Author Topic: Anyone use DiscountAutoParts.com?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Anyone use DiscountAutoParts.com?
« on: February 13, 2007 - 06:56:06 PM »
Stumbled across their site looking for Moog suspension parts. So far I've found them to be decently cheaper compared to CSK's (Checker/Kragen/Shuck's)website. They have free shipping over $100, no sales tax if you are out of New Jersey. CSK has sales tax, and free shipping over $50.

After pricing some Moog and Raybestos stuff out, it comes to $276.66 at CSK w/sales tax, shipped (Florida 6%). And $205.97, shipped and tax free from DiscountAuto.

www.discountautoparts.com vs www.partsamerica.com

$70 difference to my door... :scared:  Anyone ever use these guys before? I haven't placed the order yet, just curious.  :clueless:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Anyone use DiscountAutoParts.com?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007 - 08:01:31 PM »
I have heard from other people on a truck forum who have used this place before and reccomend it, but since I have no first hand knowledge about it, I shouldnt be commenting.    :bigsmile:

I have looked there too, and I might get some things from them   :2thumbs:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007 - 08:19:06 PM »
Thats ok, first hand knowledge isn't required.  :grinno: Some opinions for others is accepted.  :thinkerg: :2thumbs:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007 - 09:24:52 PM »
I bought from them last year. Can't remember what it was that I bought, but I didn't have any problems.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007 - 10:47:38 PM »
Too bad the CSK store I used to work at went under otherwise I could've gotten you a "sweet deal" on those parts. :-\  One suggestion for you is you may want to look into Napa Premium suspension components...I was originally going to purchase exclusively Moog components, but after seeing a cut-away of a Moog ball joint and the NP one, I swayed to pay the extra for the NP ones. (not to mention they're lifetime guaranteed, so you can't go wrong!)  The Moog's internal part, the actual ball, has grooves cut into it and wasn't as well-designed as the Napa Premium's ball was.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007 - 06:15:25 AM »
I thought those grooves were on the 'enhanced design' moog ball joints to aid in lubrication.  :clueless:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007 - 06:21:31 PM »
I thought those grooves were on the 'enhanced design' moog ball joints to aid in lubrication.  :clueless:

That's correct, I'd rather have the ones with the grooves. As far as I'm concerned, you can't get much better than Moog! :2thumbs:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline gkring

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007 - 07:10:39 PM »
I've used www.rockauto.com for most of the stock stuff I didn't have to have "today". Here in Texas sales tax is 8.25%, so mail order without tax is a huge savings. I try to plan ahead when I can, but it gets harder and harder.
Greg
71 challnger convertible
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline oldkimmer

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007 - 08:14:28 PM »
Actually moog has 2 product lines, a run of the mill line and a premium line, be carefull of what u think y are buying. A buddy of mine used to work for moog and clued me in on this, if the price seems too good u are probably getting the cheap 1s.........older+wiser kimmer.....
The beast has been unleashed........Thems the hazzards..........Unleash the beast......

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007 - 09:04:30 PM »
Actually moog has 2 product lines, a run of the mill line and a premium line, be carefull of what u think y are buying. A buddy of mine used to work for moog and clued me in on this, if the price seems too good u are probably getting the cheap 1s.........older+wiser kimmer.....

ok, so who carries the run of the mill and the 'premium'? and how do you know what you have/get/looking at? Same part numbers between the two sites.. ???
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007 - 06:37:21 AM »
From Rockauto.com
MOOG Part # K772  {Ball Joint}
Front; Upper 
 $22.79 $0.00 $22.79 

MOOG Part # K7262N  {Ball Joint}
Front; Upper; Enhanced Design 
 $31.79 $0.00 $31.79 
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007 - 10:21:04 AM »
From Rockauto.com
MOOG Part # K772  {Ball Joint}
Front; Upper 
 $22.79 $0.00 $22.79 

MOOG Part # K7262N  {Ball Joint}
Front; Upper; Enhanced Design 
 $31.79 $0.00 $31.79 

RA is about $3 cheaper on the upper ball joints than discount, I'm not sure if RA charges for sales tax or not. But with shipping for what i'm looking to get, it looks like RA is more expensive than discount (no shipping or tax) and im not sure if RA charges tax... :swaying:
1976 Dodge Warlock

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007 - 11:54:02 AM »
RA is about $3 cheaper on the upper ball joints than discount, I'm not sure if RA charges for sales tax or not. But with shipping for what i'm looking to get, it looks like RA is more expensive than discount (no shipping or tax) and im not sure if RA charges tax... :swaying:

I bought some ball joints for my Dakota from RA a few years ago and if I remember correctly, they did not charge me tax.

They are out of Madison, WI so as long as you do not live in the same state, there should not be any tax.

Here is some interesting stuff about them:  http://www.rockauto.com/press1.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007 - 12:01:09 PM by jacksboys »
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007 - 12:11:35 AM »

Guess I should've done my research on that one, but I also meant to say from what I could remember the Moog UCA ball joint looked pitted on the ball assembly. (something I'd expect to be produced well and therefore be smoother overall, assuming the heating process would make for a stronger part overall.  I think they both had grooves and I just screwed up on that aspect of things. :misbehaving:)

I've always heard good things about Moog components and stocked them before CSK went over to McQuay Norris parts, so let us know how things work out for you once you get your car back and install the new suspension components. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin