Author Topic: Biggest Embarrasement!  (Read 3704 times)

Offline EVIL72

Re: Biggest Embarrasement!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007 - 05:04:29 PM »
 It was embarrassing to me, but luckily no one else knew.
 Back in 1983 when I was in High School, I'm leaving the school in my 71 Plymouth Duster, it had 3.91 gears and did some great burnouts. As the light turned red I found myself sitting right in front of what seemed like half the School as they waited for the bus. So I decided I'd do a nice power stand until the light turned green, something I was notorious for. As I stomped on the gas the throttle cable broke and the peddle stayed on the floor, at this point I was trying to think of anything so I wouldn't look stupid in front of everyone, so I casually got out of my car with a screwdriver as people started yelling "Light Em UP!" I popped my hood and casually turned my idle up as far as I could without it being obvious, then I shut my hood and got back in the car just as the light turned green, dropped it in gear with the motor idling a bit high and let it idle around the corner out of everyones view.

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007 - 05:11:29 PM »
A friend tossed me the keys to their car at the race track & yes it was an auto , so I leave the tree with a good lite & hit redline & shift to second using the clutch of course which results with hitting the 6' wide brake pedal powershift style , so I had to remove my face from the windshield & continue down the track with no a very stellar time , have I mentioned I don`t drive autos ???

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

nivvy

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007 - 06:22:04 PM »
that is hilarios chyrco!!!!   :roflsmiley: gonna have to have a poll on the MOST embarrasing moment!

71challengher

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007 - 06:26:36 PM »
that is hilarios chyrco!!!!   :roflsmiley: gonna have to have a poll on the MOST embarrasing moment!
:iagree: :smilielol: :smilielol:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007 - 06:53:33 PM »
 :iagree: :drunk:

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007 - 07:43:14 PM »
My '70 Charger had major electrical problems that always left me stranded at the most inopertune times.  But by far the most embarrassing thing that ever happend is pictured below.  Lesson learned:  always check your lug-nuts

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007 - 07:48:58 PM »
Mine would have to be taking my former '69 Charger around the block for the first time...My brother-in-law (at the time, ex now) was over and I had just got done putting the new carburetor on the 318, so after a quick check with the rest of the fluids, we decided to take it for it's first spin since the early '80s when it was parked.  I got to around my neighbor's house before we heard something like metal-to-metal contact, so I pulled into his driveway and backed it out.  On the way back home, we both noticed some red fluid in a solid line on the opposite side of the road...Hmm, weird.  So I get back to my driveway and huh, it originated at the end of the road from where I turned from.  Okay, so I stopped the car, shut it down and popped the hood.  Apparently the transmission return line from the transmission cooler must have been bent upward a little, which was enough for the fan to give it a nice slice. (the quick noise we heard just shortly after pulling out of the driveway and onto the road.)  Fortunately, I caught it early enough to not do any damage to the transmission.  The other embarassing story about MoPars also pertains to this same car, but it's more of a Christine-style scenerio since I wasn't inside the car when it began driving in reverse. (It missed me, but hit my dad's semi truck he had at the time.)  Let's just say that event put it in it's rusty place. (the rear frame rails needed extensive work prior to the accident, so it was time to call it quits on the dream car and find something else.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007 - 11:25:00 PM »
My '70 Charger had major electrical problems that always left me stranded at the most inopertune times.  But by far the most embarrassing thing that ever happend is pictured below.  Lesson learned:  always check your lug-nuts

Did it cause any damage to the car or did you get lucky?
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007 - 04:32:15 AM »
Had to have been in the early 80's when my brother decided to race his Chivy Vega against his buddy's Ford Pinto. I figured it was a pretty good match, but I was thinkin the Vega would win. I wanted to see this, so me & my bud decided to follow in my '73 Barracuda to make sure it was fair and witness the run as it was for some small change, maybe 20 bucks. We were on a back road, they took off, and the next thing I know, they decide to drive across an open field. So what did I do?? I followed them. They drove across a set of railroad tracks and this was not on a road at a regular RR crossing, but in the field. I followed, but the hedders didn't want to go!! The first R.R. track rail dented in my hedders about an 1/8 inch and I was stuck.  :scared: Just sitting there waiting for a train to come and nail the Cuda.  :pullinghair: I had to get my brother to help git the Cuda off the railroad tracks. Embarrasing!! :roflsmiley: Oh, and the vega did win the run!! :clapping:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline bigblock4speedman

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007 - 05:07:42 AM »
I hate auto trans too CP,  this happened to me TWO different times.  Back in high school I was haveing fun, cruiseing, hotrodding around town and lost all forward gears.  But reverse still worked, so that's how I got home.

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007 - 06:44:05 AM »
LOL...cp..i've done it too but not at a track....i was driving around town in my moms intrepid and was coming to a stop i went to down shift slammed the clutch and my head hit the steering wheel...another time i was coming to a stop and i was pushing on the brakes and i slammed my foot to the floor and making a loud thump but luckily i was by my self both times.....
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007 - 07:02:01 AM »
when you drive nothing but standard it is impossible to drive without hitting the clutch

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007 - 10:15:03 AM »
when you drive nothing but standard it is impossible to drive without hitting the clutch
:iagree:

For a short time, I worked at a dealership, and I almost sent a co-worker thourgh the windshield when I tried to shift an auto with the clutch.  He was not hurt, but it took some convincing that I did not do it on purpose.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007 - 10:45:24 AM »
I don't have any embarrassing moments driving the challenger, but I did crack myself up once.  When Chryco came out last year before Carlisle, we were fidgeting with the challenger for days trying to get it running right.  Had a heck of a time figuring out the bugs.  But every time we'd change something, we'd have to take it out and see if she ran any better.  Well toward the end when we were getting really close to nailing the problems, we took the car out in the neighborhood for another test run.  While we're driving, I asked Red if I could give it a shot and test how the car would launch from standing still.  So I get buckled in and move my seat up so I can reach the pedals. Chryco is in the front passenger seat and Red is in the backseat. I mash the pedal down and we launch pretty good, sending my seat sliding all the way back on it's tracks!  The launch was about 10 feet.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007 - 10:51:30 AM »
 :clapping:
That was a good one Rev.