Author Topic: who will win Nascar ?  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
who will win Nascar ?
« on: February 03, 2007 - 07:11:17 PM »
Anyone brave enough to bet against Toyoda?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007 - 10:44:19 PM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline SilverChally

Re: who will Nascar ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007 - 07:13:34 PM »
Sure why not, if they do that great they will give gm better aero... this is NASCAR after all :roflsmiley:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007 - 07:15:16 PM »
I read an article in a nascar weekly paper thing, and it said that toyota may come to a driver such as Biffle or Kenseth and be able to offer him twice the salary, becasue 'yota is making so much more than ford.  Roush said that he has to find out a way to keep his guys there.

I dont worry so much about toyota, more about the car of tomorrow.  It reminds me of iroc, everyone has a cookie cutter car  :eek4:

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007 - 07:35:15 PM »
I would love to see NASCAR return to the old days and race "stock" cars.

Barry

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007 - 08:04:00 PM »
between lawyers & rule makers the whole world is screwed up now
 I will not watch Nascar anymore & definatly will NOT be tuning in ot see Toyoda race but I bet they will not allow themselves to be embarassed   

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007 - 10:02:21 PM »
I'm gonna watch. Sould be interesting for a while at least

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007 - 12:00:52 AM »

Barry
:iagree:

Vipers, Corvettes, and Cobras.....now that would be real stock car racing.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
Re: who will win Nascar ?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007 - 04:04:42 AM »
I`ve been watching less Nascar every year as the same few big multi car teams are always up front and winning.The sport has gotten too expensive for most and the smaller teams with less money have no chance of even making a top ten position without a lot of luck.It is also so full of advertising it makes me want to    :puke:  -commercail break every other minute and sponsored everything.The cars are already pretty much cookie cutter with only slightly different noses.I may try to watch it this year but it will be very hard seeing Toyoda camrys running around Daytona.Nascar better hope Toyoda and the car of tomorrow bring in the rice boys as fans b/c they will be losing a lot of us old school guys.With the Mustang and the new Challenger and Camaro coming out maybe they can start a new Trans Am type series,throw in a roll cage,slicks and go stock body road racing!

:wavingflag:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007 - 05:16:06 AM »
yea  :iagree: but isn't always about Corporate America and most of the time whoever has the most $$  :money: wins

look at politics - can anybody be president or even local politician - it is a big boy (and girl) money war these days :blah: :blah:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:26:38 AM »
 :blah: Well I really watch very little NASCAR, I like the boys who just shoot straight down that black ribbon. I know most of us dislike Toyota for more reasons then them being allowed to enter NASCAR. But one thing we have to admit, the company does put quite a bit of money into the U.S. ecomony one way or the other. The best way to get them off the ovals is to just beat their asses on race day.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Sublime

• 70 Challenger R/T, Super Trak Pak, 4 speed
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:30:58 AM »

Barry

Yeah, I'd love to see a stock Fusion or Camry go up against a Charger.
"MoPar Spoken Here"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007 - 04:17:21 PM »
HA ha Toyoda already caught cheating & the season hasn`t even started , never did like the waltrips anyway

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007 - 04:30:18 PM »
HA ha Toyoda already caught cheating & the season hasn`t even started , never did like the waltrips anyway

Mike isnt my biggest fan either, but I kinda felt bad for him when he said something like, "It's sad when my 9 year old daughter comes up to my wife and says, "Mom, why does Dad have to cheat?""

Maybe he knew, maybe he didnt, but a mix of alcohol and ether?  That toyota should have been burnin down the track!  :burnout:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007 - 04:42:17 PM »
You guys see where they penalized Kasey Kayne and Elliot Sadler for small vents in the wheelwell tubs or something like that.  It was the consensus of the pundits that those mods were in all of the Dodges last year and they made the cars go NO faster.  It helped stablilze them at speed in the draft.  Crew chiefs suspended 4 races, docked driver and owner points, and stiff fines for all.  Pretty stiff penalties for stuff that doesn't help the cars go faster.

On the OTHER HAND, Jeff Gordon car was caught after winning the 2nd dual 150 with a major violation and he was sent to 42nd starting position in the 500 with no crew penalties, points docked, or fines.  His car was near 1" too low under the template after the race.  ONE INCH too low is major.  If you get the car down out of the wind it definitely makes it faster.  They said it appeared to have been accidental.  A mistake by a crew member and where he mounted the rear shock bolts to the frame or something.  That's BS!  Kahne's deal didn't make the car faster and Gordon's did.  Kayne and crew get blasted and Gordon moves to the back of the field to start.  Must be nice to be a GM guy.   Ah, Jeff the Golden Boy of NASCAR............     :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007 - 05:11:34 PM »
perfectly level playing feild as always  :banghead:
\
  \
    \