Author Topic: Missed Out On a Good One  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Missed Out On a Good One
« on: February 01, 2007 - 06:07:08 AM »
I stopped in earlier in the week at a place where I'd been trying to nail down a deal on this 68 GTX only to find it was gone. It sat in the same spot since 1984, I called the guy a few times and he just said he didn't have the time to dig it out, literally. I offered him 2500.00 the last time I was out there and he said that sounded good but that he was too busy to dig it out at that time. I offered to do it but he said we could do it later. Someone stopped with cash and he let them dig it out themselves, took them most of the night but they hauled it away for the same price I offered. According to the guy that sold it, the bottom was surprisingly very solid. This car was 100% there less the engine. Live and learn, funny how money can energize someone. Pay on the spot and get the title is my new policy.
 :violin:
Here she is, was.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Re: Missed Out On a Good One
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007 - 06:45:29 AM »
OOPS!  :eek7:  I posted this in the wrong section, could someone please put it in the right spot? 

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 - 06:55:21 AM »
Plum, that was a good find.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 - 08:57:19 AM »
Ah damn... good year too.  :(

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007 - 08:24:51 PM »
 :iagree:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline willhaven

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007 - 09:28:37 PM »
I really like the tail panel on the 68's. Especially the ones where the red bars and trim go all the way across.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007 - 10:08:20 PM »
I have a similar story of a solid Red with White Int 68 GTX convert sitting if a field on four flat tires with a 440+6 (6pk Added in 69), could have had it for 4k in 95 my Step Dad (RIP) didnt think it was worth it because it needed a new top.  Live and learn.

Cuda Guy   
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007 - 11:48:29 PM »
Wow, that would have been a great deal!!! :faint:  It definitely helps possible sellers if you bring money along to do the persuading. :thumbsup:  Hopefully you can find another nice project for the same price. :cheers: :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007 - 01:10:16 AM »
Sorry to hear about that....live and learn
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007 - 03:17:21 AM »
Guess the old, "Strike while the iron is hot" is still valid P6P?

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007 - 12:21:51 PM »
Yup, you should know 6pk, this is the same car we talked about a year or two ago. I know you have fond memories of the 68 GTX.
I've got my eye on another one too, a 68 Charger out behind this guys house in a poor looking rural area. It actually looks like it's pretty good but that was from a distance. I stopped in and asked about it a year or so ago and he said he was going to fix it up. The car hasn't moved since then. The last time I went through the area I stopped in but the guy was at work, his son gave me their phone number but I haven't called him, I'd rather do this in person, I believe he'd be more tempted if I offer him some real cash for it. (not to be shown unless a deal is made of course) We'll strike this time whilst the iron is still hot. 

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007 - 02:31:02 PM »
Yup, you should know 6pk, this is the same car we talked about a year or two ago. I know you have fond memories of the 68 GTX.
I've got my eye on another one too, a 68 Charger out behind this guys house in a poor looking rural area. It actually looks like it's pretty good but that was from a distance. I stopped in and asked about it a year or so ago and he said he was going to fix it up. The car hasn't moved since then. The last time I went through the area I stopped in but the guy was at work, his son gave me their phone number but I haven't called him, I'd rather do this in person, I believe he'd be more tempted if I offer him some real cash for it. (not to be shown unless a deal is made of course) We'll strike this time whilst the iron is still hot. 

Good luck!  '68 charger is my 2nd favorite mopar!  Round taillights and blacked out grill.   :drool:

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007 - 03:28:01 PM »

I would have loved to snag that. I sorely miss the old silver girl I had...and the Coronet.... and the 440 R/T SE T5 Chally......heck I miss them all.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007 - 02:23:37 PM »
 :banghead:  I hear ya Mike, I'd give my left uh, well, big toe to get some of the ones I've sold or traded back again.

I'll try to get some pictures of the Charger and keep ya'll posted how it goes.