Author Topic: funniest car deal you ever did, buying or selling....  (Read 1900 times)

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
Re: funniest car deal you ever did, buying or selling....
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007 - 10:11:00 AM »
Is this the one I know about with the reflector tape as one of the hood inserts?

Should be a side marker lens from a 73 style Ford Pickup....If memory serves me correctly....I can't believe that nobody took that out....
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007 - 01:13:27 PM »
I gues the best deal I made was my second vehicle it was a POS chev truck , I had too much $$ in it & couldn`t give it away advertised it for over a year with no nibbles , I thought I was going to have to scrap it but I was looking through the local trader & saw an add , a guy desperatly needed a truck but had no $$ so I called & asked what he had to trade , turns out he owns a 68 Cuda S fastback 340 4 gear with a hurt 340 & 48,000 miles on it , done deal , I drive the truck there call a tow truck take the Cuda home pull the engine , fix the spun brg problem & instantly have a very fun & fast car to drive  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007 - 07:30:22 AM »
Here was a neat deal i was involved in.

Traded my #'s matching red/red AAR 4 speed for a 70 Challenger R/T ragtop non-numbers 440 auto. In the deal I got $3800 cash and a pair of 1/2 carat diamond earings for my wife. The guy I did the deal with was a wholesale jewler.

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007 - 03:57:02 PM »
In 1994 I was about to buy my first car, a 1977 Ford Capri 2.8 V6 (German), and had sit on a train for 4 hours to pick it up. We went for a short test drive and everything seemed as I expected. It was a manual tranny and I struggled to find the Reverse to park it outside seller's house. Suddenly I sit there waving with the gear lever in my hand just as you've all seen the pics from Car And Driver testing the Cuda AAR back in 1970  :smokin:
What's not so funny was there weren't any bolt or nut had loosened - the gear lever snapped off :o
Well, it was late in the afternoon and I was definitely not in the mood for another 4 hours by train. The seller then made a few phone calls upon we pushed the car over to his neighbours barn. They teared down the console and welded the gear lever back in position. A few hours delayed I had bought my very first car and heading way home  :D

The gear lever had a visible notch caused by manufacture error, what a coinsidence it snapped off this particular day after 17 years in traffic   :-\
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

Offline garrett007

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007 - 10:46:21 AM »
In th early 90's I bought a 1978 Chrysler New Yorker with 440 for $20 and a six pack of beer.  I only had to buy a rebuild kit for the carb.  Drove the the car for about a year and sold it for $50.
'68 Charger
'70 Challenger RT/SE (non-running)
'70 Challenger Deputy (non-running)
'1979 Macho W150
'96 Avenger - Gone
'05 Town & Country
'06 Charger R/T

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007 - 09:34:08 PM »
i worked at a goodyear tire dealer that also did full mechanical work aswell, one day on the hook comes a nearly perfect 75 montecarlo, loaded to the gilles from california, i live in wiesconsin, our store was about 7 miles from I-94 so they brought it to us, story is, guy flies to cali to pick up his mothers monte, she passed away, he got the car,driving it back, it overheats, he keeps driving til it wont drive no more! :1zhelp:he lives in the next city north from me,(he almost made it!) when we tell him it needs an engine he says junk it! i give him $150 , i put out he word i am looking for an engine, a friend of mine has a 350 from an ss nova, he needs some tires, he takes four tires from our used rack, gives me the engine, 2 days later i have a very nice car i drive for about 2and ahalf years,then sell it for $2800 ,  that was a good deal