Author Topic: Slow connection and just sayin hello to everyone  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Slow connection and just sayin hello to everyone
« on: February 12, 2007 - 08:23:20 PM »
Just stoppin in to say hello to everyone. The wireless here at the motel seems to be having serious problems. And dialup here is very bad through motel lines. So I will be in a bit and out a lot if anyone needs me.  :wave:  I am sure I have taken care of all my obligations I have with the members here.  :cheers:  I'm on the west coast 7 miles from canada. (EH ?) And 2500 miles from my wife , home , and e bodies. This will be a long job here I am afraid. It took 10 hrs just to get my specialty machines into this refinery. The safety here is extremly tight. They even gave me a gps tracker to carry around on me just incase I blow myself up doing my job, so they can find what ever is left of me. This is an emergency job here and also an experiment since they will not shut down to let me work. My wife is upset and I can not tell her all the details. Plus today is her birthday. But we did share the weekend. It took 25 hrs to fly and drive here the way things went with the flight , weather, and driving.

I will be on and off checking my pm's , but this is very slow. I can read one post in 10 minutes, So I will sign off soon.

Hello guys and girls, hope to do some cruisin soon and read all the good posts here....ALAN

Alaskan_TA

Re: Slow connection and just sayin hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007 - 09:03:57 PM »
Stay safe Al!

Barry

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007 - 09:06:51 PM »
Definitely be careful!   Stay in touch!   :bigsmile:

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007 - 09:12:07 PM »
Take car and be careful.
7 miles from the border on the west coast. I wonder if you are closer to me or Barry, I bet it's me.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007 - 10:03:40 PM »
Stay safe
 youo are not that far from Me & JS27

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007 - 11:09:13 PM »
 Be careful, and be safe.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007 - 11:56:13 PM »
Stay safe Al
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007 - 06:11:13 PM »
Hopefully Al will be able to report in latter tonight. be safe buddy.  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007 - 08:23:51 PM »
Hey everybody :wave: I made it through another day here. I finally got to start doing some work here. Once they went through their safety procedures and the electrician went through all my electrical 480v systems, they gave me rein. I am hoping to be able to finish this job by Friday. I found their problem this afternoon, corrected it and am already 40% done. It kinda shocked them what I did and how quickly they went back into production on that unit. Now  BP Refinery can go bragging again they make 3 mill a day profit again. Maybe - just maybe I helped a wee bit to keep the price of fuel down by .00000001% but I doubt it. They really freaked out when they saw what they asked me to do and how dangerous it was. They have lock out tag out, I have to do my work will live and rolling. 80,000 lbs rolling at 5 rpms and I was in a space 2x3 and making it work. So the danger for me is done now (thanks for the support) Now it's all down hill for me (or to me) but they still have assigned me 3 safety watch, fire watch people. So I bought lunch and broke the ice.

My helper some how caught my brakes on fire driving my pickup and trailer here from Iowa. I don't know how he did it, but he had flames shooting out of my brake system. So I will have to fix his mess up. I think he was riding the break pedal going down the mountains, and burnt eveything up. Glad he didn't wreck or cause any injuries from his ignorance. But since I raised 4 children and put them through school, and never lost my nerve with them, I can handle his in abilities to not realize he should look in the mirror every once in a while.

Slowest speed I ever had here tonight.

Thanks for the support. When ever we all meet each other at an event, the night out for dinner is on me.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007 - 08:28:41 PM »
Glad to see youre OK Al  :2thumbs:

Your work sounds very complicated, and all I can imagine is the scene from "Rocketman"  With that guy twirling around trying to rewire the spaceship!   :roflsmiley:

Thanks for keeping the price of fuel down!

Stay safe,

Steve

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007 - 09:18:10 PM »
Howdy Alan, Hope your stay in the fer nawth is good. You ain't missiin nuthin down here, our three days of decent weather just went south for another week at least highs in the 30's
Take Care
Wade
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007 - 12:38:47 AM »
Glad to see youre OK Al
:iagree:

Wish you the best on getting done early.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007 - 07:27:09 PM »
This connection is only gonna be slow for a couple more days.

I FINISHED THE JOB!!!!!
But my trailer is at Les Schwab tires getting the brakes fixed.

Who lives around Fort Collins Colorado?  Gotta cruise through there and do a small job on my way to Sioux City Iowa for a few days of anual refreshers, then 2 weeks off for vacation.
Remember my whining post? I miss my cars, well I do, so I am taking 2 weeks off to go play again. I hate working all over the country.