Author Topic: VIN problem, - educate me please..  (Read 2638 times)

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
VIN problem, - educate me please..
« on: January 26, 2007 - 07:35:53 AM »
-
"MY" new R/T clone got a non-org. rally-dash from another real R/T, and that cars VIN is still on the dash..?
Seller got an "assigned or re-assigned number application", but that got no official stamps or so, that says the car is rigth, and that the dash VIN is wrong is OK.
The real VIN is stamped on the car on the usual places, on the cowl of the car, Radiator support, Drip rail..
Do I got a problem here..??

I diddent know the VIN was stamped into the car, normaly this is the first thing we must do vhen the car arrives in Denmark, cours it's never there on cars from the US..??
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline redhed340

Re: VIN problem, - educate me please..
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007 - 12:10:43 PM »
OK, Just to clarify.  You say the seller has the original title with the vin# being what ever is stamped on the car in the usual places. (CORRECT ?)  And at somepoint maybe during restoration of the car the dash was swapped out with a vin#  from another car (BOTH BEING CHALLENGERS ?) And the seller has FORM 68-A which is APPLICATION FOR ASSIGNED OR REASSIGNED number. Which is where a officer has inspected the car, verified the original vin# Which should match the original title. Giving the dash vin# secondary numbers.And this form is signed by the officer along with his ID #  (CORRECT?)  According to the MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. that form 68-A does not require any kind of official stamp or notorizing. Does this kinda sum it up. Can any of ya's give this cowboy some help here. THANKS :feedback:

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007 - 05:15:37 PM »
 :feedback:

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007 - 06:18:35 PM »
-
"MY" new R/T clone got a non-org. rally-dash from another real R/T, and that cars VIN is still on the dash..?
Seller got an "assigned or re-assigned number application", but that got no official stamps or so, that says the car is rigth, and that the dash VIN is wrong is OK.
The real VIN is stamped on the car on the usual places, on the cowl of the car, Radiator support, Drip rail..
Do I got a problem here..??

I diddent know the VIN was stamped into the car, normaly this is the first thing we must do vhen the car arrives in Denmark, cours it's never there on cars from the US..??

Does the sticker on the driver's side door also verify the other stampings on the body? Do you have a fender tag to support this also? If so, then I think you are in good shape. Dashpads can be changed. I bought 2 on E-Bay that still had the old VINS attached.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007 - 06:23:50 PM »
If the car is stateside and you are planning on exporting it to Denmark, it could raise some problems when it goes through customs. Call your import shipping agent and talk to them first.

If it has a state issued VIN and a second VIN tag on the dash, the dash VIN tag for the other car should be destroyed.

Barry

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007 - 02:09:28 AM »
-
The car has been re-painted, NO stickers..??
Fender tag missing..??

All it got is the stamped # on the cowl of the car, Radiator support and Drip rail,
 - and the non match dash VIN..???

What if it got no dash VIN at all..??

Will I get in to troubles getting the car trough customs for export..??

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007 - 09:12:42 PM »
when you say number in "drip rail" do you mean in the trunk?

e-bodies didn't have a number there.

what model "R/T" do you have?

am I seeing a pattern here: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=29411.0  ?

and why not: :useless:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007 - 09:25:49 PM by chevyconvert »
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007 - 10:02:08 PM »
IF YOUR GONNA SHIP THIS CAR OUT OF THE STATES THE US CUSTOMS WILL USE THE DASH VIN BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY COMPLETE VIN NUMBER ON THE CAR, IF THE US TITLE DOESNT MATCH THE DASH VIN THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL GET IT OUT OF THE STATES WITHOUT A LOT OF DRAMA, AND IF YOU DONT HAVE A TITLE FOR THE CAR ... FORGET IT , ITS TOO HARD TO GET IT OUT OF THE STATES UNLESS YOU CUT IT UP AND EXPORT IT AS  PARTS, ITS TAKEN ME 2MTHS TO GET IMPORT /EXPORT APPROVAL WITH A TITLED CAR.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007 - 06:40:09 PM »
 :popcorn:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007 - 06:41:46 PM »
-
Why all them popcorns.. :clueless: :bigsmile:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007 - 06:49:07 PM »
-
Why all them popcorns.. :clueless: :bigsmile:

Just curious how this turns out.   Waiting.  It's very intriguing!  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:09:45 PM »

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=29418.15

oops...missed that one. In light of that...move over here and enjoy the Red one :cheers:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California