Yes, prices went down at BJ and we were there!

Author Topic: Yes, prices went down at BJ and we were there!  (Read 2679 times)

Offline super 88

Yes, prices went down at BJ and we were there!
« on: February 05, 2007 - 08:24:32 AM »
 :angelwings: WE WERE THERE!  First, If you never been to BJ auctions, you are missing something! We spent the whole 8 days from early morning to late evening and yes prices went down if you compare to last year. What do you expect? IT REFLECTS ECONOMY!!! Cars are nicer every year. This year they had to choose 1200 cars between 6000 applications. And everybody expect to get big money for there trophys (and yes,what you see on tv is what you get! I could'n believe the quantity and quality of the cars reunited at the same place) But there is only about 400 car that can pass PRIME TIME on the block. Plus, they screwed up big time with the Rock memorabilia & the gravity racers cars on Sat. & Sun.  (We could feel that the crowd were NOT HAPPY about that!) That's mean they have nicer car going thru all week long.Thuesday, Wednesday, Thursday am, and Sunday afternoon were the best time to get a good deal. The place was half crowd on those days and collectors think the nicest cars pass only on prime time. We've seen a few people crying because they didn't get what they expected. Few Mustang Shelby went for less than 100K, a 63 split windows Corvette went for 55K, couples of SS Chevelle big block went for less then 40K, so it's not just the Mopars that got hurts! So if there is a lesson to learn of this, is there is a huge difference between selling on prime time or not! And remember, sometimes prices can reach the sky only because only 2 buyers want it desperatly. So, for some of you who think there Mopars worth less money, DO NOT WORRY for now!! I think what will realy determine or boost the market for the next years, is how desirable the new Challenger will be, just like the Mustangs & Shelbys !!! O yes, for you who watch the BJ auction on Sunday, I'm the one who bought that 71 convertible Challenger crazy plum T/A recreation with the 340 six pac 4 speeds(1542.1). And I think we made a good deal. My only concern is, should I change the T/A stripe for a std. Challenger one, knowing that there were no T/A convertible? You know how some people are?( this is not a real one....bla bla bla....) What do you think? THANKS Pierre from Montréal Canada :cheers: :feedback:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007 - 10:20:57 AM by super 88 »
71 Challenger R/T Orange Hemi
71 Challenger Conv.(with T/A six pack engine & drive trains)
66 Mustang coupe
and yes, 2008 Challenger SRT8 coming very soon!

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Yes, prices went down at BJ and we were there!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007 - 08:53:41 AM »
I dont have cable, so I didnt watch bj, but,

:useless:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007 - 09:17:33 AM »
Sounds like you scored a great car and had a wonderful time!  I say post some pics of your new ride so we all can see what you got.  As for the stripes . . . . do what you like, it's your car!   :cheers:

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:02:41 AM »
It is YOUR car--put whatever stripe on it that you like and---to hell--with what other people think !!
Js27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:06:20 AM »
You have to remember that at BJ, people are looking to buy top quality cars and will pay for them. 55k for a 63 split window Vette is about right, unless the car is all matching numbers, perfict restoration, Bloomington Gold, Top Flight and all that Vette BS. But that's what brings the big bucks. Same goes for Mopars, why did some resto mod cars bring more money than some original Hemi cars?
I think some people are doing some quick resto's, running them threw BJ thinking they can make some big bucks.

Offline Winston

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:14:49 AM »
I think it is gorgeous the way it is.  The stripe looks pretty sharp on the verts too!  I saw a T/A convertible at Carlisle last year while walking around...I knew it wasn't real, but that had little effect on the beauty of the car.   I say keep it if you like it.  I sure do!

nivvy

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:28:49 AM »
I like ALL the members here who are into "DO WHAT YOU WANT IT'S YOUR CAR" because we've all been to car shows and had some other mopar critic pic it apart...I did this when I was 15 to a 70 Superbird owner when I was into "ORIGINALITY" I actually told the owner about his beep beep horn being a aftermarket etc....Being 35 now and not being able to Afford an all numbers matching 440/hemi cuda/challenger ....I'll never do that again to any mopar owner!!!

As far as your stripes ...I bet a lot of people take a double look  :22yikes: when you drive by!!! 71 T/A Convertible  :wow: did they make those!!!  :clueless:

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:52:13 AM »
I watched the 71 Challenger T/A recreation being auctioned off and thought it would bring more money. I thought the buyer got a great deal no matter how I looked at it. I think the 71 T/A convertible makes for a great conversation piece even if they never made any. It is your car so make it the way you want it. I would love to see the car up close.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline tancuda

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007 - 11:35:43 AM »
Just saying Hi super 88, I'm from Longueuil, wow, one member really near me !!

:cheers:

Offline mr.mopar

• mopar maniac
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007 - 01:56:45 PM »
hello
its your car and if you like them you could keep them.i realy like them as is.nice car.i mybe sell my 70 rt convertible and bay a sheaper one and make it like yours :bigsmile:
1971 cuda 6.1L hemi 5 speed
1971 challenger 383 shaker n96
1933 plymouth rod project
1987 harley

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007 - 05:40:27 PM »
Keep the stripe. IT makes your car look unique. It looks good and I am a purist :bigsmile:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007 - 07:03:50 PM »
That car looks great with the stripes !!!  Awesome with the blackout hood, wheels ect

When the carshow twits give you a hard time just tell them you got it that way at Barrett Jackson and then ask them where their car is...

sleepychallenger

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007 - 09:13:18 PM »
 :iagree: i love the look of your car! it makes me  :droolingbounce:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007 - 09:23:47 PM »
First just let me say I saw the car at BJ and I'm glad you got it. I like it, the way it is, myself. As far as pricing we all have an opinion.  :2cents:
I was a E-body fan before they were "C$$L" and I'll be a fan if the $$ drop out the bottom. I have to say I was happy when the prices shot up "there finally getting what there worth" Then the speculators came and ruined it for all the hard core Mopar guys. :money: So I'll be happy if they stabilize so people don't bye them to make a quick buck! Leave them for us Mopar nuts  :working:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007 - 09:33:46 PM »
Nice car! I say keep the strips  :2thumbs: And if you want my other  :2cents: I would say swap it back to rallye's