Author Topic: trespassing on other's property  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
Re: trespassing on other's property
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007 - 07:22:20 PM »
Its only trespassing in certain circumstances.

For example, here you can cross any land to get to any beach (within reason, you cant cross someones back yard to get to a beach thats a few kilometers down the road) because all beaches are owned by all New Zealenders, making it illegal to restrict access to them.

Not here in the US you can't.  If a person owns the property that lays between you and the beach, you must walk around.  You cannot go onto another persons property without permission. 

Now the intensity of the punishment could be from nothing, for walking up to a door to ask about the car, to being arrested for being on someones property, moving and touching things that aren't theirs.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

71challengher

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007 - 07:26:46 PM »
I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing!!!!!  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:
:iagree: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007 - 07:33:07 PM »
Not here in the US you can't.
Im not there in the US, so That law doesnt apply to me.

I stick so my original statement, that there should be a third option added saying "within reason" or something like that.

Offline bigblock4speedman

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:24:29 PM »
I say THANK GOD WE LIVE IN THE U.S.A.!!!  We have a constitution, a very good one, and we have our rights and freedom and yes our laws are different from other places.   We stand apart from the rest of the world because of the way we do things, one of these things is to respect people and their property, as guranteed by our constitution. I like to read the cool stories about the good finds that people have found, and I hope this topic won't discourage them.  It shouldn't because I figure the people here go about it the right way.  The people on this site seem to have good judgement and however you make a cool find, just be careful and respectful, like you would want yourself and your property treated.  As Old's Cool says, it's real simple.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:29:54 PM »
If you don't want shot, stay off other peoples property with out asking.  :grinyes:

Salt rock will keep them remembering you forever!
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:31:37 PM »
These topics won't stop people who find the cars lawfully.  If they don't have anything to hide, they won't care posting.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:33:23 PM »
Where I am from it isn't uncommon to go on to someone elses land unless it is posted (i.e. no tresspassing signs) Which are only up during deer hunting season.  :dunno:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:35:21 PM »

I see your point Andrew, I think we're a little more relaxed down here though in some respects. You can leave your doors open in the rural and most guys won't care, no guns down here, maybe a few hunter rifles but if it's 10 acres and it's near a road it would probably be OK but I myself would still ask. Thank God I live in New Zealand, we're free like anyone else. Mind you, every country is the land of the free except for Iraq and probably a few small African countries. :lol:

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:54:44 PM »
Iv been researching a little (well a few minutes on google is hardly researching, but I found most of the info pretty quickly anyway) and found that under American law, you are rarely allowed to shoot trespassers. This leads me to believe that anyone who does is gonna get put away for murder.

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007 - 08:58:50 PM »
I think a lot of it has to do with where the vehicle is located on the property and where the property is located. I live in a lower-middle class city with plenty of crime, so you better believe that I have the "shoot first and ask questions later" philosophy. I live a hundred feet off the road, in a well lit house, with a ditch in front of it, and I had my radio stolen out of my car less then a year ago. :swear: If I had my car parked in front of my house and someone was taking pictures from the sidewalk I probably wouldnt mind. The moment they touched the car would be the moment they better be prepared to defend themself from verbal and/or physical attack. I get my permit to carry in a few months and if I see someone in my backyard snooping around....the gun will be drawn, police will be called, and charges will be filed. So to anyone willing to trespass, keep in mind that I am not the only one with that belief....so if you want to risk fines and your life go ahead.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007 - 09:10:25 PM »

If you have your front door open at your house, can I come and poop in your bathroom long as I dont make a mess? 
Sure you can,but you will be crapping out of more than one hole if you do :bigsmile:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007 - 10:39:52 PM »
Sure you can,but you will be crapping out of more than one hole if you do :bigsmile:

:roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:

:iagree:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007 - 10:52:14 PM »
Iv been researching a little (well a few minutes on google is hardly researching, but I found most of the info pretty quickly anyway) and found that under American law, you are rarely allowed to shoot trespassers. This leads me to believe that anyone who does is gonna get put away for murder.

In most places you cant shoot someone for stealing unless you believe your life is in danger. Recently, there are cities that have had enough and allow the use of force if someone is trying to steal your car or rob you. Also, in America if you are going to shoot someone robbing you then you better make it count - shoot to kill. If you leave the criminal alive then be prepared to get sued by them and/or their family. Its quite ridiculous how the law system works here. Anymore it seems like criminals have more rights then honest people.....
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007 - 11:22:49 PM »

Just because it's not allowed doesn't mean it won't happen. The prisons are overflowing with people who didn't care about the law when they did whatever they did. You can be right, and dead, at the same time.

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007 - 11:52:01 PM »
there are cities that have had enough and allow the use of force if someone is trying to steal your car or rob you.
Yes most places have laws like that, but they state "Reasonable force".

For example:
Someone is on your land, and you dont want them there - You can go and physically push them off your land.

Thats reasonable force.

Someone is on your land, and you dont want them there - You can kill them.

Thats unreasonable force.

I get the feeling that some members here have trouble telling the difference between the two.