Author Topic: 1974 Plymouth Barracuda w/440 (SOLD!)  (Read 1050 times)

Offline zerfetzen

• 'Cuda, should'a, would'a...you lost.
1974 Plymouth Barracuda w/440 (SOLD!)
« on: March 11, 2007 - 08:15:18 AM »
Thank you for looking at my 1974 Plymouth Barracuda, which is in Farmington, CT.  I completely love this car and know that I will regret selling it, but financially I must.  I have a website specifically for this car, with a lot more detail than in this listing.  Please visit: http://440barracuda.tripod.com/  This car also appears at http://www.cuda-challenger.com/  To see it there, click on Member Rides.  As you can see, I really love this car, and have taken care of it right.  For example, it is in a heated garage.

Here is some brief information about this mighty MOPAR:

Engine

Unbored 1968 440 with ported 906 heads, that was basically rebuilt stock about 600 miles ago, with a few upgrades:

Comp Cam (.545 lift, 285/297 duration)

Victor Intake

Holley 750dp Carburetor

Hooker Super Competition Headers

Big End Aluminum Radiator

MSD Ignition System

Fuel supplied by a Holley electric fuel pump mounted next to the tank

(as always, for more detail, see the website for this car: http://440barracuda.tripod.com/ )

Note: Everything is solid, but the power steering pump leaks a little and should be rebuilt or replaced soon.

Transmission

727 rebuilt with B&M valve body and shifter, B&M Super Cooler

TCI Torque Converter with 3,500 RPM stall (it is large enough that the front lower transmission shield cannot be mounted with the TCI in place, which is the norm when putting a large torque converter on these cars.  For this reason, some transmission fluid can trickle out down below, which again, is no big deal and is the way it must be.  I just didn't want the lucky bidder to appear for the car, look underneath, see that, and fear a problem.  There is no problem.

Rear End

489 pumpkin with new Richmond 3.91:1 gears

Paint

Custom purple, done by previous owner about 11 years ago.  As you can see from the pictures, the paint still looks great, but when you look closely toward the bottom of the car, you can see imperfections and it probably should be painted soon.

Brakes

Brand new Baer brake system ($2,000 spent on it).  The cam was large enough that it could not safely supply enough vacuum to the factory power brakes, so the system was converted to the best manual brakes I could find.  Overhaulin' exclusively uses Baer brakes.  An additional proportioning valve has been placed under the dash so the driver can twist a knob and shut down the rear brakes for burnouts.

Wheels and Tires

American Racing 16x8 rims, brand new

Brand new BF Goodrich tires, the rears are 265/60/16

These tires are fine for the street, but I strongly suggest slicks, which it had when I bought it.  BFG's simply spin way too easily with this setup.  On the bright side, BFG's will last forever in comparison.

Exhaust

The exhaust is loud.  Let me say that again.  It is loud.  I tried to register it here locally in Connecticut after moving here from Kansas, and they would not pass it, saying that the exhaust has to be factory, which it is not since it has headers, 2 1/2" pipes, and flowmaster resonators.

Frame

The frame is solid and not rusted.

This is a solid Barracuda.  There are too many good details about it to list here, and hope you check out its website.  Please call 860-255-7758 with any questions.  Just to let you know I turned down an offer for $19,500, because my bare minimum sale price is $20,000.  MOPAR on.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007 - 06:57:15 PM by zerfetzen »

Offline zerfetzen

Re: 1974 Plymouth Barracuda w/440
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007 - 08:17:18 AM »
More pics

Offline zerfetzen

Re: 1974 Plymouth Barracuda w/440
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 - 08:19:34 AM »
More pics...