Author Topic: Found a very lonely Superbird today!!  (Read 10186 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Re: Found a very lonely Superbird today!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007 - 04:10:47 PM »
I was wondering what kind of cash amount have you offered?or if you might know the amount others may have offered?

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007 - 04:19:18 PM »
Trust me, the guy won't sell.  I tried to buy it, my buddy has tried to buy it.  I know atleast a dozen other people who came with cash, try to buy it in the past decaded.  The guy won't let it go sadly.

Ryan

You'll never know unless you try though.  There was a Hemi Bird sitting in the crappiest house in the crappiest part of Boca Raton for close to 20 years, everyone and their sister tried to buy it for so long, everyone gave up.  Low and behold, last year a buddy of mine mentions it to someone he knows, next thing you know, the car that "We ain't never gonna sell, it was our daddy's and we're gonna fix it up some day," belongs to my buddy's acquaintance.  Yes, he paid a bundle for a MAJOR project, but it's a real #'s matching Hemi 4 Speed Superbird.  Moral of the story, it never hurts to ask.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007 - 05:44:26 PM »
This is where my T/A sat since '79 untill I bought it in '90. It was not for sale also but after a year the guy decided he would sell. I was told by many people that knew him I would never own it cause several people over the years have tried to buy it. It doese pay to try though,
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007 - 06:06:49 PM »
Hey R/Thedkace,

If you do score that Superbird I can take that purplely looking car off your hands, and I won't even charge ya!   :poopoke:  :misbehaving:  :smilielol:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

daves70

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007 - 06:17:33 PM »
Hey R/Thedkace,

If you do score that Superbird I can take that purplely looking car off your hands, and I won't even charge ya!   :poopoke:  :misbehaving:  :smilielol:
:roflsmiley:

71challengher

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007 - 07:17:13 PM »
You'll never know unless you try though.  There was a Hemi Bird sitting in the crappiest house in the crappiest part of Boca Raton for close to 20 years, everyone and their sister tried to buy it for so long, everyone gave up.  Low and behold, last year a buddy of mine mentions it to someone he knows, next thing you know, the car that "We ain't never gonna sell, it was our daddy's and we're gonna fix it up some day," belongs to my buddy's acquaintance.  Yes, he paid a bundle for a MAJOR project, but it's a real #'s matching Hemi 4 Speed Superbird.  Moral of the story, it never hurts to ask.
:iagree: There was 71 Cuda Vert that sat near my grandma's house. It sat there for about 15 years. I went up with cash countless times.So did other people. The guy was always fixing it up. Then the car disappeared. :dunno: I guess he finally decided to sell it.

Offline barnfindcuda

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007 - 09:16:41 PM »
took me nearly 9 months to buy my cuda,i just made friends with him , had a few beers, told him it was a shame it just sits there, it was stored there, guys stopped paying for storage, and i was there ready for the car, patience!  i also know where there is a challenger convertible 340 car, been in a garage and not driven in at least 10 years, he knows he has something but isnt mopar savvy, when my 69 amx 390 4 spd sells, i will be stopping by.! 
i heard about 2 years ago he was going to sell then decided not to, i have this info form his cousin, looked at the car myself, he recently moved it to a someone elses house for storage, in my book that means he's loosing interest,   dont give up on that bird!  may take some time. maybe even make friends with him and tell him you will help him restore it, then start gathering info, prices it cost to do it right, he may realize he cant afford it and could use that money more than the car!  good luck

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007 - 09:32:21 PM »

Um... I did try, and so did my friends, as I stated in the post.  My friends offered upwards of 10-20,000 for it years ago.  One of them brought $5000 in cash for the guy, as a down payment.  I didn't go so high.

I bought my 69 Charger R/T SE out of a garage in Chicago for $1,500 four years ago.  I bought four 70 Barracudas for $2000 a year ago.  I bought four 68-74 Darts for $100.  I know they are out there, I have found them.  If you have any doubts, check out my website.  I am not saying don't try, I'm saying I've tried, my friends have tried.  I hope he has better luck.

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007 - 12:56:55 AM »
I bought four 70 Barracudas for $2000 a year ago. 

What ever happened to the guy who bought one or two of those Barracudas, Sal-Chichon?  :clueless:

Last time he was on this board was about a year ago.  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007 - 09:31:01 AM »
What ever happened to the guy who bought one or two of those Barracudas, Sal-Chichon?  :clueless:

He's been busy with work and such.  Hasn't done much to the 71... I thought it was a 70... had a hint that it was a 71, which it turned out to be!  He's still a member here.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007 - 11:16:36 AM »
He's been busy with work and such.  Hasn't done much to the 71... I thought it was a 70... had a hint that it was a 71, which it turned out to be!  He's still a member here.

Ryan

Cool, thanks!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007 - 05:43:16 PM »

Oh Yeah, the swiss cheese Cuda. I remember.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007 - 06:34:26 PM »
Hey R/Thedkace,

If you do score that Superbird I can take that purplely looking car off your hands, and I won't even charge ya!   :poopoke:  :misbehaving:  :smilielol:
:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
Sorry, It's not for sale,"gonna fix her up one day" try again in tweny years  :roflsmiley: :misbehaving: J/K  :smilielol:
Thank you all for the support, and stories everyone  :thumbsup:
Small world devil I guess  :faint: Thanks for the info
It gives me hope, and despair :cheers:
Though nothing will stop my very cautious pursuit of this poor bird  :1zhelp:
My friend from work told me to tell the guy I am from the National Society for Abused Mopars  :roflsmiley: May work? Yes?  :grinyes: No?   :grinno:
  For those of you that live in paranoia  :scared: with the taking of a few pics  :picture:
Yes I have had things stolen from my yard before  :swear: and yes I have seen folks taking pics in my yard also  :dunno:
I parked in the front yard. Knocked on the door a dozen times before I snapped a few pics.
I made sure there were no street signs, license plates or house #'s visible in the pics. I talked to the neighbors across the street while taking pics. I lifted the half @ss tarp up about 12 inches to take that pic. Big F'n deal.
If this owner does not want people bothering him, and taking a few pics, I'm sure he would not leave it in this dispicible state out in the open. It is apparent he does not give a sh!t about this car  :walkaway:
 Next time I go there I'm going to look for a broadcast sheet, and hopefully I can snag the VIN, and the fender tag while I'm at it.................O, and I'll definitely take pics of the crime   :swaying:
Stay tuned  :bricks1: .............................................It's a joke....as in ha ha  :misbehaving:
My co-worker got a story from the guy down the street from him who said that this guy bought this car for his son, and you know the rest of this story......same ole.
 I'm getting more info day to day. I'll keep ya informed, and thanks again all  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007 - 06:37:53 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn:
Dave

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007 - 08:32:18 PM »
Hold up, you are going on his property, without permission? 

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger