Author Topic: Who's Driven A RHD Vehicle?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: Who's Driven A RHD Vehicle?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007 - 05:02:08 PM »
Rented a little car in England too.
 but the roundabouts WAS FREAKIN' SCARY at 1st!

:iagree: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007 - 05:06:26 PM »
Another mail Jeep driver-we used to work on them in the body shop.It`s a wierd feeling driving down the right side of the road but on the wrong side of the vehicle.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

71challengher

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007 - 05:58:46 PM »
Here's my problem, I wouldn't be able to shift with my left hand.  :smilielol:

Mike   :banghead:
What you can't switch hit? :poopoke: :stirpot: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Offline inot2old

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007 - 07:22:40 PM »
I am a mail carrier, so I have been driving RHD for 27 years now.  Once you get used to it, its not hard.  I think it would be harder trying to drive on the "wrong" side of the road.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007 - 07:10:02 PM »

Yupe, coming to American would be weird driving on the wrong side of the road and all.
Like everything you'd get use to it.......you'd have to, you'd be killed in no time otherwise.  :lol2:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007 - 07:22:07 PM »
When I worked at the airport we had a snow blower that was RH drive. It was quite easy to get used to it.

Barry

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:38:40 PM »

But they only do like 15mph don't they?
And you don't drive them on the streets in busy public areas and aren't they auto?  :dunno:

I was thinking it was going to be weird even hard at first because it's a LHD, manual on busy everyday public roads.

:bigsmile:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:47:09 PM »
It topped out at about 40 mph. I may have some photos of it packed away someplace......

Car traffic was not much of a concern most of the time, we rarely had to use it on the car side of the fence. It did make pilots nervous to see it coming though.  :bigsmile:

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007 - 11:01:56 PM »
YOU WILL FIND THE WORST PROB WITH A CAR WITH STEERING WHEEL ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE TO WHAT YOU ARE USED TO IS YOU ALWAYS GO TO THE WRONG DRIVERS DOOR AND JUMP IN!!!!!! I HAVE BOTH LEFT AND RH DRIVE CARS AND ITS BLOODY FRUSTRATING!!!
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:20:19 AM »
 :smilielol: :smilielol:

That man could use a bench front seat :cheers:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:22:55 AM »
  I have been to America 6 times ( 7 coming up in 8 weeks ), driven every time. The first time was no problem except when I was told to go right I started to go left and vise versa, fortunatly only for a few mins. and no accidents. Now it is no problems.
  I have brought vehicles back to Aussie a few  years back and had no problems driving LHD vehicles in Australia. I do find that I do drive closer to the shoulder ( left ) but that is so that I can see round the vehicle in front, then I have to move out further to the right to over take, trucks are really the only problem.
  :2thumbs: I find that U Americians have a better attitude to driving and are much more considerate to all road users.
   :crazy:We experience road rage many times a day here in Australia, I have only experienced a milder form on average of once a week in America. I travel on average of 2000 miles a week when in America.
Dave

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007 - 01:50:13 PM »
  I have been to America 6 times ( 7 coming up in 8 weeks ), driven every time. The first time was no problem except when I was told to go right I started to go left and vise versa, fortunatly only for a few mins. and no accidents. Now it is no problems.
  I have brought vehicles back to Aussie a few  years back and had no problems driving LHD vehicles in Australia. I do find that I do drive closer to the shoulder ( left ) but that is so that I can see round the vehicle in front, then I have to move out further to the right to over take, trucks are really the only problem.
  :2thumbs: I find that U Americians have a better attitude to driving and are much more considerate to all road users.
   :crazy:We experience road rage many times a day here in Australia, I have only experienced a milder form on average of once a week in America. I travel on average of 2000 miles a week when in America.

Come to Boston and see if we are considerate! :roflsmiley:  J/K anyways I used to drive a mail jeep in all places---On a Golf Ball Driving Range!  They put a rig on the front that picked up the Golf balls, it had Chicken wire over the windows to protect us from sharpshooters!

Tom :roflsmiley:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007 - 08:07:25 PM »
Yep, been to Boston, not too bad. I didn't drive in New York but took several bus tours. What I saw was a bit like Sydney Austarlia. I'm from outer Melbourne.
Dave

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007 - 04:01:24 PM »
Yep, been to Boston, not too bad. I didn't drive in New York but took several bus tours. What I saw was a bit like Sydney Austarlia. I'm from outer Melbourne.

Pre or Post Big Dig? :roflsmiley:  It is slowly getting better here, as long as the tunnel doesn't collapse again :bricks1:

Tom
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear