Author Topic: Biggest Embarrasement!  (Read 3703 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: Biggest Embarrasement!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007 - 12:31:33 PM »
I had a really good running AAR.....buddy had a new Grand National Buick.....lots of BS between us about his "Buick"

too much tire spin and I lost the first race by a length or so... took him by a fender the next 2 races....I was very impressed by the black Buick...

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007 - 09:09:17 PM »
Did it cause any damage to the car or did you get lucky?

Luckily it only rolled the fender a little bit at the bottom where the tire held the car up. 

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007 - 02:34:26 PM »
leaning over the engine of my 68 Charger (440 with a tunnel ram) while the car was running....
Cracked the throttle, had it backfire up thru the carbs and ignite my afro on fire...
Awwwww...Sh!t..!!!!!

I was 18 at the time...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007 - 02:38:14 PM by WANG »
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

nivvy

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007 - 02:37:25 PM »
thats crazy...

nivvy

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007 - 02:40:50 PM »
The very 1st night my challenger arrived on the car transport place for missiouri I let it warm up and then me and my buddy drove it home back to my house...So of course I decided to jump on it...dropped the slapstick down in low built up the rpms and "slapped" it into second the only problem was the slapstick shifter button stuck and i slammed it the whole way into park....talk about hitting a brick wall!!!  :burnout:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007 - 03:08:56 PM »
leaning over the engine of my 68 Charger (440 with a tunnel ram) while the car was running....
Cracked the throttle, had it backfire up thru the carbs and ignite my afro on fire...
Awwwww...Sh!t..!!!!!

I was 18 at the time...

this has got to be the winner  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

good story.....

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007 - 03:31:24 PM »
I had the slapstick button stick stick on my Challenger convertible one night while racing a Camaro.  I went from 1st to reverse.  I never took my foot off the gas and shifted back into 2nd.  The 440 stayed running.  The guys in the Camaro couldn't believe how much rubber could be burned by a 440 automatic Challenger between 1st and 2nd.  I never told them the difference. 
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007 - 04:02:01 PM »
If drawing unwanted attention to you and your car is embarrasement then here's mine. This happened in the early 80's. OK, I work for Canada Post as a tech and sometimes we were asked to fix street mailboxes. This day I had my Cuda at work and was asked if I'd go to a mailbox outside a mall and bring the mail back because the pick-up guy couldn't open the lock. Once there I got it opened, shovelled all the mail in a canvass bag and put it in the trunk. What I didn't know was that a concerned citizen called the cops. As I pulled away 3 cruisers came out of nowhere and boxed me in, just like something you see on TV, and while I was being questioned a sizeable crowd developed. At the end of it all the cops told me they were ready to ram me if I didn't stop, I had to ask what he meant by "T-bone".  
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007 - 04:23:04 PM »
Awwwww...Sh!t..!!!!!

I was 18 at the time...

AH MAN!!!!!   Not the fro  :walkaway:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007 - 05:25:48 PM »
My Barracuda has become notorious for breaking motor mounts.

Last summer, during the big local cruise, me and a couple friends from work were cruising around, with all the other cars.  Well, I end up at the front on a red light, and my friends are urging me to take off hard.  Of course, since I had just replaced the motor mount not a week before, I obliged.  Light turned green, I floored it.  CLUNK.  The brand new motor mount snapped.  I had to limp her on home, while my friends laughed at me. :walkaway:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007 - 10:03:36 AM »
I think Schumakers has a interlocking mount that will not fail

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007 - 03:46:34 PM »
I'll be getting solid mounts for it this summer.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2007 - 10:19:57 AM »
I have a couple.Twas the morning after halloween 1983 when i was 19.My brothers 67 tricked out Camero's alarm kept going off all night so he finally shut it off(we know now if was being set off on purpose by a thief)Next morning it was gone.So I just built a new motor for my 72 Chevelle,its was a balanced blueprinted 350horse 350 that was putting out alot more than that.SO i hopped in my car and was going to go look for my brothers car out in the country where they often dump stolen cars.When leaving the Apt's I romped on the throttle and broke the tires loose.So i decided to really step on it and test the new motor and white smoke was bellowing out from the back of the car.When I got the car straight from being sideways I looked ahead and to my dismay I saw a cop in his car at a call box right across the street fanning his hand around his face because of the tire smoke=OUCh
I got an exebition of speed,breaking traction,traveling without due caution and wreckless driving all on one ticket,lol
My brothers car was found a week later,nothing left,completely stripped,frame and all.
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2007 - 10:29:07 AM »
The next one was when i was 23 I had a 73 240-6 pack,built the motor to the hilt,headers,3 sidedraft 40 dceo webers ect,it was fast.I was racing a 66 mustand and blew his doors.I saw a cop coming the other way when i was at around 110mph in the city.I saw his flip his cruiser around to chase me.A good buddy was sitting right beside me and he said "ditch Him" so i said ok.I laid in to the throttle and left him,going in and out of residential areas,he couldnt corner like i could.So about an hour passed and it was 2 am now,so we went into Denny's for a meal.We were seated by 2 cops in the next booth....2 more cops came in  and sat with them.We heard one cop ask another"Have you seen a little black 240z  drag racing around?"It was racing another car and ditch us when we tried to pursue the car.I told the waitress promptly "Check Please"lol
My license plate said AWSUM Z,glad he didnt get close enuf to read it
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

sleepychallenger

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007 - 11:34:34 AM »
I have a couple.Twas the morning after halloween 1983 when i was 19.My brothers 67 tricked out Camero's alarm kept going off all night so he finally shut it off(we know now if was being set off on purpose by a thief)Next morning it was gone.So I just built a new motor for my 72 Chevelle,its was a balanced blueprinted 350horse 350 that was putting out alot more than that.SO i hopped in my car and was going to go look for my brothers car out in the country where they often dump stolen cars.When leaving the Apt's I romped on the throttle and broke the tires loose.So i decided to really step on it and test the new motor and white smoke was bellowing out from the back of the car.When I got the car straight from being sideways I looked ahead and to my dismay I saw a cop in his car at a call box right across the street fanning his hand around his face because of the tire smoke=OUCh
I got an exebition of speed,breaking traction,traveling without due caution and wreckless driving all on one ticket,lol
My brothers car was found a week later,nothing left,completely stripped,frame and all.

i got one of those but mine was called "excessive display of horsepower" how cool does that sound. didnt care about paying the ticket, just liked how it sounded.