Biggest Embarrasement!

Author Topic: Biggest Embarrasement!  (Read 3712 times)

nivvy

Biggest Embarrasement!
« on: February 11, 2007 - 10:48:34 AM »
What was your mopar biggest embarrasement?

Mine was not mine but my dads fault...however I was in the Superbee with him so I guess this counts!!!

We were leaving a local car show and of course everyone want to see a burnout  :burnout: so my dad pulls out and revs the bee up to around 5 grand and dumps the clutch  :picture: and the car just flew backwards in reverse ...  :wow: I still bust his nutz about that one and he still get super pizzed....  :woohoo:

sleepychallenger

Re: Biggest Embarrasement!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007 - 11:04:32 AM »
I was out cruizin with some chevy and ford friends and they were talkin sh*t about the only MOPAR that would cruiz with them. "he's the only one cause he is the only one on that is on the road"..... so you know, i said lets go and see how well its on the road. so i line up with my buddys BB chevelle and when the light turns green..........the car dies cause im out of gas.    :sadwavey:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007 - 12:23:09 PM »
and the car just flew backwards in reverse ...

:roflsmiley:  Sounds like me in my fathers car.

..........the car dies cause im out of gas.    :sadwavey:

Well did you ever race him again?
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007 - 01:28:34 PM »
What was your mopar biggest embarrasement?

Mine was not mine but my dads fault...however I was in the Superbee with him so I guess this counts!!!

We were leaving a local car show and of course everyone want to see a burnout  :burnout: so my dad pulls out and revs the bee up to around 5 grand and dumps the clutch  :picture: and the car just flew backwards in reverse ...  :wow: I still bust his nutz about that one and he still get super pizzed....  :woohoo:

Judging by your post in the Biggest scare thread and this one....I'd have to say you're old man taught you how to drive.   :roflsmiley:   :bigsmile:  J/k buddy, had to give the dig though.  :crazy:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007 - 01:42:41 PM »
Your probably right...  :bigsmile:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007 - 02:00:30 PM »

:smilielol: That's some funny stuff about going in reverse. :lol: Classic!!  :cheers:
Though that's why stick shifts are awesome, human error actually plays a part.  :thumbsup:

For me, I haven't had a bad one as yet, nor do I want to. But I had just purchased the 'Cuda and the previous owner left it low on gas. This was my first drive in it....anyhow I pull up to the gas station, heaps of people looking, busy early morning work traffic, people asking how it goes and what it's like, I told them it was a new car to me. Anyhow, the carb or idle was way off, I start it up and don't give it enough juice, enough to get it moving quickly but not enough to keep the rpms up.....the car dies and I'm rolling towards the gas stations fence lol. The brakes had no vacuum but I was lucky enough to get it stopped in time (just). I cranked her over a few times got her fired and raise the rpms......I left in somewhat of a hurry.  :lol:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007 - 02:32:23 PM »
Does being towed home a couple of times count??   :dunno: I won't bore you with the stories then.   :lol:

This really isn't embarrasing, but I had a shark by the tail recently. I was slowly approaching a red light, and I see this brand new Charger swing into the lane next to me. I didn't want to look over to make him think I was impressed. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the "Hemi" badge. I knew all too well what was going to happen next. I had to give him heck. Light turns green, I light 'em up and get a good jump on him. My window is down, and just hear that Hemi screaming for it's life. I swear he must have been red-lining.  :eek7: I was shocked that he got to my rear bumper, but I had to turn off, and he was looking at another red light. That new Charger R/T isn't bad.  :grinno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007 - 02:33:38 PM »
I have certainly done my share of stalling coming off the line when I was first learning to drive a clutch. 

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007 - 03:08:45 PM »
I have a good one. 

A few years back...I rarely drove my father's 4-speed overdrive Dart, so I took it out one day for a drive.  At one of the redlights, I decided to give it a good launch.  It took off without out a problem and I yanked 2nd....

well I thought it was 2nd....

...dumped the clutch.....

.... and found 4th...(overdrive)....and about went through the windshield.    :22yikes:   :roflsmiley:

1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

sleepychallenger

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007 - 04:01:17 PM »
:roflsmiley:  Sounds like me in my fathers car.

Well did you ever race him again?

once they stopped laughing, poking fun, and i got some gas, yes, i showed them whats what

Offline inot2old

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007 - 07:22:30 PM »
I've just had my '71 for a few months now,and haven't gotten the bugs worked out yet.   Twice I have driven it to work &  Both times when I went to leave the car wouldn't go.  The first time I had a bunch of buddies out there to hear it & it wouldn't even start ( a starter relay wire was loose.)  The second time the shifter linkage came loose, the car started fine, but woudn't go.  :swear:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

71challengher

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007 - 09:31:40 PM »
When I had my 71 Duster we use to have a place we went to race. This guy in a 69 Camaro wanted to race so went out. Bet $25 . Some dropped a penny stick , went for the gas and vapor locked. I was embrassed but paid him his money. :walkaway:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007 - 09:42:57 PM »
I remember when I first got my 73 hardtop in 1982 and I was still in high school . . . I wasn't real handy with cars yet and the starter just quit working one day  . . so for the next 3 weeks every time I needed to go somewhere, I had to push the car to get it started.  Always parked somewhere with a hill to help with the roll. Kinda tough when you're trying to look cool for all your friends and you have to push your car to get it running! But I also remember sitting a brice rd and playing the music so long and loud that the battery died and I was pushing the car to get it started so I could get to the hotel.  I do like that about a clutch . . who needs a starter.   :dunno:

Offline JCWCuda

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007 - 11:27:27 AM »
I was Senior in HS(1982) and i was on my way to the Prom with my date in my Dad's 70 Coronet . We met up with some friends of ours and i had to show them how good the new headers i put on sounded. We'll kept reving it up and letting off and it STALLED . I ended up Flooding it out and got my Butt busted because all my buddies had a bet going that somehow that night i would be working on some car in my TUX. My Date (soon to be Ex girlfriend ) was not Happy cause i promised her i would not have any GREASE under my fingernails for the prom  :eek4:

1974 Barracuda 360
2008 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7l Hemi
1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l
Gone but not forgotten
1967 Barracuda 273
1976 Charger 318
2003 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7l
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007 - 04:03:54 PM »
Well thank goodness I was at the time driving an X brand. Out in the boonies lining them up for a lil fun, the signal is give, I come off the line ahead of my cusins Ferd, I hit second with a screach of the tires still burning a little, and there in my had is the floor shifter, broke off right where it threaded into the mount. I lost. But the worst part was I had to drive about 40 mile in second gear to get home.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger