Author Topic: new barn find, would like some suggestions  (Read 14107 times)

Offline willhaven

Re: new barn find, would like some suggestions
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007 - 03:06:07 PM »
I think it depends if the car was a 'Cuda or a Barracuda. I believe the base model Barracuda's were body color and the performance 'Cuda cars had the matte black panel. Since yours is a 72-74, I believe the 340 was considered a performance model.

I could be wrong though.

Anybody want to clarify?

Offline willhaven

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007 - 03:11:55 PM »
Actually, I just opened my Cuda/Challenger book and it said that all 72-74 Barracuda's had the tail panel in flat black. :dunno:

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007 - 03:59:27 PM »
thanks alot, i believe that is correct aswell, mine is a cuda, flat black will look great
, just starting to gather info!

Offline dmk67

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2007 - 04:46:32 PM »
GREAT FIND!!!! im in search of a 70 challenger project when i find one hope its in that nice of shape good project find. :clapping:

Offline Volvolution

• mmmm.... fried rice....
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2007 - 06:26:28 PM »
Nice car dude....... what a great find. and they are getting harder and harder to find like that. Heck, some of the cars you buy from dealers/people aren't in that good of shape. or in one piece. (mine aint, despite how pretty it LOOKS) And I'm all for the stock appearing resto w/ performance internal upgrades and it not be over the top. thats the way to go with the outrageous prices our lovely cars go for these days. and its just cool like that. only those moron chevy guys take perfectly good barn finds like yers and chop em and tub em and put 540 big blocks in em and paint em metallic magenta and royaly screw them up. so, props to you on that one! :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

.... As for the AMX, I happen to be an AMC fan also. what year is it, color, options, and all those goodies? cuz I'd love a 69 390 go pac car. or, honestly, anything. and, most importantly how much do ya want for it? I'm currently sitting in Denver going to school, so im not too far from yall in wiscawnsin (well, not really) anywho, lemme know bout tha sucker
oh....... too many cars. not enuff money... not enough time....

{oo/======\oo}

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2007 - 07:37:35 PM »
thanks. i have the amx on an amc site for $10500.00 they are getting pretty hard to get aswell, i live 5 miles from where this one was born! lol, anyhow,since i originaly listed the amx, i have made some changes, it has a 390 /4spd, was a 343 car though, the car is pretty solid but does need a cosmetic resto, if ya know someone that can do a 2500 dollar paint job it would be nice, it was gold now red, the car was restored over 25 years ago and is showing its age, i listed it last july and have a few people that want to come look at it ,but havent come yet, the engine was rebuilt about 2500 miles ago according to the last owner, and i pulled the engin to clean up the engine compartment,when i did this i noticed the engine had new felpro blue gaskets on it, it was chevy orange and now is the correct color of blue, i also rebuilt the trans got a new clutch and pressure plate , resurfaced the flywheel, waiting til the weather breaks to reinstall it. i just gave a person a price of $11000. if he puts it back together, i will be getting some pics and just for giggles i may throw it on ebay the way it sits, ya never know someone might HAVE to have it!  any questions call me , 262-638-8606 here are some pics, the flor pic shows the floor replacment that was done 25 years ago, not bad for then, interior is back in car now, trunk pic shows just how solid it is and the whole car shows great in pic but does need a cosmetic resto, call so i can explain what i mean, thanks again

Offline Volvolution

• mmmm.... fried rice....
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2007 - 08:46:52 PM »
I've seen that ad/car about 100 times! holy crap! Thats awesome!

Now, finding $10,500 of my own money......... darn. :(

The other thing is I have too many cars (supposedly) right now.
oh....... too many cars. not enuff money... not enough time....

{oo/======\oo}

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:06:49 PM »
find the money i could use it! lol,

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:14:00 PM »
I think it depends if the car was a 'Cuda or a Barracuda. I believe the base model Barracuda's were body color and the performance 'Cuda cars had the matte black panel. Since yours is a 72-74, I believe the 340 was considered a performance model.

Anybody want to clarify?

This is correct. All 'CUDAs got the black tail panel but all Barracudas got the body color tail panel  '72 -'74

sleepychallenger

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007 - 08:49:14 PM »
love the AMX man. always wanted one. someday  :drunk:

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007 - 07:04:28 AM »
Great find. Keep up the pics while restoring. It kinda reminds me of mine.
1974 Barracuda

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007 - 07:19:28 PM »
great car, love the gilled rocker panels, i like that look, may have to do that to mine. is that a 71 only option

Offline willhaven

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007 - 07:50:22 PM »
I believe the gilled rockers were a 70 and 71 option. Standard on all 'Cuda models maybe?

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2007 - 05:44:21 AM »
The gills were for the 70 model only I believe. (Cuda)
1974 Barracuda

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2007 - 08:10:35 AM »
Barn find, awesome cuda!  I live in WI too, just up by the twin cities though.  about 4.5 5 hours from you  :sadwavey:

Definitely awesome though.  Black looks killer!