Author Topic: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question  (Read 23052 times)

Offline Bill Howell

Re: G force 71 cuda at BJ auction question
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2007 - 08:47:15 PM »
LOL, yeah at .001 a car, he could have broken even on the Cuda if they sell about a zillion of the models. :smilielol:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2007 - 09:54:21 PM »
Well, I liked his car. Wish I could have seen it local before he sold it.  It is too bad he lost bucks on it. Maybe if he would of done some invitations with it and had it out in the spotlight for running and not showing, he could of re couped a bit more money on it. I personally wished he would of kept it. Too bad he only joined up here to chew butt. I think he could of had some great stories to share with us.  But I don't miss anybody with a bad temper either......

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2007 - 05:40:13 AM »
If I lost that much money on a car I built I would be bitter, but that's something you have to expect when you build a custom car. Not everyone is going to have the same vision of it as the builder. Not to mention an e-body Cuda has one of the best looking lines of any Muscle car, so when you mess with it, you have to except the criticism.

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2007 - 06:54:43 AM »
If I lost that much money on a car I built I would be bitter, but that's something you have to expect when you build a custom car. Not everyone is going to have the same vision of it as the builder. Not to mention an e-body Cuda has one of the best looking lines of any Muscle car, so when you mess with it, you have to except the criticism.

Exactly. The msrket for collectors cars is small enough. The mint restorations or survivors have a small enough segment of the population vying for them. They appeal to more people as they remember seeing them on the roads and strips. A custom car has an even smaller market segment and the demand for it would be from a much smaller group. Plus customs do not have a track record of any predictable and increasing value. There may be a few thousand wanting a stock restored 1971 hemi cuda ragtop - not so much with a one off custom.