Author Topic: 2 Broadcast Sheets Found  (Read 1529 times)

Offline zimcuda

2 Broadcast Sheets Found
« on: January 31, 2007 - 10:44:54 PM »
I found two broadcast sheets in my R/T a couple of days ago.  Neither of which are for my car.  JS23NOB240771 and JS23ROB236838.  The second one looks substantial.  It's also got Y07 and Y28 codes.  Canada specs?  Would love to have the car to go with that one.  Might have to hang on to it for a little while until my drool dries up.  Anyway, where do I need to send 'em. 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: 2 Broadcast Sheets Found
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007 - 11:23:01 PM »
I found two broadcast sheets in my R/T a couple of days ago.  Neither of which are for my car.  JS23NOB240771 and JS23ROB236838.  The second one looks substantial.  It's also got Y07 and Y28 codes.  Canada specs?  Would love to have the car to go with that one.  Might have to hang on to it for a little while until my drool dries up.  Anyway, where do I need to send 'em. 

God damn!! R Spec car. Nice find.  :2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 - 12:50:10 AM »
Cool! :2thumbs:

I have heard of the Hemi car before, so I will email the guy that told me about it. He travels a lot, so it may take him a while to get back to me.

Y07 is build for Canadian sale and Y28 is comany car / public relations.

I have not heard of the 383 car before.

If you want to send them in I can list them on the site and hope the owners of both cars see them and claim them. I would also let you know if and when they are ever claimed.

Thanks for letting us know!

Barry
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 - 01:20:28 AM by Alaskan_TA »

Offline zimcuda

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 - 05:18:18 PM »
I assume I would mail them to the adress listed on the 1970 Hamtramck Registry site?
Also, If you happen to come across any info for JS23NOB241439 that would be great.  Didn't see it on the registry.  That's the car the other 2 came from.  How in the world does someone on the assembly line stuff up to 5 build sheets in a single car and not even get 1 of them right??  Glad he wasn't the guy putting the cars together!!

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007 - 06:06:59 PM »
Yep, I can put it here too;

Barry Washington
Box 9632
Ketchikan, AK 99901-4632

Cars with 4-5 broadcast sheets seem to have two or three that match the car for the most part. The sheets in the bucket seats are the "wild cards". The reason is that once the order was filled in the trim shop they would slip the broadcast sheet inside the seat, put the plastic back on and it then went down a conveyor belt to the main assembly line.

Since the front seats were delivered to the main line with the backs on, there was no way to know if the sheet inside it matched the car it went into. The assembly line workers just grabbed the closest seat the right color and pattern and they bolted it in.

I have not heard of your R/T before, if you would like to register it you can print out the registry form at this link;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/register.shtml

.....and then mail it in with the two sheets you found if you wish. If and when either sheet is claimed I will be sure to drop you a line and let you know also. I will also make sure that the car owners search their cars for a sheet for yours.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Barry