Author Topic: Goodmark R/T hood  (Read 5336 times)

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
Re: Goodmark R/T hood
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007 - 04:38:49 AM »
transamcuda, I thought Goody's comment was completely relevant.  You wanted input on the hood and he told you about his experience.  Maybe in the future you should state that you are only looking for replies from people with actual, got-your-hands-dirty experience in working on the part.  Someone posted somewhere else about looking for a locking gas cap and, although I've never actually purchased one, I did post a link to one at Jim's.  Was I wrong to do that since I had no experience with it?  I suspect you're maybe a little jealous his dad's car was on Overhaulin' and  I think you're wrong to say who can and can't post  response.  This is a PUBLIC forum, after all.  And for someone who runs a website encouraging people to ask you about their cars, I think you need a little people skills refresher.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007 - 05:35:47 AM »
ENOUGH of this bickering already!!!!!!!!!
next subject please
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007 - 06:42:05 AM »
Group hug guys, I just took Goodys comment as overhaulin didn't have to do very much work to get it to there standards which I'm sure are very high.  This to me means it's a nice straight Repro hood that fit very well :dunno:

Thats all i was saying. Sorry to ruffle feathers.  :drama:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline 71chally383R/T

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007 - 11:18:13 AM »
whoa whys every1 attackin goody??? he made that comment cuz of the hood you jackasses :droolingbounce:

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007 - 11:24:00 AM »
transamcuda, I thought Goody's comment was completely relevant.  You wanted input on the hood and he told you about his experience.  Maybe in the future you should state that you are only looking for replies from people with actual, got-your-hands-dirty experience in working on the part.  Someone posted somewhere else about looking for a locking gas cap and, although I've never actually purchased one, I did post a link to one at Jim's.  Was I wrong to do that since I had no experience with it?  I suspect you're maybe a little jealous his dad's car was on Overhaulin' and  I think you're wrong to say who can and can't post  response.  This is a PUBLIC forum, after all.  And for someone who runs a website encouraging people to ask you about their cars, I think you need a little people skills refresher.

Mike

Whats with the jealous comments?  Do you really think people of jealous of that car?  Transamcuda didnt even ask about the hood... so why direct this to him?  Did you even read the comments?  How was his comment relevant anyways, because the overhaulin crew used one on his dads car... that no more relavant than me seeing on at a car at Carlisle.  Face it, his comments are just to brag like he's in hs about his dads car.  Every post he ever posts even in other peoples threads are always about him.  So I'll say it again, get over yourself!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007 - 11:46:01 AM »
Whats with the jealous comments?  Do you really think people of jealous of that car?  Transamcuda didnt even ask about the hood... so why direct this to him?  Did you even read the comments?  How was his comment relevant anyways, because the overhaulin crew used one on his dads car... that no more relavant than me seeing on at a car at Carlisle.  Face it, his comments are just to brag like he's in hs about his dads car.  Every post he ever posts even in other peoples threads are always about him.  So I'll say it again, get over yourself!

So had the car never been overhauled. Lets say my dad had the car prepped and painted at the shop using the goodmark hood, which is what would have happened. The body guy mentioned something to the effect of it was a very good part and took little work to get perfect. I posted what the body guy said, just as my 2cents/experience with the hood. Would that still not be allowed in this thread?  :popcorn: . . . or would that be 'bragging like i'm in highschool' too?
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Transamcuda.com

• Numbers cruncher and expert at nothing.
    • Transamcuda.com
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007 - 12:34:22 PM »
I was hoping this wouldnt turn out like this but as with anything this kid is involved in it usually does.  To set a few things straight.

First and most importantly let me try and put this in a way everyone should be able to understand. If anyone asks a question at all about a product, I myself would much rather here from people who have worked on or installed it themselves rather than speculatory info. While I would appreciate someone posting a link to another thread or forum with related info it is more valid information coming from people who have had hands on experience. That information is more valuable than anything else.

Second... Mike I dont know where you come off telling me that I might be jealous but heres a little info for ya. Nothing he nor his dad has or have done would ever make me jealous or green with envy in any way shape or form. People who really know me know without a shadow of a doubt know im not a jealous person nor do I put myself on a pedastal. So your comment about being jealous was uncalled for but I guess that would be the easiest thing to say.

Third.. Nobody really even asked about the hood persay they asked about the metal and how it felt. A few members commented on their PERSONAL experiences of purchasing and installing one. We would not even be having this whole discussion had he simply said it like this "The one they put on my dads car didnt need hardly any work at all"  but no, as he has since the show he took another opportunity to plug his dads car being on overhaulin

Overhaulin didnt have to do much work to my dad's

Did him or his dad work on the hood?? no then why even put it like this???

Mike you can say what you want but this was just another attempt to hijack a thread and turn it into a discussion about your dads car.

I can clearly see its the samething over here as it is on other boards. he can say whatever he wants and anyone who questions or goes against what he says or does gets thrown under the bus. I for one am sick and tired of hearing about it.  And its not bickering but I guess thats what some call it when voicing their displeasure over something. :puke:
Dont forget to register your AAR at the AAR Registry only at www.transamcuda.com 1981 AAR's on file. Also info on 70 thru 74 E-Bodies. Ask me about yours!!

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007 - 12:56:53 PM »

So had the car never been overhauled. Lets say my dad had the car prepped and painted at the shop using the goodmark hood, which is what would have happened. The body guy mentioned something to the effect of it was a very good part and took little work to get perfect. I posted what the body guy said, just as my 2cents/experience with the hood. Would that still not be allowed in this thread?  :popcorn: . . . or would that be 'bragging like i'm in highschool' too?

And I'll repeat myself, no first hand experience.  I'd love to hear the comments on that car if it wasn't your dads... but we know how most people are, they won't speak their mind on another member/members family car.  Seriously I'm sure they did a great job on the car, added bonus the parts he got at tax cost, but everyone is well aware of the car being Overhauled... its history now.  Let it go, no one is jealous I assure you of that!   
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007 - 01:47:26 PM »
 :bricks1: WHOA guys,i din't think mike meant anything by that reply.i myself din't even think about O/H BEING A ISSUE THERE.All he metioned was the quality and such of the hood.  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007 - 02:28:07 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a hood from Goodmark also.  If the guys at Overhaulin, that did Goodys Dads Challenger, didn't have to do much work to it then that is good info to me. Thanks for the input Goody.
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007 - 02:44:51 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a hood from Goodmark also.  If the guys at Overhaulin, that did Goodys Dads Challenger, didn't have to do much work to it then that is good info to me. Thanks for the input Goody.

And when it doesn't fit right, make sure you thank him again :cheers:  Nothing like useless 2nd hand knowledge :thumbsup:  My dads a tv repairman he can fix anything!

You should have stuck with the mustang owners, your a perfect fit for them! 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007 - 02:48:44 PM by SilverChally »
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:10:07 PM »
 :dunno: Actually this thread should be posted under the "Body Shop" anyway, I have never been in that link cause I don't know sh!t about body work so I would not respond to it. As far as a certain member's fathers car, I personally didn't care for the way it was done, but Goody was not out of line with his input.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Got JOB

• Member since 2-14-06
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:13:45 PM »
I thought Goody's info was useful also. I would plug the car too if it was mine. Everone likes to shine whether by posting pics of their cars, garages,web site info, restoration work, etc. for others to see and hopefully get good comments. one persons :2cents: is as good as anyone elses. If someone posts offend , then don't read any more by that person.  Just my  :2cents:
70 T/A Plum crazy
71 vert. viper red
74 Rallye triple black ( sold )
76 Aspen Wagon
West Georgia

Offline Transamcuda.com

• Numbers cruncher and expert at nothing.
    • Transamcuda.com
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:29:30 PM »
Seriously what is wrong you people??!! 

If someone posts offend , then don't read any more by that person.  Just my 

How can you not read about it when hes posted about it all over the internet and on every freakin board that has anything to do with cars at every chance hes had!!!! 

What info did he post that was useful??!!!  NONE  He didnt have anything to do with installing it. I cant beleive some of you people are as twisted as he is. There were other people who gave better and more informative info than he did. but you dont thank them. And I have every right to voice my opinion as much as anyone else does. 
Dont forget to register your AAR at the AAR Registry only at www.transamcuda.com 1981 AAR's on file. Also info on 70 thru 74 E-Bodies. Ask me about yours!!

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:37:26 PM »
I thought Goody's info was useful also. I would plug the car too if it was mine. Everone likes to shine whether by posting pics of their cars, garages,web site info, restoration work, etc. for others to see and hopefully get good comments. one persons :2cents: is as good as anyone elses. If someone posts offend , then don't read any more by that person.  Just my  :2cents:

I post pics of resto work because people enjoy seeing a car built.  I don't do it for the praise of others.  I do what makes me happy and don't need others to pat me on the back every step I take.  You must have missed the parts where this person is only about themself!  I've seen him post on all the mopar sites, someone starts a topic, he switches it to himself.  Just like this one...
70 challenger project
68 satellite