Author Topic: got pulled over (again)  (Read 1085 times)

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
got pulled over (again)
« on: February 07, 2007 - 11:32:03 PM »
So the forecast says it's going to rain for the next 5 days so I take the car out last night for a quick romp around the town while it's still dry. I turn back toward home and as I pull into my neighborhood I see a motorcycle gaining on me quickly. I stop at a stop sign and he's gaining as I take off. Get's up on my bumper so I just pull over. Sure enough it's a Walnut Creek cop, but instead of pulling behind me he pulls up next to my drivers door.
Says "I just wanted to check out your car! I have a '68 Roadrunner with a Hemi-4spd and I've always liked e-bodies!".
So we talk Mopars in the middle  of the street for awhile as the occasional car has to go out around us.
nice guy. says he goes to the Ohlone show every year.

Sure beats a ticket :2thumbs:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: got pulled over (again)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007 - 05:22:48 AM »
That beats a ticket anyday!  Sounds like a nice guy.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007 - 06:11:52 AM »
I had an old truck fixed up years back....(you know when it snowed 15 inches and you had to walk 100 miles to school everyday) and a policeman pulls me over and talks about my truck for 25 minutes, then says it hurts him so but he has to give me a ticket for turning right on a red  :villagers:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007 - 06:18:07 AM »
That's cool!  :thumbsup:
Glad that it was just a friendly talk. You should have asked for some Tums for the short-lived heart burn!! :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007 - 07:58:24 AM »
Whew!  You had me thinking the worst when I saw the title  :scared:

At least you can drive your car right now  :sadwavey:

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007 - 08:05:25 AM »
I have a friend who's a State Trooper. He lives in the town I grew up in. He pulled over a buddy's '70 RR 440+6 after he saw it leave marks smoking the tires. It was a Sunday, mid day, and he was off duty but driving his unmarked Impala. He likes Mopars, and he saw an infraction, so he pulled him over. I heard both sides of the story...My cop budy said he was  :scared: ready to poop his draers, but he let him off. That one I tend to believe...lol. My other friend (the car owner) tells it as he was "all big n Bad tellin' this young gun trooper to take a pill and stuff. I never told the car's owner I knew the trooper...But I did tell the trooper what the guy said, and that I'd consider it a personal favor to nail him again :smilielol:.  I got off several times from officers who liked my cars...lol.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007 - 03:58:57 PM »
That's a great story!  Stories like this one always remind me of when I was trailering my '73 home from Sturgeon Bay, WI and a cop on duty pulled a U-turn (with his partner in the car with him) to ask me about mine and if a '70 Limelight 'Cuda 383/4-speed he was looking into for $8,500 was a good deal. (almost four years ago and the car was nicely done.) :faint:  You all can guess what I told him and that was before everybody and their mother knew what an E-body was. :hyper:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007 - 04:33:37 AM »
i'm only hoping that in about 3 months May that i can smoke the hemi tires and do some "lawbreakin" so i can get pulled over
  :working:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007 - 04:29:07 AM »
Next time your getting a ticket, ask if its for the policeman's ball, and when he says policeman dont have balls...just take the ticket and laugh.

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007 - 05:13:52 AM »
 Glad he just wanted to chat.  :thumbsup:

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007 - 07:57:20 AM »
Glad it was a friendly pull over!   :thumbsup:

It's always nice to have a friendly conversation with a policeman, especially about Mopars. 
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger