trespassing on other's property

Author Topic: trespassing on other's property  (Read 5266 times)

Offline pink panther

• Resident
trespassing on other's property
« on: February 24, 2007 - 04:05:50 PM »
This is from the other topic
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30779.0;topicseen

We all have our own opinions, and mine is stayy away from my stuff, I respect other peoples propert, you should respect mine.

PP
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: trespassing on other's property
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007 - 04:09:22 PM »
 :violin:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007 - 04:18:23 PM »
I can tell you I have had a Harley Davidson motorcycle stolen from me years ago and it has left me with the stay off of my property additude. If I don't answer the door go away unless you know me and think I'm out back in my garage. My german shepard knows when I'm gone and she is not going to let anyone near my garage if I'm not with them and even then I think she is a good judge of a person and doesn't like some people.
just my 2 cents

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:00:03 PM »
This is spinning a bit out of control IMO...an innocent thread was started about someone with a cool find...I think we ALL agree that venturing onto someones personal property is a big no no....if the car has been sitting on a property that has not been vacated for a decade, then the "tresspassing" to look at it is questionable...I'm sure there are properties that are crown land with cool cars on them. Most people aren't gonna spend the time and effort to persue an owner of these vehicles without taking a quick peek to see if its worth the time and effort. Poking around inside the car etc. however is a different story. A lot of people look at these cars with bad intentions, a lot are like us who just want to share a cool find and know they probably will never convince the owner to sell.

I just think there are a lot of cool stories about rare finds that come through this site, I love reading them, when this sort of thing happens, who the heck is gonna want to post a find...with the fear of being accused of a criminal....we all know different parts of the country are different, where i'm from, I don't know of one person who would come out of their house with a gun to enforce thier right to protect, thats just crazy IMO...however I have had stuff stolen from me in my current place of residence, and would definately have a different feeling towards someone on my property.   :dunno:

Bottom line, lets get along, and don't let curiosity get you a bullet in the butt.   :bigsmile:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:10:02 PM »
 :iagree:    All this talk about shooting curious folks and stuff is pretty worrisome.  Seems like a lot of "shoot first, ask questions later" folks here.  Lot of bally hoo over nothing IMO.   To me it's simple, treat folks property/stuff like you would want your property/stuff treated.  If someone gets a little too curious concerning my property, I'll handle it on a case by case basis.  If after interrogation they are cool, I'll decide how much curiousity I'll allow.  If they aren't cool, they will be made to leave the property.  Seems simple to me.....       :cheers:    :bigshades:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:11:09 PM »
:iagree:    All this talk about shooting curious folks and stuff is pretty worrisome.  Seems like a lot of "shoot first, ask questions later" folks here.  Lot of bally hoo over nothing IMO.   To me it's simple, treat folks property/stuff like you would want your property/stuff treated.  If someone gets a little too curious concerning my property, I'll handle it on a case by case basis.  If after interrogation they are cool, I'll decide how much curiousity I'll allow.  If they aren't cool, they will be made to leave the property.  Seems simple to me.....       :cheers:    :bigshades:    :cooldancing:   

Exactly!

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:13:58 PM »
Just to knock on the front door is OK...  The worst thing they can do is call me a SOB.

If no one answers I just hit the road  :wave:

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:20:58 PM »
Exactly!
I agree to a point,it depends and where they are snooping.My 5 acres is fenced and gated with no trespassing signs all over the place.If someone climbed my fence and was snooping around my shop or house they would be looking down the barrel of my 12 guage.It would be pretty obvious they were up to no good seeing all the signs and having to climb fences.A city residential area is different,unless someone is in your backyard.I would never shoot someone for trespassing unless my life was threatened(at least not with a deadly round and curious kids would be excluded as well).I would however make them lay on the ground until the police arrived,and if they tried to run....They'd get a shot in the arse full of rocksalt,bet they wouldnt do that again :bigsmile:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:28:40 PM »
I think there should be a third option, "Within Reason" or something like that.
For example, walking into someones fenced back yard without permission = bad.
If your out in the middle of nowhere, and see the wing of a superbird poking out from behind some bushes in a farmers field, aslong as your careful not to damage anything and the paddock isnt full of stock, its ok.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007 - 05:54:35 PM »
I think there should be a third option, "Within Reason" or something like that.
For example, walking into someones fenced back yard without permission = bad.
If your out in the middle of nowhere, and see the wing of a superbird poking out from behind some bushes in a farmers field, aslong as your careful not to damage anything and the paddock isnt full of stock, its ok.

I disagree, It's not ok.  you are tress passing. Just because it isnt fenced doesnt mean its ok. If you have your front door open at your house, can I come and poop in your bathroom long as I dont make a mess?  Your car is unlocked, can I see if you have a owners guide in your car? I got a blown fuse. Or can I see if the water in your swimming pool is heated or not if you dont have a fence?

I am sure the justice department would love to just come up and do whatever without a warrant.

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007 - 06:37:54 PM »

I disagree, It's not ok.  you are tress passing.
Its only trespassing in certain circumstances.

For example, here you can cross any land to get to any beach (within reason, you cant cross someones back yard to get to a beach thats a few kilometers down the road) because all beaches are owned by all New Zealenders, making it illegal to restrict access to them.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007 - 06:42:15 PM »

I disagree, It's not ok.  you are tress passing. Just because it isnt fenced doesnt mean its ok. If you have your front door open at your house, can I come and poop in your bathroom long as I dont make a mess?  Your car is unlocked, can I see if you have a owners guide in your car? I got a blown fuse. Or can I see if the water in your swimming pool is heated or not if you dont have a fence?

I am sure the justice department would love to just come up and do whatever without a warrant.
That brings up the story about the guy that got his fender tag stolen from a "Curious Lurker"
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

daves70

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007 - 06:45:19 PM »
If you don't want shot, stay off other peoples property with out asking.  :grinyes:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007 - 06:52:03 PM »

If you have your front door open at your house, can I come and poop in your bathroom long as I dont make a mess? 

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing!!!!!  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007 - 07:17:19 PM »
I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing!!!!!  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:

:iagree:    :roflsmiley:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE