Author Topic: Don't get caught street Racing in San Jose California...  (Read 1700 times)

Offline EVIL72

Don't get caught street Racing in San Jose California...
« on: February 10, 2007 - 12:56:26 PM »
I knew they were getting tougher because of all the Fast and Furious posers out there doing stupid things, but even I was shocked at this.
 This is what a couple of guys got fined when caught street racing in the Bay area.

3 years probation
700$ fine
10 days Jail time
lost liscense for 60 days

2 years probation
$300 fine
3 days Jail time
no license lost

Another guy lost license for 1 year, not sure about the rest of the fines or jail time.

Hell, I remember when it was either a speeding ticket or a exibition of speed ticket.
 Not worth getting caught.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

nivvy

Re: Don't get caught street Racing in San Jose California...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007 - 01:08:34 PM »
IN PA it is a loss of license for a year....dont know fines??

Offline rchurch

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007 - 03:59:03 AM »
They're a bit quick to jump on kids up here right now apparently. 2 kids at my sister's high school spent a month is juvenile hall, under arrest for vehicular manslaughter via street racing. The story was reported across the news as "Teacher Dies in Street Racing Crash."  The story aired on every television news station in the area & the had the standard interview with the police guy giving the fast & furious speech. Both are minors & the judge denied bail. Here's a text version of the story http://www.news10.net/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=23530

then the truth comes out.

The headline on tv should have read, "Woman makes illegal turn in-front of teenager." they were both going to the same place in their own vehicles traveling side by side & by what actual eyewitnesses said at 55 in a 45 mph zone (not 80 as the story reports) & had a green light. (personal interjection: the road is completely safe for 55 or more, multi-lane divided road with few sidestreets, I'm not saying it is an excuse for speeding, just saying 55 is very common on the road) For whatever reason, the woman pulled out against the light & the kid had no where to go. Plowed her in the driver door. These kids can thank the people who witnessed the crash & rose hell when they saw how it was being reported & how these kids were being crucified in the news & courts. I enjoy how they interview the family of the deceased immediately about the "cause" just to get the emotional reaction, sleeze.  Oh and btw the truth has not been reported on any of the sacramento tv stations, guess the truth isn't a good story. Frankly, I just wanted the truth in cyberspace somewhere.

Go after the punks who are actually hurt people racing on the streets, just make sure they were actually racing before you put that noose on their necks.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007 - 08:01:32 AM »
Ouch, that's going to leave a mark! I friend of mine got cought doing that about 10 years ago and he said he wished he would have gotten a DUI instead. He was 58 at the time and had the same insurance since he was 16. They droped him with not only all his cars but his house and lake property. He also had to pay a $800 fine for drag racing. He was on high risk for 5 years with a ins co that only insures DUI drivers. With a DUI he would of had a fine and that's about it.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007 - 08:05:24 AM »
If ya can't take it out of town, be smart and don't do it, it's too dangerous to others, too many things that can go wrong. Use a little brains please. Unfortunately most of these street racers today don't just go from light to light, they turn it into a "chase scene" from these movies. Bad news  :blah:  :blah:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger