Author Topic: Correct Challenger Door Handles!  (Read 645 times)

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
Correct Challenger Door Handles!
« on: March 08, 2007 - 06:06:31 PM »
I was looking around on the web and came across a company called Mega Parts that is offering the correctly curved Challenger door handles, as opposed to the Cuda ones that Direct Connection offers.

http://www.megapartsusa.com/

They also have the reverse lockout linkage that everyone threw away, and that is now worth a fortune for the origional parts.

1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Re: Correct Challenger Door Handles!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007 - 07:16:29 PM »
Has anyone tried any of there stuff?From those pic's,it look's like some really nice stuff.

Offline PLUM_72

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007 - 09:31:22 PM »
I bought a set of the Challenger door handles.  They are nice pieces!  Didn't buy mine from megaparts, mine came from Joshs musclecar parts.  Regardless there is probably only one set of tooling for the repros and many suppliers.  Not sure who is making these, might be Dales Cuda Shop as on the back side of the handle a small "DCS" is cast in. The handles fit great, they come with a rubber gasket, while not correct, the gasket fits the handle better than the original plastic gasket did.  The handle also sits even with the lock portion.  The originals never were even and sat slightly below the lock portion.  While not an exact copy of the factory handles, dare I say they might be better.  The fit and finish of the repros are likely what the factory likely was going after 35+ years ago.

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007 - 07:42:02 AM »
This is great news!  The other parts that I always wondered about were why no one was making the side marker lights, but now we can get those from B/E&A

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=e&cat=e

With all these parts showing up I can help but think that they are trying to come up with a crate cuda and/or challenger.
1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan