Author Topic: Goodmark R/T hood  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Madmax440

Re: Goodmark R/T hood
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:42:53 PM »
This is great to hear - I have been told (from only one source) that the hoods were very flimsy.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:46:59 PM »
This is great to hear - I have been told (from only one source) that the hoods were very flimsy.

I've heard that about the trunk lids, but this is my first time of reading about the hoods. Needless to say, this is quite a thread we have here.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Got JOB

• Member since 2-14-06
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007 - 03:54:48 PM »
I hope their fenders are good also. Need one.  Some people take all this too serious :bigsmile: be happy
70 T/A Plum crazy
71 vert. viper red
74 Rallye triple black ( sold )
76 Aspen Wagon
West Georgia

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007 - 04:13:07 PM »
 :iagree:

At this point, we only have Goodmark to deal with. Let's hope they get it right.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007 - 04:14:41 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007 - 10:11:16 PM »

Well must be a bad source, goody said they are nice.

Now first hand goodmark experience.  The quarters are 10x's better than the patch repops, but they aren;t perfect.  So I can't see how the other parts would be that much nicer.  This is coming from someone thats done body work since before they could drive... Don't expect to get any repro part and it be perfect.  They are getting better, but this isn't original factory parts.
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007 - 03:53:05 AM »
Look, you asked for opinions, you got opinions.  Some you can use, some you can't.  How about this:  If you ask for opinions, take the ones you can use and ignore the ones you can't or don't want to.  That's a better way to handle it than you deciding you have the authority to determine who can respond to a post and who can't.  And of course you're jealous, it shows.  You just won't admit it.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline moparmussel

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007 - 03:59:30 AM »
 :thinkerg:the great thing about posting and giving advice is to share peoples experience good or bad. take the comments for what they are,and try to be positive with them. as for giving advice of a product or dealer i would hope first hand experience would come into play as to help the unknowing of good or bad! as far as buying ANYTHING from jims,please ask first,that is the worst,most shadey,rip off artist out there! first hand experience is that they suck! p.s.  dont beat up in the overhaulin dudes son,he is proud in his own way,at least it was not a boyd disaster! :bigshades:
74 cuda,az car. built 383,727 manual shift,reverse pattern.8th cuda project,cant get enough!

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007 - 06:44:11 AM »
Let me suggest this:  First, let's lock this thread so that the idiocy stops. Second. transamcuda, start your own board where you can set the rules for who and what gets posted and you can treat people however you want.  Best of luck to you.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007 - 06:59:01 AM »

Don't need to lock it.....he's gone mate, you're the one who keeps going on. What's done is done. He's a bloody nice guy to that Transamcuda guy (Jeff). He isn't usually like that but I guess he was getting fed up with all the "Goody Overhauling this" & "Goody overhauling" that which is fair enough, he's not the only one.

I'm glad it happened to him and his Dad too, the car isn't my taste but it's not for me and that's just my opinion. Jeff perhaps didn't put it in the best way and believe me he isn't always like that (as he already runs his own board) and is level headed & mature in almost everything I've seen him do or say.

Anyhow....back to Goodmarks.........  ;)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007 - 07:28:06 AM »

Anyhow....back to Goodmarks.........  ;)

[/quote]
YEs to goodmarks and also from the original poster,, his comment about ADEALS,, I've dealt with them as well,, even though they dont warehouse anything,, still a good (IMO) person to deal with
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007 - 07:43:27 AM »
Cripes folks, this is a large audiance we are dealin with here, everybodys got an opinion & is allowed to voice it, being a first time restorer I love those pats on the back, I know if I ever get to carlisle I should park way in the back, most of my stuff that looks so great in the pics (as I try & note every now & then) is 10 ft work at best, get close & you can see I'm a beginner, that said I'm still quite proud of what I've been able to learn in the last 5 years or so & do tend to relate my experiances when other people post similar areas of work, how much value that has, I'm not sure, but it's why I join, to learn, to share & to help others when my limited experiance allows, just step back, enjoy the company & don't ruin on of the best boards on the net with flame wars, think of the guy who puts up all the time & money to allow us to be here, he doesn't need these headaches! Rich.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007 - 07:58:45 AM »
 :iagree: Right on rich. same reason i joined.  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline duodec

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007 - 10:40:01 AM »
When I was in high school one thing we noticed was that folks with new (1979-80) cars couldn't let you sit on the hood or fender; icky popping noises and metal flexing were very apparent.  The Challenger had no such problems.  You could lean on it, sit on the fenders, no worries.  The one time it was hit (in a parking lot by a beer truck whose driver forgot to set the parking brake) a kid who tried to stop the truck actually jumped up on the Challenger's hood to avoid getting squished (I saw hiim)... no dents, just a little paint scuffing

So... are these repops thinner but also the 'stronger' high strength sheet metal that was being used to reduce weight in cars by the late 1970s?  Or are they just lighter gauge 'normal' steel panels?

If I mount one repop fender, will it be noticeable when the car is completed (in comparison to the original one) if someone leans or sits on the fender?  Will the hood give and pop under someone pushing down on it (the original one does not)?

Offline Transamcuda.com

• Numbers cruncher and expert at nothing.
    • Transamcuda.com
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007 - 03:51:33 PM »
Let me suggest this:  First, let's lock this thread so that the idiocy stops. Second. transamcuda, start your own board where you can set the rules for who and what gets posted and you can treat people however you want.  Best of luck to you.

Mike

Lock the thread??? Why lock the thread?? There are some good posts about the product as NZ says your the one who keeps agitating things. And again as NZ says I run my own web board and I am proud to say we dont have this kind of drama on there. People can go to my board and get an answer without all the garbage.  Saying to me to start my own board so I can set rules for who and what gets posted and I can treat people however I want just shows YOUR maturity level.  NZ is also right my conduct on this board is not usually like this. But as he also said I as well others are sick and tired of hearing about it.  Let this post go back on course and stop regurgitating this issue. You have a problem with me send me a PM. 

Thanx NZ I appreciate the things you said on my behalf. I owe you an appology for my PM to you. I misread your first post and thought you were siding with him as others do elsewhere. I see now that wasnt the case exactly.  :cheers:
Dont forget to register your AAR at the AAR Registry only at www.transamcuda.com 1981 AAR's on file. Also info on 70 thru 74 E-Bodies. Ask me about yours!!