Author Topic: Bulkhead Options  (Read 731 times)

Offline Grundy

Bulkhead Options
« on: March 04, 2007 - 09:29:36 AM »
Ok, so I'm in the middle of rewiring the chally, and found that it was definitely a potential fire hazard. Anyway, I'm not using the replacement harnesses, I'm using one from American Autowire. My question is, does anyone have any good ideas or alternatives for using the hole where the bulkhead connector resides? I'm passing all the wires through that hole, and I want a water-proof interface to keep things dry on the inside. THoughts?
Drive it like you stole it.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Bulkhead Options
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007 - 09:31:35 AM »
I guess the easiest fix would be to use the factory bulkhead plug from the old harness & modify it to allow the new wires through & seal it up to close the hole

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Travis72

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007 - 05:01:25 PM »
You could make a patch panel and weld up the existing hole, then just drill a round hole where ever you want for the harness.  Of course it depends on how original your car is and if you're willing to modify it like that.  Otherwise like Chryco mentioned could you use a stock bulkhead connector to seal the hole?  If you didn't want to run the wires through the old bulkhead you could use some epoxy or plastic weld to seal up the bulkhead connector completely.

Anyway, just some thoughts.....   :clueless:

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Grundy

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007 - 07:21:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies, and the ideas are appreciated. The car isn't going to be original. I like the idea of the epoxy. Actually I found some plastic that I can massage into a nice cover plate for the hole, then epoxy a couple of weather tight connectors in there. Make it look nice. It won't be till next weekend, so the continued comments are welcome.

Thanks again.  :2thumbs:
Drive it like you stole it.