Author Topic: The Hemi Charger I drove today from Barrett Jackson show  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
The Hemi Charger I drove today from Barrett Jackson show
« on: January 27, 2007 - 08:18:40 PM »
My friend just picked up this 69 Charger that everybody passed on at the Barrett Jackson show when it didn't hit reserve. He bought it afterwards. I drove my first Hemi today. It's a 472 ci with a 4 speed. 
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Re: The Hemi Charger I drove today from Barrett Jackson show
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:20:13 PM »
Cool car!     :2thumbs:   Don't leave us hangin' like that!    :popcorn:   What did you think of your drive???    :burnout:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline bigblock4speedman

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:24:20 PM »
Looks like a ride to have a lot of fun with.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:25:59 PM »
 :2thumbs:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:39:31 PM »
Cool car!     :2thumbs:   Don't leave us hangin' like that!    :popcorn:   What did you think of your drive???    :burnout:   
I'm still smilin since I drove it.  :bigsmile:

It wasn't runnin very good at low rpm.  Nice Cam in it. Not too radical I thought. When I started to get on it, a neighbor came out.  :swear:  But I wasn't pushing it that hard then. We'll get it gone through soon and see how it does after. The paint is flawless on it. Interior is very nice with all the red piping. TTI's, Lakewood bell, 4:10 Dana also in it.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007 - 09:08:12 PM »
My friend just picked up this 69 Charger that everybody passed on at the Barrett Jackson show when it didn't hit reserve. He bought it afterwards. I drove my first Hemi today. It's a 472 ci with a 4 speed. 

No reserve at Barrett-Jackson????

Looks like a decent starting point. Hemis are not known to be low RPM motors, but the strokers hemis I've owned all pulled good off of idle, probably needs some carb tuning...if the carbs are eldebrocks, they run very fat in dual quad setups out of the box. You'll need to rejet, and change the metering rods and springs.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007 - 09:21:18 PM »
No reserve at Barrett-Jackson????

Looks like a decent starting point. Hemis are not known to be low RPM motors, but the strokers hemis I've owned all pulled good off of idle, probably needs some carb tuning...if the carbs are eldebrocks, they run very fat in dual quad setups out of the box. You'll need to rejet, and change the metering rods and springs.
He has a single Holley on it. I told him he should get dual Carters on it instead.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007 - 10:40:52 PM »
Nice car, I saw it at Barrett Jackson.
I am not sure I follow the post though, all cars are sold at no reserve at Barrett Jackson. Either your friend bought it on the block, bought it from the new owner,or the original owner bought it back and sold it on his own???

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007 - 10:44:03 PM »
Cool pics of the car---especially the interior.  Nice mix of the old and the new-----the lap top in the seat isn't a factory option on that car I don't believe.....   J/K    :roflsmiley:   :smilielol:   :bigsmile:   :cooldancing: 
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:01:57 AM »
what was the price?? :money:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007 - 08:58:47 AM »
Nice car, I saw it at Barrett Jackson.
I am not sure I follow the post though, all cars are sold at no reserve at Barrett Jackson. Either your friend bought it on the block, bought it from the new owner,or the original owner bought it back and sold it on his own???
From what I figure now because I didn't get all the details. The owner must have bought it back then sold it on the side to him.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007 - 09:04:31 AM »
what was the price?? :money:

I knew that question would surface. We all like to know.. I don't feel that out of respect to my friend that I should share that info without his consent for that to be shared here. That may sound silly, but if the shoe were on the other foot, I would want to know if somebody made my purchases made public first. Let's just leave it at that he paid under 70k for it.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:50:44 AM »
 :drool:  Nice car TC, glad you got to drive it. Now at least you'll know what it feels like before getting yours going. Did it ignite a fire in you to get yours done sooner? It always gets me pumped up to work harder on mine after riding in someone elses.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007 - 12:41:36 PM »
:drool:  Nice car TC, glad you got to drive it. Now at least you'll know what it feels like before getting yours going. Did it ignite a fire in you to get yours done sooner? It always gets me pumped up to work harder on mine after riding in someone elses.

I was working on mine when he showed up. Right after he left, I was like "Damn, I gotta get goin."
I'm on e bay quite often looking for Hemi stuff. That and Roger Gibson.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007 - 12:58:08 PM »
WOW sweet car and a great story!!  That memory will be with you forever, I'm sure.  TC's first HEMI drive in 2007!   :bananasmi