Author Topic: almost 2am and I got insomnia  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
almost 2am and I got insomnia
« on: January 26, 2007 - 12:47:53 AM »
Just thinking about a few sarcastic remarks that were made here at some of the members that was uncalled for. Just seems a bit childish to spread out anger over a simple discussion. Some probably know what I am talking about.  Hope no body got too offended by coy remarks. I am a little more calous or thick skinned. But I don't never like to see anyone deliberatly throwing out sparks every where just to cause some kind of friction on purpose.

So, I'm sorry if anyone got bashed a bit for what I thought was a simple post. I ment no harm :poopoke:

ALAN

cudahob

Re: almost 2am and I got insomnia
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007 - 04:33:44 AM »
All good man; I haven't read anything lately here that was as you discribed.
I usually stay out of threads like that anyway. Laura does a good job of policing
those thing, and the member here as well, so I don't sweat it.
Nothing to lose sleep over.            :sleeping:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007 - 04:44:10 AM »
 :iagree: i havent read anything that you have posted that was too sarcastic, anyway, everyone gets a little frictioned on some topics and lets off a little steam by being sarcastic, nothing that i see that you have posted could be taken as offensive, but i am a member of the thick skin club too. All good by me.

V/R
Drew
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007 - 05:11:56 AM by sleepychallenger »

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007 - 04:52:41 AM »
Moparal:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion here and you gave yours without being vulgar or making false accusations. It was just a simple opinion. Some folks with big egos are easily offended.  :swear: The resulting response speaks for itself. it was just a lot of HOT AIR!!  :crying:
Moparal, you're good in my book!! :thumbsup:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007 - 06:00:25 AM »
If you're talking about Ole G-Force, you were easier on him than his inflated ego was on everyone else. Forget about it, he'll wander off to a board where people are easily impressed.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007 - 06:43:22 AM »
If you're talking about Ole G-Force, you were easier on him than his inflated ego was on everyone else. Forget about it, he'll wander off to a board where people are easily impressed.

P.G.

:2thumbs:  thanks

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007 - 07:17:32 AM »
Just read his last post on the other thread,  told ya !

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:06:29 AM »
Yeah I see. I went to bed at 330 am now been up since 7. Got to do some more work to my 70, plus go into town for some supplies. I shouldn't let things get under my skin like that. I am tired now. But I really didn't expect some here to be attacked by just a few comments I made about a car I thought was ok, but too pricey. Even if the names were key names in building it. I will stop right here for fear of someone else getting hammered about mags or whatever.......

sleepychallenger

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:21:55 AM »
just my 2 cents  :horse: , since i just read what you are speaking of, i think that you couldnt have been more respecable  in the way you handled the situation. G-F seemed a bit too upset about the fact that not everyone liked his creation and he expressed his thoughts in the wrong way. remember, everyone didnt like Dr Frankensteins creation either  :stirpot: . there will never be one thing that the whole world likes and he just has to accept that. as for you, good oon ya for the way that you handled it.

71challengher

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007 - 09:33:36 AM »
Al, You handled it like a perfect gentleman. And that shows me that you are a stand up guy. Don't lose sleep over it. People hammer on the color of my Chally all the time. You don't see me crying over it. I happen to like stock appearing e-bodies. But it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the modified cars. I've been in the hobby a long time and opinions come go. Everyone is on here to learn something new, get help on a project, etc. There are a lot of good people on here and they are appreciated by me. :2thumbs:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007 - 10:01:23 AM »
There are a lot of good people on here and they are appreciated by me. :2thumbs:

Why thank you Jackie.  :poopoke:  :poopoke:  :poopoke:

Mike   :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007 - 10:22:00 AM »
Moparal, you did nothing wrong, I think some one may have been a little cranky because he lost out on some serious $$$$, when he sold his car.  :clueless:

Besides, the only one on this board who really knows how to push peoples buttons is....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................MEKrunner  :clapping:  :smilielol:  :poopoke:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:18:27 PM »
Welp, loosing all that sleep last night kinda ruined this ole mans day. All I got done was to
install my pistol grip shifter and adjust
Install some new body paint gaskets
Install my new master cylinder

And that was about it. Lost 3/4ths of my day of work do to being tired, slow and lazy. But the argueing slowed down, so I do feel better. Gonna call it a night and hit the hay.

Thanks for all the good comments my friends. I really thought I screwed up yesterday and it really super bothered me. I like to help more then argue anyday. Anyone needs any help from me, I'll be there for them.

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:18:37 PM »
I read this thread at 3:00am, but because I am a college student, not an insomniac.

However, you were not out of line at all in the other thread, all you were doing was expressing an opinion. If anyone was out of line... it was... well, you know.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007 - 08:26:35 PM »
You're a keeper Moparal!    :cheers:  Don't loose one minute sleep over this guy.    :sleeping:   He flamed me, but it wasn't your doing, I made a comment about his car that he took exception to.  I responded and it is over as far as I'm concerned.   :bigshades:   What impressed me with the whole thread was when a few of us were attacked, our friends from this site stood by our side.  That is what keeps me coming back for more here---the "family" feel here........     :dogpile:   (even MEK)   lol      :2thumbs:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"