Author Topic: Where should I move?  (Read 4965 times)

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
Re: Where should I move?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007 - 04:42:11 AM »
For some of us moving just isn't an option. I live in Michigan and I'm getting REALLY REALLY sick of winter SOooooooo I do all I can to push GLOBAL WARMING..........
 :roflsmiley:

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007 - 09:54:28 AM »
Hey ChallengeHer,
You must live underground--My brother lives in Halifax which is about 40 minutes north of carlisle and they just had a tornado that went right through downtown about 2 months ago.. I don't know how long you lived there but you get hurricanes also. Maybe not the full force winds  but the rain is bad news for flooding. 1973  when huricane Agnes went through in did billions of dollars in damage in the Scranton and Wilkes Barre area. Just last year PA and NY got severe flooding from the rains of the hurricanes that missed us here in SC and went up the coast.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

nivvy

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:10:53 AM »
PA totaly sucks...stay away!!!  :aarg: the only thing good about PA is Chyrsler Carlilse....

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:27:06 AM »
I am thinking your options lie somewhere in Arizona.  :dunno:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007 - 01:12:53 PM »
personally Nevada would be perfect

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007 - 01:16:36 PM »
Check out Niles, Ca. A slow little town near me. Antique stores all over. But stay away from the freeways.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007 - 01:56:45 PM »
JS27, could you give me any input on Taylor , Greer , or Rock Hill in So. Carolina??
Thanks Vin........

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007 - 05:36:05 AM »
Vinb,
I am sorry but I never heard of Taylor. Greer and Rock Hill I have heard about but really don't have any info on them. If you google them and get hooked up with the chamber of commerce you can get free relocations packets from them. They pretty much tell you about the job industry--climate--crime statistics--cost of living --housing cost--and so on.. We have only lived here for 5 years and are still exploring the Charleston area. There is just so much here to do that even after 5 years I still tell my wife that I expect to wake up one morning and say ok vacation is over and it is time to go home. If I can help you with anything else please ask !!
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007 - 06:22:41 AM »
I grew up in Pennsyltucky and moved to MD in '82,, I will tell you to scratch MD off your list,, over priced housing,,, high crime rate, humidity that really sucks , traffic out the whazoo. One of my favorite places is Aruba, low crime rate,, pleasant weather all year round,, just outside of the hurricane belt, grreat beached, friendly people but not alot of area to cruise mopars on.  U.S> Virgin Islands are great too maybe when the sone gets out of college he'll set us up in a nice island home
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007 - 06:36:26 AM »
I live in Miami and I know that choice is out. Way too hot in summer, don't speak fluent spanish forget about it, traffic is horrible, housing super expensive, hurricanes, rude people  etcc. etc.. You should consider checking out San Antonio texas and the surrounding areas. It never snows there, mopars are easy to find, and cheap housing. There are surrounding areas that have hills and cheap land that are beautiful. My brother lives there and I have been there several times and weather wise its pretty good. If you like the beach you can go down to South padre Island, or Corpus Christi thats on the Gulf really nice places there to vacation. I have small children and my wifes family is here so it is not so easy for me to up and leave. If it was just me and my wife I would haul butt in a heart beat. Sell my house here and buy one there for cash and have left over for another Mopar. Why don't you take a vacation on the beach somewhere in Padre Island and drive over to San Antonio and check it out. Use realtor.com to check it out. Good Luck in your search.
1974 Barracuda

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007 - 12:55:27 PM »
The girlfreind and I have been looking for some time now at some property to buy in West Virginia with a cabin and maybe a stream going through it. We will keep our current house which has been paid for now about 8 years. Her sister lives in Kentucky and we are just trying to find a place that would allow her and her sister to spend more time together (This was actually my idea and did I get some points for this - WooHoo). They are about 8 hours away, but if we could find something about 3/4 hour drive for each then it would be a lot easier. We used to have a place in Cape May, New Jersey, but have since sold that and this may be a nice little getaway. With my job all I need is access to the internet so I could basically travel cross country w/o missing a day from work. 

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007 - 01:52:03 PM »
With my job all I need is access to the internet so I could basically travel cross country w/o missing a day from work. 

Would LOVE to find a job like that! I drive 75 miles each way, every day!

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007 - 03:35:21 PM »
Thanks js27, I'll let you know if I do something down that way. Taylor, Greer is just north of Greenville and Rock Hill is in the middle part of the state up near No. Carolina. I would love the coast area but I would think the cost of living is more. I have a friend in Conway, SC...Later Vin....

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007 - 04:37:04 PM »
The weather folks are saying we might hit 60* tomorrow (wednesday).   :bananasmi  That will be nice, but alas, it is February and it won't last but 1 day and then the cold returns......    :hyper:              :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007 - 04:40:49 PM »
Rare TA, my place is in a small town in south Arkansas of less than 2000 people, it's a fine 2 bedroom home and a 32x40 fully insulated shop on roughly an acre and a half, fenced property.  When I figure out where I want to move in a couple of years or less, it may be just what you want.  Winter is not bad here, drag strip about 60 miles I think, most of the year it's warm or hot.  Keep me in mind, if I can find another place in the country, I'll make you a good deal on mine.  If you would like to talk with me about the scene here, contact me with your phone number and I"ll call you and talk to you about it.

Thanks
Jeff

Where are you looking to move? What is the weather like there year around? We had made a trip down there a couple of years ago to find out some info. We don't care if you get snow we just want to get away from the winters that start in Oct and last till April - May. We want to find a quit small homey town where the folks are friendly. We would like a small town that has a larger city not to far away. We would like to find a place where the realestate isn't so high. My wifes sister and hubby buildt a house in Az but the realestate is way to expensive there for us. I also don't want the heat in the summer they get. We cannot afford to keep two places so if we move it will be permenent for us. That is why we are looking for somewhare that has good summers as well as good winters.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!