Author Topic: Viper Concept  (Read 3189 times)

Offline vinb

• Resident
Re: Viper Concept
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007 - 06:11:40 PM »
Hi Daytona, Yes , I know what your saying and I'm in my 50's also but I don't care to much for that future stuff. Maybe I am just wishing for some of that old stuff we had years ago with a modern touch... Viper too euro for me and the Prowler well I would rather just build a street rod, the Crossfire a Mopar BMW???

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007 - 06:16:23 PM »

First impressions, I quite like it, a lot actually. I have never been a Viper guy (sorry Cody, yours is the best!) :icon16: but that one to me is awesome. When I first saw it The Batmobile came to mind. Sure would make an awesome Batmobile or at least Batmobile base to work from. Colour looks good, mags check out for me.....

For me, 8 out of 10. (2 points deducted because it's not a classic).  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 70B@rracuda

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007 - 06:21:21 PM »
Hi Daytona, Yes , I know what your saying and I'm in my 50's also but I don't care to much for that future stuff. Maybe I am just wishing for some of that old stuff we had years ago with a modern touch... Viper too euro for me and the Prowler well I would rather just build a street rod, the Crossfire a Mopar BMW???

Viper too Euro, hmmm. No matter what anyone thinks, it is as American as the 'vette, fact. It doesn't matter though, I like European Supercars too.  :)
I would rather have a Rat Rod than a Prowler but I'm glad Mopar had the stones to build a car that they didn't NEED to.
Crossfire a MoparBimmer, I don't know if you've heard the latest news but Chrysler merged with DiamlerBenz as in Mercedes. The Crossfire AND Dodge Sprinter have Mercedes powerplants. BMW?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007 - 06:23:34 PM »
Viper too Euro, hmmm. No matter what anyone thinks, it is as American as the 'vette, fact.

Not to speak on Vins behalf but I think he was stating his personal opinion on the Viper.
Ie: It looks to European for his tastes. Viper is very American, everyone knows that.

:2thumbs:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007 - 06:50:30 PM »

...old dog like me  :bigsmile:

...I really hope the new Challenger is done right, and a CUDA follows soon after....power, style.....it could be my 2nd childhood....well, maybe my 3rd or 4th :roflsmiley:

ps....I've owned quite a few Vipers, and I still don't like the way they sound....it just ain't right :roflsmiley:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 - 06:54:26 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007 - 07:15:48 PM »
OK guys , sorry but I old school. It's not that I don't like change. But what could I say old American Muscle is my style. I don't even care for my 2007 company car, but it's free...
 BMW , no the Crossfire just reminds me of one of those things....

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007 - 07:34:38 PM »
I couldn't stand the sound of the vipers either, until I took the cats offs.  WOW, that's now thats way they all should sound.  Now, very few cars sound good to me.  Everywhere I go people say how good it sounds.... of coarse I never drive it on the street without cats. ;)

What would a old Hemi or 440 sound like if it was made to exhale through 2' of cats, 2 resonators and 2 more feet of mufflers?  Dodge did everything they could to KILL the sound of the viper so they could get the EPA to OK it!  The 600 HP disn't sound good either.... but that will not take much to correct!

How many people here are running Manifold, Cats, Resinotors and Mufflers on their "e" bodies?

I've owned quite a few Vipers, and I still don't like the way they sound....it just ain't right :roflsmiley:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007 - 07:36:44 PM »
No worries!  I love the classics (B and E bodies)  just as much as the vipers.  They both get my excited!

If you ever get to the states, give me a chance to improve your impressions of the vipers!  :naughty:  Open invitation.

First impressions, I quite like it, a lot actually. I have never been a Viper guy (sorry Cody, yours is the best!) :icon16:

For me, 8 out of 10. (2 points deducted because it's not a classic).  :thumbsup:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007 - 08:16:36 PM »
No worries!  I love the classics (B and E bodies)  just as much as the vipers.  They both get my excited!

If you ever get to the states, give me a chance to improve your impressions of the vipers!  :naughty:  Open invitation.

I'll hold you to that Cody my good man.  :2thumbs: Thanks. :cheers:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007 - 08:18:16 PM »
I couldn't stand the sound of the vipers either, until I took the cats offs.  WOW, that's now thats way they all should sound.  Now, very few cars sound good to me.  Everywhere I go people say how good it sounds.... of coarse I never drive it on the street without cats. ;)

What would a old Hemi or 440 sound like if it was made to exhale through 2' of cats, 2 resonators and 2 more feet of mufflers?  Dodge did everything they could to KILL the sound of the viper so they could get the EPA to OK it!  The 600 HP disn't sound good either.... but that will not take much to correct!

How many people here are running Manifold, Cats, Resinotors and Mufflers on their "e" bodies?

...I had a 94 with a gutted exhaust, it was loud (almost deafening), the rest have been mostly stock....a friend of mine has a Heffner 900 RWHP 96 GTS....it is a real ground shaker, sounds like thunder sitting at the curb

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007 - 08:25:33 PM »
Jason can build some monsters!   900 horses   :woohoo:  :woo:  :woohoo:  :woo:  :woohoo:

Open side pipe cars are very hard on the ears.  The rear exhaust vipers opened up to 3" (Balenger) with a couple glass packs at the very back sound GREAT! 

...I had a 94 with a gutted exhaust, it was loud (almost deafening), the rest have been mostly stock....a friend of mine has a Heffner 900 RWHP 96 GTS....it is a real ground shaker, sounds like thunder sitting at the curb

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007 - 09:04:39 PM »
Jason can build some monsters!   900 horses   :woohoo:  :woo:  :woohoo:  :woo:  :woohoo:

Open side pipe cars are very hard on the ears.  The rear exhaust vipers opened up to 3" (Balenger) with a couple glass packs at the very back sound GREAT! 

...I bought the 94 in Toledo....drove it home to Indiana....about half way home we stopped for gas, and when I went into the Speedway, I could see everyones lips move, but all I could hear was a loud buzz.....my buddy following in the other car thought I was BS ing him...so he drove the Viper a couple of hours, next gas stop he was deaf.... :roflsmiley:

...my friends car was the first 9 second street Viper Heffner made....if I remember right, it was 9.91...148mph

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007 - 09:13:57 PM »
I will not take the cats off the side pipe cars for that very reason!

Nice car.... roll cage, upgraded to the '99 to '02 wheels, painted (upgraded) red brake calipers and MGW gas cap. 

He didn't really rent that monster out... that would be nuts.  He would be indicted for conspiracy to commit murder.

...I bought the 94 in Toledo....drove it home to Indiana....about half way home we stopped for gas, and when I went into the Speedway, I could see everyones lips move, but all I could hear was a loud buzz.....my buddy following in the other car thought I was BS ing him...so he drove the Viper a couple of hours, next gas stop he was deaf.... :roflsmiley:

...my friends car was the first 9 second street Viper Heffner made....if I remember right, it was 9.91...148mph
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 - 09:15:32 PM by C O D Y »

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007 - 09:21:45 PM »

He didn't really rent that monster out... that would be nuts.  He would be indicted for conspiracy to commit murder.

...he is my partner in several different businesses....renting cars is one of them (we don't rent our Vipers etc etc ) :roflsmiley:....Memorial Day Parade is about the only time any of mine see the streets...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 - 09:23:42 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007 - 09:35:30 PM »
Love the ACR's... one day I'll have one.