Author Topic: I've lost my mind. I just sold my challenger 440 engine  (Read 869 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
I've lost my mind. I just sold my challenger 440 engine
« on: January 23, 2007 - 08:29:21 PM »
A friend of mine from MCG publishing group, called me a few minutes ago needing a 440. He wants to go to that battleship show in mobile with his car. I have built him 5 or 6 engines in the last 25 yrs. Well, he wanted a proven running dependable 440 and to run on pump gas, but was in a hurry. He knew I just finished my 440 and had 100 miles on it now. So he's bringing me a 69 hp short block ( I have the heads) for exchange and 1600 bucks. I know I gave him a good deal, but I was going to build a little bit stouter engine for the challenger anyways. That's why I thought about installing my race engine in it for a bit. This is what he got

Standard mains and rod jounals on a forged crank
906 heads with 214/181's
9.1 comp (cast pistons)
new edelbrock rpm new 3310 holley 750
comp 274 cam, cloyles true roller double chain
6 qt pan and windage tray
Melling hv pump
recurved electronic dist
new water pump

I gave it to him turn key....Hope he likes it

1600 bucks will build another one with all the stuff I have here.  The most irritating and expensive thing for me to find and buy is 70 model valve covers. I just got a set last night off the bay and they cost me 113.50. And I got lucky, they always sell for more. Now I need another set.

The combo I just mentioned is a very streetable, dependable combo.  Makes good power too, for what it is. But I did have it behind a 3500 stall and just put 410's in the rear

I know people must think I'm crazy for doing this, but longtime friends are where it's at. And he'd do about the same for me in his trades as well. Plus another engine out there with my name on it.  :2thumbs: Here's the engine

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: I've lost my mind. I just sold my challenger 440 engine
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007 - 08:39:06 PM »
cool deal.  :2thumbs: someday ill grow up to a big block. i have a 318 and a 360 i need to blow up first.  :lol:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007 - 12:23:48 AM »
tell him for $1600 he didn`t get the valve cover & he needs to replace his with something else

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007 - 07:16:38 AM »
tell him for $1600 he didn`t get the valve cover & he needs to replace his with something else

You know chryco, I must be losing it.  I'm embarassed to say, it didnt occure to me to say that. he probably wouldn't even care at all.  Thanks man