Where should I move?

Author Topic: Where should I move?  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Where should I move?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007 - 11:29:35 AM »
CP can park his motor home here for free, use my shop, and just relax, got to the track or shows. I'm 2 hrs from atlanta, 45 minutes from birmingham 1.5 hrs from nashville, 2.5 from memphis, 1.3 from talladega. Lots of things to do....come on down. Got a garage to keep yer mopar in :2thumbs: 3.5 hrs from panama city florida too :2thumbs:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007 - 11:52:59 AM »
There ya go CP...... Hey Alan know any ladies in the Hollypond area that might be interested in a Canuk Motorhead? .....you must drive a mite faster than we care to.  :o
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007 - 01:03:43 PM »
sounds Awesome let me work on it

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007 - 03:27:45 PM »

New Zealand.  :biggrin:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007 - 03:39:10 PM »
I live in NW Ohio...I'm thinking somewhere in Soth Carolina. Hurricanes don't scare me. At least they can give you a forecast as to when they are coming. Here in Ohio, nice summers but, winters stink and tornados crop up in split seconds. (too much panic for me).
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007 - 03:50:19 PM »
I think what I'll do is have two homes . . . that seems to be the answer.  I will sell real estate in Michigan in the spring summer and fall . . . then go to the other house for the winter months . . maybe Mexico or some tropical island would be cool!   :thumbsup:

4C, my buddy just cashed in everything here in Canada and bought a house in Mazatlan, Mexico about a year ago, he loves it down there, only about 150K people, miles and miles of pacific beachfront that gets ridiculously warm...tons of resorts and cheap to fly in and out of. He works offshore gulf of mexico as a geologist on drilling platforms, pretty sweet deal. THe realestate is still reasonable there too I think.

This topis is something I wanted to ask on this board for months, I'm in Canada and happy now, just can't see myself living in this climate any longer then I have to, I hate winter love the summers....love to move to a place with a little more summer, less winter. I like California, the Carolina states, maybe Georgia, Maryland, not real sure but would love to find the perfect place that housing is reasonable, taxes low, climate is great, low crime, and has lots of work for an engineer. Unfortunately, where I am now has everything except the climate...and the ocean.   :walkaway:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007 - 05:51:44 PM »
Jeryst.
I feel your pain and lived it for 45 years. I am from Scranton PA. and lived there all my life until 5 years ago. Tired of the winters and worring about if my wife  was going to get home safe from work in a snow storm or if I was going to make it . I can't tell you how many accidents were caused buy bad roads. How many people died from the cold and snow. My father was one of them. In Jan. 17th 1994 we had a large snow storm( 110 inches that year) he was out snowblowing and came in sat in the kitchen bent over to take off his boots and bam--down on the floor he went -heart attack- EMS could not get to the house because the roads were not plowed. A friend from down the street took the EMS  to the house on his snowmobile but it was too late by the time they got him to a hospital he was gone. The day we burried him it was 21 degrees below zero and that was without wind chill. Two weeks later a neighbor from accross the street was out shoveling and he had a heart attack and died out in the snow on his front sidewalk. When we decided we wanted to move we would just plan our vacations and visit places we thought we would like to live. We check out Charleston SC one year( loved it) then the next year we hit Myrtle Beach nice but way to busy and too many tourist. One year we did Summerville SC and Akien SC. We liked them both but decided Akien was to far from the beach. So we decided on Summerville. It is a nice town although it is growing ( which is good because our house has appreciated by 50 % in just 4 years)We are two hours from Myrtle Beach--two hours from Hilton Head--two hours from Savanah GA. We are only 35 minutes from the beach and 25 minutes from Charleston. We have everything we need right here. I just got off the phone with my Mom and it is going down to 10 below zero tonight and I told her it was 54 degrees here. You can honestly drive your cars 12 months a year here. We don't get snow and we don't get the ice storms they get in North Carolina and upper South Carolina. I have been here 5 years so far and NO Hurricanes yet. As a matter of fact all the hurricanes that hit last years hit PA worse than here. They had some terrible flooding in the whole northeast area.
Don't let anybody kid you--there is NO SAFE PLACE on this earth to live. We never thought that Scranton Pa would ever get Tornadoes but a few years before we moved about 15 miles north of us the small community of Lake Ariel got WIPED OUT buy one. No matter where you choose to live there will be snow storms-ice storms-hurricanes-tornadoes-earthquakes-sunami's-locust-drought-or just the crazy people next door, but there will always be something.
The hard part for us was to leave all our family and friends but we hated the winter that much. Now they all have a nice place to come visit.. If I can help you out anyway just let me know and I will be glad to assit you.
GOOD LUCK!!
JS27
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007 - 06:19:45 PM by js27 »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007 - 06:00:49 PM »
Well, I don't think you want to move to Boston, MA.  High cost of living, housing is $$$, winters might be similar to what you have now, maybe.  Closest Flea market in New Hampshire or other side of the state, a small state though.  Crime is ok depending where you live, in the city, crime is a bit higher, where I live it's pretty nice in Belmont.  No hurricanes/tornadoes/earthquakes.

It's car season all year long, if you have snow tires!  :bigsmile:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007 - 10:36:00 PM »
Well were I live is perfect for you...year round driving, no salt/rust, good schools, low crime,
no gangs, BUT....

Sticker shock will kill you on the houses.
 '70's 1800 sq.ft. rancher is a million $, but ya get what ya pay for I guess.  :faint:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

nivvy

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007 - 12:03:37 AM »
I've lived in...

Little Rock Arkansas (Born)
Utah
Kansas
Ohio
Indiana
Chicago Illinois
California
Pennsylvania (Currently) PA does suck!!!!

The Law still cant catch me...lol   :burnout:

I soon plan to move to LAS VEGAS since that is where I got married....and I saw ELVIS to...  :bigsmile:

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007 - 12:19:20 AM »
 I'm in Concord Ca. the next town over from Chevyconvert, it's not quite as good as his town but it's a bit cheaper to live, there's still year around driving, no snow just a little rain in the winter, the only salt you'll see is on the top of your Margarita glass ;)
 The schools here aren't quite as good as in Chevyconverts town, but no real gangs, just a bunch of spoiled kids with attitudes because they only have three different game consoles (wow talk about poverty :lol: ) and they think they're hardcore gangbangers cuz they got the droppy pants and the price tag still attached to there sideways mounted baseball caps. :roflsmiley:
 All the crime is on the other side of town. The houses around me go for about $525,000 -$600,000 and there about 1250-1600sqft 3 bedroom 2 bath, 2 car garage.
 Good luck with your search

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline bigblock4speedman

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007 - 12:49:00 AM »
Rare TA, my place is in a small town in south Arkansas of less than 2000 people, it's a fine 2 bedroom home and a 32x40 fully insulated shop on roughly an acre and a half, fenced property.  When I figure out where I want to move in a couple of years or less, it may be just what you want.  Winter is not bad here, drag strip about 60 miles I think, most of the year it's warm or hot.  Keep me in mind, if I can find another place in the country, I'll make you a good deal on mine.  If you would like to talk with me about the scene here, contact me with your phone number and I"ll call you and talk to you about it.

Thanks
Jeff

71challengher

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007 - 12:51:11 AM »
PA doesn't suck. I live PA. No Hurricanes , Tornadoes, or Earthquakes here. 45 min south of Carlisle and I don't have to pay fot a Hotel for the show. :cooldancing:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007 - 12:57:18 AM »
Arizona

Sure it's hot in the summer but the automotive paint dries real fast  :grinyes:

You don't even need a spraybooth oven

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007 - 01:18:36 AM »
I don't mind if it gets too hot, I just hate the cold. Humidity sucks though, so I was wondering about the southwest. I just want to be able to drive and work on my cars all year long, for however many years I have left. I'm so sick of losing 6-8 months every year.