Author Topic: Good news, Bad news!  (Read 1718 times)

Offline cudabuyer

Re: Good news, Bad news!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007 - 05:46:45 AM »
about 1 out of 10 boxes from UPS comes UNDAMAGED - imagine that -

my goodmark rear valance cutout wasn't even close, so body shop makes it work  :villagers:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007 - 10:17:23 PM »
My trunk lid came and looked about the same as yours. They let me keep it and took $75.00 off the bill but this was about 4 years ago. I fixed it and wondered how many of them get to there destination undamaged.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:16:55 PM »
Nice parts! I have the trunk extension panels without the cutouts for the drains. Does anyone know if the ones with the drains are better quqality then the ones with out the drains?

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:18:53 PM »
I can tell you through my Job that UPS will not allow you to open your packages and inspect them prior to signature.

Then when you find something wrong and file a claim it is always insufficient packing material so they are not liable.

Good luck

I work for UPS (almost 8 years) and I have to say that you are right, but

UPS Frieght

But UPS Frieght, even though it is owned by UPS (was Overnight), it is treated as a seperate part of the company.  Also since the box did not appear to have damage, then the liability might go against Sherman.

I understand that some packages do get damaged, but we try our best to keep that from happening.  Some of it is UPS' fault (even thought they may not say it), but many times it is the shipper's fault.  I have personally seen companies quickly load a box (little to no packing material), use very little tape, and toss it (literally) to a UPS driver to be picked up.   :22yikes:  They expect this poorly packaged box to go across the crountry and not get damaged, when they know it will have to be handled by many people in the process.  :clueless:  

I am truly sorry for your damaged parts if it was UPS' fault and I hope you can get it resolved quickly.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:19:38 PM »
So you are supposed to get the delivery guy to stand there for 1/2 hr or so while you open every box & thoroughly check every part , nice way to get out of warranty  :banghead:

When you sign, sign S.T.I - Subject To Inspection.  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60