Author Topic: trespassing on other's property  (Read 5268 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: trespassing on other's property
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007 - 03:09:48 PM »
Why lock it? That's cencorship! Debate is the lifeblood of democracy. When eveyone has said what they want to say, the thread will die on its own.

I can only hope that comes soon.  :woo:  This is the third thread on such a matter. I don't know why this is such a HUUUGE ordeal all of a sudden.  :clueless: I won't be back here again.  :wave:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007 - 03:15:05 PM »
I agree,this whole thing has gotten out of hand.And some have pics on another site of a car that they had not talked to the owner yet and are making big waves here.So if your gonna kick ---make sure you know what your kicking

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2007 - 03:20:16 PM »
I wonder why....

Ryan
I expected nothing less from the man who has the insatiable need to be right.
I'm done.

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2007 - 04:51:20 PM »
sorry guys and gals, I just started a poll here because it was suggested from the other thread, just thought we could put it to a vote and go from there, didn't know it would start everything all over again.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2007 - 05:50:38 PM »
I suggested the pole, and it showed over 90% in favor of respecting peoples rights and property. Just as I suspected. So I am through trying to read through it all too.

nivvy

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2007 - 05:53:58 PM »
You posted the poll entirely wrong!!!!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2007 - 05:54:45 PM »
It`s a very good debate and it`s been kept civil so why lock it?The poll shows where most of us are on this subject though.Most of us are very passionate about our cars and it shows.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2007 - 08:44:05 PM »
The poll still only has 2 options :-\

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007 - 10:27:01 PM »
I expected nothing less from the man who has the insatiable need to be right.
I'm done.

Probably the best thing.  Don't want to stick your foot anymore in your mouth.

I agree,this whole thing has gotten out of hand.And some have pics on another site of a car that they had not talked to the owner yet and are making big waves here.So if your gonna kick ---make sure you know what your kicking

If you mean the AMX I posted about on Moparts?  I did talk to the owner today.  Very nice guy, let me look the car over.  He doesn't intend on selling it.  It will be for his kids some day he says.  I gave him my number and I was on my way.  Cool car though, 390 4-speed.  He says it was a go package car, I can't tell the difference.

Notice how these pictures are from the street, and the car is in full public view?

BTW... I also found this, talked to the owner first...

Ryan
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007 - 10:31:08 PM by Devil »
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007 - 10:43:22 PM »

A little Off Topic, kind of, same subject though.....

I take photos at car shows and post them on my NZ Mopar forum. After about 1 week I got some emails from an angry lady owner asking me to remove her car, you have no right, bla, bla, bla. I emailed her back and said I have every right, your car was at a show, photos will be taken and posted. She should know this. She emailed back getting angry as so I just deleted her photos and moved, on, too much hassle and too much BS over something so small. I could understand if the car was at her home or perhaps on the street but at a car show?!? Come on lady.

Ahhh, that's better.  :bananasmi
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2007 - 11:31:43 PM »
Here's a question for all of the photographers....when taking pics of cars that are in public venue and you then publish the photos on the web, do you blot out the cars license plates??
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007 - 11:45:30 PM »

Depends, if it's to put on my registry, yes. If it's to post on a public forum, no. You know that when you take your car to a car show of course people will take photos. People don't take photos to eat off so of course they will be shown around to family, friends and members of a community such as a forum. If they don't like people taking photos of their cars at car shows either A) stay at home or B) remove the plate for a [DODGE] or [MOPAR] style accessory plate. I leave my plates on at shows.

If people want to trace the plates they can't they are addressed to a PO Box, not my home address. Besides, if someone really wants your car, they will find it and there is nothing you can do about it. There is no more harm in posting a number plate IMO. People will see the car on the streets or parked outside a hot pie shop on a Sunday cruise, so unless they never drive it there will always be someone who can read the plates.

:2cents:  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 70B@rracuda

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007 - 02:14:12 AM »
So much for such a simple thing. Just let who's property is being trespassed upon deal with it. I think people should be decent enough to ask to go on someone's property but it isn't a matter for brandishing a firearm. Unless there is intention to hurt the property owner of course.
As for car show pics, They obviousley want people to see the car when they take it to a show. What is the difference between people seeing a car at a show and on the web? Sure take it down if they don't want it up but it is a little crazy.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007 - 03:17:30 AM »
Probably the best thing.  Don't want to stick your foot anymore in your mouth.
Where was I for that?  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:

It's funny, because I have no issue with what I did, it's some of you who insist on pushing your belief system on others.
I wouln't dare try to tell someone, (especially someone you don't know) what they should, or shouldn't do.  :nono:
To each their own, as long as no one is harmed.

By the way did any of you tough guys that go straight for the weapon ever think that the "trespasser" may ALSO have a weapon, and be a much better shot than you are?
Is someone who is just there to admire you vehicle worth that risk, insteat of taking the civil route which may just save YOUR life? Just a thought.
Enjoy the day all..............well, almost all  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007 - 07:53:31 AM »
Where was I for that?  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:

It's funny, because I have no issue with what I did, it's some of you who insist on pushing your belief system on others.
I wouln't dare try to tell someone, (especially someone you don't know) what they should, or shouldn't do.  :nono:
To each their own, as long as no one is harmed.

By the way did any of you tough guys that go straight for the weapon ever think that the "trespasser" may ALSO have a weapon, and be a much better shot than you are?
Is someone who is just there to admire you vehicle worth that risk, insteat of taking the civil route which may just save YOUR life? Just a thought.
Enjoy the day all..............well, almost all  :cheers:

Oh this is good... not only do you condone trespassing... you want the trespassers to be armed and to shoot the person who owns the property... that's great.... really great.

Also, if a picture is taken in public,aka car show, as long as you don't post the address or license plate, you are good to go.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham