Author Topic: new barn find, would like some suggestions  (Read 14098 times)

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
Re: new barn find, would like some suggestions
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2007 - 10:15:16 AM »
I haven't read this thread until now.  Welcome to the site and you have a jewel in the not so rough.  Will be a fun project and the AMX is sharp too.   
Dave or David

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2007 - 07:42:27 PM »
thanks, AMX IS FOR SALE!!!!!!

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2007 - 10:02:03 PM »
pics of the amx

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2007 - 01:49:05 PM »
hey all, i was warm enough for me to take a closer look at my new car! pretty happy with it, just a couple of trouble spots, i am sure when they get into it at the bodyshop they will find more, but all in all its pretty freakin solid!, heres a few more pics from today, only found the one build sheet, in alot of very very brittle pieces, can anyone holp me with the info on the sheets from the pics, these pics were the best i could get, also verified it is a 360 just like the guy said it was, looks like a 1977 block, its going to be a summer of gathering parts, maybe i'll be able to put enough money together to send it off to the body shop next fall!

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2007 - 06:18:15 PM »
Looks real nice!  I have the same hole on the drivers floor!  :faint:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline willhaven

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2007 - 11:11:56 PM »
That DOD sticker is sweet! Almost cooler than the chunks of build sheet.

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2007 - 11:17:56 PM »
thanks, i though so too!  but i wish my sheet was intact :'(

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2007 - 11:45:27 PM »
Nice DOD Form 2220 sticker. The white sticker below it, would have been one of 5 colors at one time (depending on rank/status). It also would have said what base the car was registered at. There also should have had a third sticker with the experation date.

Lunch
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007 - 11:47:10 PM by Lunchbox »

Offline cudaboyandgirl

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2007 - 01:22:47 AM »
Congrats, that's a nice find, you've got a good project on your hands.
Cheers :cheers: Con
1973 Barracuda
1972 Charger
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1974 Triumph Stag Convertible

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2007 - 08:42:30 AM »
thanks all, the car was from colorado and spent its entire life there until the 90's, then came to wisconsin, the lower sticker is unreadable,i have a couple of questions though, i have been trying to look over the car and take stoke in what i have, i was looking at the factory tinted glass and noticed its etchings are correct for the car but the drivers side etchings are facing inward so you can only read from the inside and the passenger are the oposite, is that normal????? and this car has a seperate knob for rear speaker, to the left of the steering colum, is that an option or does it automaticaly come with the  factory am/fm radio, thanks for all the encouragment, i cant wait to get started on it!

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2007 - 05:31:49 PM »
does anyone ever use the chat room???? there is never anyone in there when i'm there

daves70

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2007 - 05:41:13 PM »
does anyone ever use the chat room???? there is never anyone in there when i'm there
Doesn't work for me either. Sweet car and I would go with the 440-6 too! (I could be a little prejudice too)  :grinyes:

Offline 69dart

• work in progress
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2007 - 06:01:36 PM »
that will be a good project... go with the 440-6
"I wanna go fast"

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2007 - 09:26:07 PM »
trade ya dave!!!! love that challenger, i really want to do an A12 lift off hood car, superbee or runner, or maybe something i just spied here! i aways loved the 71 cuda, so maybe i'll just have to create one , like one of the guys here is doing! i think i am going to save the 440 sixpack for that, if this 360 needs to be gone through, i was toying with the idea of making a stroker , but keep it lookin like a stock 340, no substitution for cubic inches! maybe one of those 412 stroker kits, 355 gears and a/c for daily driving, sounds fun to me!  has anyone looked at my build sheets? can ya give me any info from them???

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2007 - 01:17:03 AM »
That's pretty nice the broadcast sheet is mostly intact and there's not too much rust in the floor pan.  As for decoding your broadcast sheet, the best I could see is that you had dual exhaust tips through a valance with cut-outs, you have G11 glass which should be all windows tinted, C-93 is full carpeting (black I believe), W-24 should be magnum wheels with 14" trim rings (W-21 is Rallye wheels), G-41 is a prismatic rear view mirror, and I can't really make out the rest.  A lot of those codes, such as belts and battery, have numbers that correspond to the part number for that particular piece, so it's pretty hard to remember those codes without a book handy.  Too bad you're missing line 12 as it has all the suspension information and any other miscellaneous options that were added.  Here's a complete broadcast sheet (from one of Scott Harm's previous topics) to compare yours to, but keep in mind this is a 318 Challenger's sheet.  I'd help you out more, but I don't have any photos of mine saved on this computer and the book's back home a few hundred miles away.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007 - 01:20:54 AM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin