Author Topic: Goodmark R/T hood  (Read 5335 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Goodmark R/T hood
« on: January 28, 2007 - 02:20:32 PM »
I bought a new hood for my car and I must say that the Goodmark R/T hood is a beautiful piece of work  :ylsuper: I was sort of disappointed with the R/T rear valance as one side was not formed right and left a BIG seam showing where it bolts to the quarter panel but the hood makes up for that. They do a good job of shipping it so it is secure also. As a side note I dealt with ADEALS auto and it was a smooth purchase. While I have had bad luck lately in other areas I have had great luck buying from you guys and from supply companies. My car is getting much closer to paint now  :working: :bigsmile:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Goodmark R/T hood
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007 - 02:56:35 PM »
i've been thinking about buying a hood from goodmark. I've heard much more good then bad. Thanks for letting us know :2thumbs:

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007 - 03:18:44 PM »
 How does the metal feel? I've heard they use thinner metal, does it seem like it will dent real easy. And how much did it cost ya?
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

sleepychallenger

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007 - 03:48:21 PM »
clinging for answers  :popcorn:

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007 - 05:56:23 PM »
I bought one a couple years ago after seeing a few on friends cars and having looked for a original for a few years with no luck finding one that didn't need $500 or more in work after spending the $$ to purchase before even thinking about paint. I had it delivered straight to my paint shop. It needed ZERO work before paint and fit perfectly as did others I had seen. The metal is thinner than the originals but I haven't had any problems with it. Just my  :2cents:  After seeing the following comments I feel I should say that:

Although I didn't paint it I was there (at the body shop) and helped take it out of the box it was shipped in.  We checked it and there were no issues that needed attention so I left it to the paint experts. After paint I had help bolting it up to the car and I took it from there and lined everything up.  It fits great.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007 - 04:04:54 PM by Mopar73340 »
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:05:00 PM »
Yeah it does seem to have thinner metal but I have never seen a stripped down hood before and if you add primer and paint it would probably "feel" thicker. I got my hood for $459 plus $125 to ship. All told I sent a $584.95 money order to Adeals Auto Parts. AP at Adeals was pleasant to deal with and everything went smooth. I bought the scoops for $119 from somewhere else but I dont remember where. Those were $133 shipped. So everything shipped to my door was $717.95. Not cheap but like the post above stated I do not see any reason for a skim coat before primering/painting this hood, it is clean and straight. If the fenders are this nice they will sell like hotcakes.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:08:17 PM »
Overhaulin didnt have to do much work to my dad's  :bigsmile: :2thumbs:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007 - 09:03:03 PM »
Overhaulin didnt have to do much work to my dad's  :bigsmile: :2thumbs:

I think everyone is now well aware they did your dads car... now let people with first hand experience talk about it.

70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007 - 09:15:23 PM »
I think everyone is now well aware they did your dads car... now let people with first hand experience talk about it.

Just saying that is what was on the car. The least amount of time on body work on the goodmark hood, meaning its a good/straight part to work with  :dunno:.....if thats ok with you... :eek7:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 - 09:17:06 PM by GoodysGotACUDA »
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Transamcuda.com

• Numbers cruncher and expert at nothing.
    • Transamcuda.com
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:04:15 PM »

Just saying that is what was on the car. The least amount of time on body work on the goodmark hood, meaning its a good/straight part to work with  :dunno:.....if thats ok with you... :eek7:

No actually its not ok. Everybody and their brother knows your dads car was on Overhaulin. And seeing how you nor your dad did any work on the hood I think what SilverChally is trying to say is let the people who have bought and installed or worked on their own comment on this thread. Dont hi-jack this thread for another post fest about your dads car being on Overhaulin  :drama:
Dont forget to register your AAR at the AAR Registry only at www.transamcuda.com 1981 AAR's on file. Also info on 70 thru 74 E-Bodies. Ask me about yours!!

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:22:34 PM »
 Group hug guys, I just took Goodys comment as overhaulin didn't have to do very much work to get it to there standards which I'm sure are very high.  This to me means it's a nice straight Repro hood that fit very well :dunno:
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:43:01 PM »
He didn't and doesnt do any body work, yet because theres one on his dads car, not even his own personal car, how would he have any experience with it... just a shameless plug for his dads car, get over yourself already.  We're proud you got the car overhauled, everyone on every mopar forum in the free world is aware of it. 
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:46:57 PM »
Group hug guys, I just took Goodys comment as overhaulin didn't have to do very much work to get it to there standards which I'm sure are very high.  This to me means it's a nice straight Repro hood that fit very well :dunno:
:iagree:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007 - 11:50:16 PM »
get over yourself already.  We're proud you got the car overhauled, everyone on every mopar forum in the free world is aware of it. 

:iagree:  :smilielol:

However, Goody was just throwing in his 2c and I can see what he means.
He would have seen the work needed first hand (I'm guessing) so would know a little.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007 - 12:31:41 AM »
I'm sure he's guessing too :roflsmiley:  I prefer first hand info also.  I have used goodmark parts, not the hoods, so I can't comment directly on it.  However I know body work and I highly doubt that hood was a scuff and spray deal.  Oh Adeals :thumbsup:  First hand there too :crazy:
70 challenger project
68 satellite