Author Topic: Chryco Psyco- gotta question for you  (Read 3250 times)

Offline moper

• Resident
Re: Chryco Psyco- gotta question for you
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007 - 10:09:39 AM »
I thought that too. I ended up buying back a spare small block one I had from a friend, who bought (by part number he told me) a correct NOS one. The difference was not very much, but placement and length of the clutch side lever was definately different. I think the forks are the same, but just in case when I was shopping for a setup for my '70, I bought a bell/fork/cover assembly...lol. I havent tried to match those parts to small blocks stuff. Anybody have a 70-71 Ebody parts book handy?

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007 - 09:22:53 PM »
Yes ... at home  :banghead:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007 - 10:27:26 AM »
Al,  That new pressure plate wasn't bad.  You have to adjust the finger height on almost all pressure plates to get the correct height.   With the pressure plate fully clamped down, the fingers also should not be touching the cover and also have enough clearance for disk wear.  When fully depressed, the fingers should not touch the disk springs.  All this can be adjusted by turning the three pressure plate's adjusting bolt heads.  Look in any good clutch service manual and look for "setting your clutch pressure plate's installed finger height". 

Your replacement clutch may also be "BAD" if you don't start checking this.

P.S.  My big block and small block z-bars are different where the bellousing side arm is welded on.  I don't  remember which one at the moment but one is welded closer to the end.  Having the wrong one is easily fixed with the angled adjuster.  Call Passon , they can help you with any 4-speed questions.

Rob
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007 - 12:15:17 PM by shelbydogg »
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007 - 08:14:29 PM »
Al,  That new pressure plate wasn't bad.  You have to adjust the finger height on almost all pressure plates to get the correct height.   With the pressure plate fully clamped down, the fingers also should not be touching the cover and also have enough clearance for disk wear.  When fully depressed, the fingers should not touch the disk springs.  All this can be adjusted by turning the three pressure plate's adjusting bolt heads.  Look in any good clutch service manual and look for "setting your clutch pressure plate's installed finger height". 

Your replacement clutch may also be "BAD" if you don't start checking this.

P.S.  My big block and small block z-bars are different where the bellousing side arm is welded on.  I don't  remember which one at the moment but one is welded closer to the end.  Having the wrong one is easily fixed with the angled adjuster.  Call Passon , they can help you with any 4-speed questions.

Rob

Thanks for the tip.  I bought a ram setup from summit and installed it. Everything is working and adjusting perfect now.

Come to find out, somehow I had mis matched parts. The springs in the disc were hitting. The parts matched up as a diaphram disc and a borg n beck plate. Everything released, but the springs in the disc were getting stuck on the beck fingers.   Only I get the off the wall stuff happening to me.  It seems the larger springs were offset more to one side then the other. It was a defect.  And I do know the disc only goes one way.

Thanks for the advice, I have had to do that before :2thumbs:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007 - 09:46:53 PM »
Glad to hear that you got it fixed,

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0