a waste of a perfectly good e-bod), but that is my opinion. I am sure you have/had quite a different opinion of your own car.

However, you should know, as has been stated before, that we pride ourselves on our courtesy on this board. You also should know that you, as the cliche goes, catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

And, since you have the money to build such a car, and probably climbed the corporate ladder or something like that in order to make that money, I would hope that you (a) could find it in yourself to respect other's opinions, and (b) would have thick enough skin to take a little healthy criticism. If not, you are probably best just sticking with stocks and bonds.

You pride yourself with courtesy on this board.  What kind of statement is that.  Before i chimed in, one of your courteous members said he was glad I lost my AZZ on my car.  Another said I had half a brain. And on and on.  Go over to Pro-Touring .com and see how the guys there see your comments.  They are just as outspoken about you as you are of me.  They had to shut down the thread because everyone was so outspoken against this site and it's haters.   Don't any one of you think I'm hiding behind this keyboard.  Just approach me at the many shows I will be, and bring your car and I will be glad to swap slurs with you. I could maybe understand the bashing if you were purist and you didn't want anyone to alter a Cuda..Yes my car was a Cuda, but only a 340 one.  But most of the cars I see pix of on here are jacked all up with imitation centerline of somekind of offbrand wrong offset wheels and just don't have a look at all.  One of you said it was OK for Poteet to spend a bundle on his Barracuda since he was a Mopar Fan.  I know George Poteet better than anyone on this site.  I have bought and sold cars with him for years.  He like most TRUE car guys aren't queer for one brand.  He likes all cars that are cool...whether it be stock, hot rods, Muscle cars, etc..anything but a pure trailer queen.  Truth be known, he is really a Ford man.  They've already shut down the Protouring site about you guys, go to Musclerides .com and spout your venom and see what you get.  BTW college boy, get to your classes and quit popping off at someone who was building and driving cars when you weren't even a glint in your fathers eyes.  As far as me shooting myself in the foot on this site...I have but one thing to say...Death where is thy sting...if you guys don't have anything better to do, go bash Trump on his combover if you really want to get scathed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007 - 11:42:38 AM by G-Force Cuda »

Offline v8440

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2007 - 11:49:50 AM »
I think it's a safe bet that most here don't give a damn what people at some other site think.  They'll be alright without this site, and this site will be alright without them.  So, let's put that particular crack pipe down.  You're pretty obviously worked up over all this or you wouldn't have come here.  There's a few things money can't buy (at least yet), and one of them is a time machine.  Meaning, all the insults in the world can't unsay the stuff that was said about your car.  It is what it is, no matter how worked up you get about it.  Personally, while I enjoy compliments on a car I may happen to have, I don't get too bent out of shape if someone else doesn't like it.  At the end of the day it's still my car, not theirs. 

The administrator has already asked you and others to keep this calm, and the insults out of it.  That would probably be a good idea, because if that doesn't happen I'd imagine the thread will be locked.  I doubt anybody will take you up on your offer to meet and trade insults.  That's sort of along the lines of some 4th grade stuff.  I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but if you stop and think about it, an invitation to have an insult trading contest is kinda silly.  Not many adults will accept the "challenge". 

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2007 - 12:19:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about the money loss.The work was awsome on that car but its not my thing.And please refrain from putting down the little people, I am one.