Author Topic: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question  (Read 23048 times)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2007 - 12:21:37 PM »
can't we all just get along? :drunk:

The fact that the #1 pro-touring musclecar in the world is a Mopar is such a great milestone that we should all admire and respect, regardless if the final outcome doesn't agree w/everyone's taste.  Artistic vision has its risks, and will always have haters, but the main thing is that the MAJORITY of car lovers admire the G-Force 'Cuda!

Try not to get too worked up G-Force; I do agree that a lot of folks who celebrate someone losing major money is jealous.

However...you're able to bounce back from such a monetary setback; unlike most of us here on this board.  Be grateful for that.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2007 - 01:37:05 PM »
You told us to look at pro-touring.com. This is what I found when I went there...

(Disclamer: Any and all "questionable" comments made by Bob Johnson, Redneck, are to be taken as good natured Good 'ol boy humor. If I offended you, please get a sense of humor...)

Then, you told me that I was "popping off". If you consider one post, on one thread, that happens to be critical of a CAR, "popping off", perhaps you need to need to get a sense of humor. And as for me "not being a glint in my father's eyes" when you were first building cars... do I care? I am here today, and I appreciate the cars just as much, if not more than you do. If you would look around, you would see that there are quite a number of young guns on this site, all of whom love and appreciate these fine Mopar machines. Age has not, and will never be a disqualifier for this hobby. This board appreciates, and has as members people with all types of cars, from completely stock restorations, to highly modified customs to cars that are "jacked all up with imitation centerline of somekind of offbrand wrong offset wheels". As, if you joined to do more than be petty and respond to this thread, you would see, people have all types of cars, and all types of opinions. The basic premise of this thread was that some people watched the Barett-Jackson, saw the car go for what you consider to be too little money, and wanted to talk about it. They didn't care for the car's design, and also let that be known. Perhaps a few members let an opinion about the big-money state of the hobby, where people commission cars for themselves at obscene prices and expect to make a killing. As I am sure you know, it never works that way.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2007 - 02:42:41 PM »
Hey guys.. and gals, the conversation just got out of hand it happens.  I say we just move on and forget about it.  Im sure no one here has true ill will towards anyone else, that just isnt the culture of the seasoned members of this site. 

I just hate that B J hasnt been to friendly towards other members either, 5.7's Orange vert didnt bring near what he wanted/needed if Im not mistaken.  Right now just isnt a good time to go through B J. 

I say we just close this thread and move on.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2007 - 02:46:53 PM »
 :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Dave

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2007 - 04:18:37 PM »
Mr. G-Force will no longer be with us.  I just don't see the value in his type of discussions.  He has done nothing but insult just about everyone on this board.  We don't need to get into board arguments over his car...how arrogant.  He just needs to grow up and take it like a man.  Geez!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline v8440

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2007 - 04:20:54 PM »
I have to admit, I was hoping he'd come back all pissy again.  I was fairly nice the first time or two, but I was gonna have some fun.  Oh well, he'll be alright once he makes it past the age of 5 or so.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2007 - 04:39:08 PM »
Good I didn't like his Fu*king car anyways!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2007 - 04:43:20 PM »
Oh well, he'll be alright once he makes it past the age of 5 or so.

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline v8440

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2007 - 04:45:32 PM »
I changed my name and avatar just for him!  Read it and then look at the picture.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2007 - 05:32:20 PM »
Too bad, it's a shame to be this way..................but on the other hand if mega bucks and bank rolls do that to your personality I'm perfectly content to consider myself a blue collar time card punching kind of guy, although he'd use the term "jerk" i suppose. That's OK, I've called myself a jerk a time or two, and deservedly so .
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2007 - 05:46:26 PM »

Ahhh, the soap opera's over, was kinda wondering what he'd have to say about my 318.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2007 - 06:42:34 PM »
 :smilielol: :smilielol:  You guys always make me laugh!  I bet they're like a bunch of old ladies over there gossiping about all this stupidity.  I think I'll go read some of the Restoration threads and see some pics of some real cars belonging to some really nice people.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2007 - 07:23:38 PM »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2007 - 07:42:00 PM »
Well, All I can say is somehow I felt like a trouble maker. I was really just trying to answer a question my dad had. He found the article in the local news paper where the gf was. I didn't think it would cause all this comotion and get insults going at everbodies nice cars.  And now, maybe if I would of worded things different somehow? The gf guy might of joined and been a different type of member somehow. I actually have a hard time coping with angry people. I am not used to that.  I hate that someone got knocked off the board just because I asked some questions and things got out of hand.  If I could of figured how to get the upper hand on the subject, I would of tried. I just hope that no body got too offened by the remarks that were thrown.

And if you got any complaints about this , feel free to PM me, I'm always open minded

71challengher

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:04:29 PM »
Don't worry Al. Looks like Bob ( G-Force ) Johnson has plenty of people over at MuscleRides to stroke his ego. :2thumbs: