Found a very lonely Superbird today!!

Author Topic: Found a very lonely Superbird today!!  (Read 10181 times)

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
Re: Found a very lonely Superbird today!!
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007 - 08:43:15 PM »
Hold up, you are going on his property, without permission? 

Ryan

Ball buster...you have a ton of photos and I doubt you asked permission to take each one..lol.   :bigsmile:   :roflsmiley:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007 - 08:59:09 PM »
Hold up, you are going on his property, without permission? 

Ryan

Might be hard to ring the doorbell from the side walk.  Maybe a 20ft pole will do the job?  :roflsmiley:

It is a wee bit risky.  If we don't hear from you in a while will scrounge up some  :2cents: for bail!  :smilielol:

All in the name of old Mopars!  :faint:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007 - 09:23:25 PM »
I would have anyone arrested for trespassing on my property for any reason....Unless you are law enforcement and have a warrant, you have NO VIABLE REASON to be on my property without my permission. Coming onto someones property could be percieved as "Casing the Joint". I am fully within my rights to protect my family and belongings from damage, theft, injury or death. Not only that, but if you were to get injured while illegally trespassing on someones property, that situation could get ugly....Personally, I think that anyone doing this, should reassess the reasons for doing this type of action.
JMO
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007 - 09:27:34 PM by 71GTX »
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007 - 09:29:30 PM »
I don't agree with invading someones personally property, but if there is a car like a superbird in a field beside an abandoned house...you can bet i'm gonna check it out..lol. :crazy: 

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2007 - 09:56:26 PM »
Ball buster...you have a ton of photos and I doubt you asked permission to take each one..lol.   :bigsmile:   :roflsmiley:

You bet your ass I have.  I'm not going to be arrested for trespassing.  Cars in Barns aren't that big of a deal that I need to break the law to look at them.  Every picture I have, I have met the owner in some form or another and have all their information in my little black book.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007 - 04:36:11 AM »
You people need to relax, and get a grip  :poopoke:
How many pics of cars are on this site that were just sitting there, so someone took a pic of it.
Give me a break. If the pics anger you that much, move along to another post, and ignore this one.  :wave:
I just wanted to share a cool story of a sad bird, and if that really upsets you, boo F'n hoo.
Move along, and spread your beleif in the law somewhere else, because it's falling on deaf ears  :swaying:
This car has been in magazines for christ sake.
Get that bail money up soon SB72   :roflsmiley: :thumbsup:
Love the doorbell from the sidwalk analogy  :roflsmiley: Put's it into perspective  :swaying:
Thanks to all those who kinda understand where I'm coming from  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007 - 07:12:31 AM »
I would still RESPECT someone elses property.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 71GTX

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007 - 07:36:41 AM »
 :wow: I find this all rather amusing  :smilielol:....The narrowmindedness of those that fail to see that what they are doing is TRESPASSING. Maybe they should go ahead and post their address on here and on all of the other MOPAR boards, so God and everyone can see where they live and see what you have to "take pictures of". Heck, just post the pics on here and "interested parties" can see for themselves what you have.... :poopoke:

If you don't have a problem with someone entering onto your property, uninvited, thats your gig....but others may not think the same as you, and may consider your trespassing, a violation.  :stirpot:

:smokin:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Barracuda (project)
3 Harleys

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007 - 07:40:43 AM »
You people need to relax, and get a grip  :poopoke:
How many pics of cars are on this site that were just sitting there, so someone took a pic of it.
Give me a break. If the pics anger you that much, move along to another post, and ignore this one.  :wave:
I just wanted to share a cool story of a sad bird, and if that really upsets you, boo F'n hoo.
Move along, and spread your beleif in the law somewhere else, because it's falling on deaf ears  :swaying:
This car has been in magazines for christ sake.
Get that bail money up soon SB72   :roflsmiley: :thumbsup:
Love the doorbell from the sidwalk analogy  :roflsmiley: Put's it into perspective  :swaying:
Thanks to all those who kinda understand where I'm coming from  :cheers:

If the picture was taken from a public place, it isn't illegal.  Also the picture in hot rod was legal cause we actually talked to the owner and he allowed us to take pictures of the car.

It just shows what kind of morals some of the people here have.  Trespassing is alright if it is for a cool car.  very sad.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline 71GTX

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2007 - 07:59:01 AM »

If the picture was taken from a public place, it isn't illegal.  Also the picture in hot rod was legal cause we actually talked to the owner and he allowed us to take pictures of the car.

It just shows what kind of morals some of the people here have.  Trespassing is alright if it is for a cool car.  very sad.

Ryan

:iagree: Trying to justify their illegal actions.... :nono:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Barracuda (project)
3 Harleys

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007 - 08:49:16 AM »

Ryan

Give me a break man...I said if the house is abandoned and the car has been sitting for years I would check it out (and not disturb it). If you couldn't reach an owner of a car on an abandoned property you wouldn't sneak a peak and snap a pic?? Check out the neglected cars thread of the board, people do it every day. If the house is vacant....I would NOT venture onto someones property, I do respect....jeez   :drama:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2007 - 09:17:50 AM »
Give me a break man...I said if the house is abandoned and the car has been sitting for years I would check it out (and not disturb it). If you couldn't reach an owner of a car on an abandoned property you wouldn't sneak a peak and snap a pic?? Check out the neglected cars thread of the board, people do it every day. If the house is vacant....I would NOT venture onto someones property, I do respect....jeez   :drama:

I never meant you 1BAD.  You made it clear that you would not go onto someone elses property if there is someone living there or such.  I can see how going onto someone's property if the hours/property/barn seems abandoned or such.  That would be alright to an extent, because you are trying to discover who owns the car and such, since there are no other signs. 

I've never done that, I have found through neighbors, county surveyors and such who lives where and who I'd need to contact.  With the Green Superbird above, my friends and I knew the car wasn't going anywhere, we were in no hurry, we met the guy and he showed us the car, no problem.  He just doesn't want to sell it, too many memories.  Which I understand, just sucks that the car has to rot like it is.  A buddy of mine even offered to help the guy protect it, but he declined.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2007 - 09:22:11 AM »
I never meant you 1BAD.  You made it clear that you would not go onto someone elses property if there is someone living there or such.  I can see how going onto someone's property if the hours/property/barn seems abandoned or such.  That would be alright to an extent, because you are trying to discover who owns the car and such, since there are no other signs. 

Ryan

Oh...my bad....  :crazy:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline MG440RT

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2007 - 10:41:41 AM »
This started out as a simple thread about a moment in time that doesn't happen very often anymore...that being the ' discovery ' of a special car from long ago . That's pretty simple no ? Seems some anally-retentive , monday morning lawyers have taken this way the **** out of perspective . Do you take pictures at a car show without talking to the owner first ? Yes , that statement is not-related because of the circumstances...BUT , it's about as important as your statements about trespassing and the possible pratfalls ( I suppose if you live in the Appalachans and play the banjo on your front porch it might be relative ) AND as useless .

You can take your pictures and I'll take my pictures , I promise not to name you as a co-conspirator in any trespassing lawsuits that come my way...in the meantime , enjoy life and what it reveals to you .

Have a nice day y'all...

nivvy

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2007 - 12:00:27 PM »
Is it a 383 /440 / 440+6 or Hemi car????