Author Topic: No ones talking about the 2.4 million dollar Cuda  (Read 11877 times)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: No ones talking about the 2.4 million dollar Cuda
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007 - 11:06:03 PM »
*yawn.  Just another e-body 'vert Hemi that's over priced and no better than $100k clones.

$2.4M...can fill a garage of with a Ferrari GTO, Porsche GT, Ferrari Enzo, and a Saleen S7 as a daily driver.  PLUS a '71 'vert Hemi clone for your kids to thrash!

Give it 10 years, you'll barely get $200k for it.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline South of Sydney

• If it aint MOPAR it's below par
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007 - 11:52:52 PM »
The prices being paid for cars like that Cuda are generated by investors not car enthusiasts, the same thing is happening here in Australia with Aussie muscle cars. We have things like GTHO Ford Falcons at $500k now. That is rediculous for a 4 door go fast taxi which cost about $3.5k new in 1971 (I will admit they were the fastest 4 door  factory car in the world for years). Recently someone paid $220k at auction for a 68 Holden Monaro GTS 327, one owner car with low miles, about 10 or 11 years ago I had one of these that was beautifully restored & I struggled to get $13k for it.

These trends are great if you happen to own one of the big dollar cars but it does tend to make it difficult if not impossible for the average car guy/gal to ever own the ride they admire.

Cheers SoS
I'm not automotively predjudiced I just prefer the best.

Offline nakita7

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007 - 12:33:05 AM »
 :faint: 

It gets boring....
72 Charger Rallye (440 auto)
72 Charger Rallye (318 auto)
71 Charger RT

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007 - 05:41:01 AM »
That car didn't bring more because of its questionable history.

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007 - 06:22:17 AM »
What a waste of money. The car is awesome but to pay that much money is crazy. If i was that loaded I would have a couple of cars built and they would all be awesome toys and I still would have plenty left over at that price. You can't even enjoy that car without losing value. That car will sit in a warehouse somewhere.
1974 Barracuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007 - 06:23:12 AM »

Nice car but for that money, like others, I'd rather have clones or lots of show worthy none Hemi cars. But to be fair, if you've got the money and didn't build it, - so what! Good for the new owner I say. Start pulling the other one and we start sounding like crying snobs. I would never pay that price for any car but if someone else did, who am I to judge? 10 years, $200K? I don't think so, they may dip a little but not by 3 zeros. IMO they'll hover where they are.

:2cents: :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007 - 06:55:24 AM »
I can't aford it.... would not be able to drive it if I could...so...
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007 - 07:46:45 AM »
You are all missing the point..... big millionaire spoiled brats are buying them like we buy franklin mint cars. I have this and you have that. WE are the ones enjoying the hobby :ylsuper: The poor working man who spend weekends and nights wrenching on the cars or searching for the right parts and hoping we can afford some upgrade or an extra tank of gas to cruise this weekend. The only time we could afford a Cuda hemi was when they were new and even then it was big bucks and I was only 6.
:iagree:  I couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007 - 07:59:37 AM »

:clueless: What makes them spoiled brats? Because they worked hard for their money?
What makes US enjoy our cars more? Because we're "poor" or because we "built them ourselves". 

Unbelievable..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007 - 08:11:15 AM »
:iagree:   Tough to weld a roll cage in that one and not feel guilty.

:roflsmiley:  :smilielol:

Well that is definately something I can't afford.  I wonder if the new owner will drive it on the street, maybe just to get a feel of it?

If they can afford it good for them.  There are different folks in this hobby, some work on the cars, some pay the price to have thier cars worked on by others.   If you work hard or land into some money, well, you can do what ever you want if it doesn't directly hurt anyone.

It is sad though that this hobby is getting pricey for the average Joe.  Those Hemi lugnuts go for a pretty penny.....  :blah:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007 - 08:15:05 AM »
no kidding you can just fixer up and drive these days... between the lug nut cost, and lack of parts you could sit with a block topper in your yard for years.... I am the closest I have ever been to having a Challenger on the road... but just not there...sux to be the poor guy, but I enjoy my Mopar....hey there are guys on this board that do not even have a car yet...tell me who the real fan is....

Offline Grec

• The '73 Chrysler should have made...
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007 - 08:25:02 AM »
Sounds like alot of hatin' around here...

It's a 1 of 1 example of what is arguably the most lusted after muscle car of all time.

There's alot of us out there that love these cars. It's only fitting that the guys with the deepest pockets should have the most desirable cars.

You have to pay to play. It's called Capitalism, and I for one wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, and for those who say that car should be driven... are you kidding? Leave the driving to the clones. An original Hemi 'Cuda vert (four-speed, no less!) is too precious to risk on public roads.

It deserves a lighted, roataing pedestal. :-)

Just my 2.3 yen.

1973 Challenger Rallye
- 440 Six Pack
- A833 4 Speed, 18 Spline
- FE5 Rallye Red on Black

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007 - 09:11:29 AM »
Lots of opinions here, must say mine has "mellowed" over the last few years about such curcumstance. The amount of money you have only dictates what kind of games you can play, the sale game of such cars is obviously out of most of our reach. But, to some it is fun and rewarding I guess.

Just suppose: To some older folk here, go back about 25 years ago maintaing your "elevation" in life as it was to this point. What would you do? ie: Your grandfather passes away and you inherit his 71 blue/blue hemi Cuda vert with very low miles. You drive it a couple times but store it out of respect for what it is and who gave it to you. Twenty five years later, you are offered say 2.4 million dollars for the car...................ya sellin or keepin ?

Me ?  I'm keepin....................but I'm just an old fool that loves Mopars but granpa even more.  BTW, no I don't have one  :roflsmiley:   But honestly, I'd keep the memory.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007 - 10:22:38 AM »
That car use to belong to Milt Robson then to a wacko named Sullivan ( I think that was his name) It is the same that was on e bay for $1.3 mi. There is something NOT RIGHT with that car that is why it keeps popping up for sale. I think it is a bogus car(318 car). It is a beautiful but ?????
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007 - 10:27:38 AM »
o I am all for people buying and modifying.. I just hate to see the prices go thru the roof because someone can aford to buy the parts at a higher rate...now I have to fork up the cash at the higher rate...I understand it... I dont have to like it...but I also dont get Bent out of shape over it...just facts