Author Topic: Is this Possible??  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Is this Possible??
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007 - 04:24:29 PM »
Umm why did you sell the Stage 6 heads  :dunno:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

nivvy

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007 - 04:34:43 PM »
Got them cheap...If I go to aluminum it will probably be Indy EZ's....But since I missed placed $8000 lately im sticking with the iron for know....

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007 - 02:08:19 PM »
Well, in order to get 660 hp, you will need at least 300cfm from the. And you'll have to rev it a bit. You can get 280ish fairly easy. Beyond that, it takes a bit. I would suggest maybe some Indy iron -1s used if you can find some. The deal is, you're spending it either on new heads that can make the numbers, or iron heads that have to be prepped so much to make that number that they will cost close to the new. You either have it to spend..Or you dont. If you dont, you wont get there. It's that simple really. Personally, I'd get a set of RPMs and pay somebody a few hundred to mildly port them. They will easily make 290-300cfm at that point.

nivvy

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007 - 07:00:59 PM »
If i go aluminum im going INDY EZ maxwedge ported and 350 cfm....but for now im trying to get ten second et's with iron...if its possible...3800lb car and no NOS ...

I think I can get ther with the old max wedge heads....

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007 - 07:22:10 AM »
Well, the iorn indys are better than MW, and probably cheaper too...Unless you already own them. But in any case. Regardless of materials or manufacturer, you will need at least 290-300cfm to come close. Over 300 if at all possible, approaching 330 if possible. Basically, you ned the air to make the power. You can either get more air for each firing event (head flow or cfm), or get more events in the same amount of time (rpms). The latter is how NHRA/IHRA Stock Eliminator cars do it. So you could build a ported 915 headed 500 but it will need the lower end set for 7000+ rpm speeds and rollerized valve train to make the power up above 5500.