Author Topic: Charger Project  (Read 10245 times)

Offline MoparCar

Re: Charger Project
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007 - 12:25:52 PM »
Bill,
Do you feel a chassis rack is necessary for the install? Or is this something one could do on a leveled and shimmed jackstand arrangement if you have good fabrication and welding skills. I'm not afraid of going at a project, but I've heard several say that you need a rack to do the XV installation.

Thanks for the input.
Wes

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007 - 01:49:55 PM »
As the pictures will show, we are doing this one on a drive on rack and we have simply leveled the car with blocks under the framerails. I do think having things level are very important and we have seen to it that we have it dead level, but I think as long as you do that, there should be no issues.

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007 - 06:26:09 PM »
Thanks, let us know when you have pics up.
Wes

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007 - 05:42:51 PM »
Here's a Charger if you didn't see it in the Denmark Pictures thread.

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007 - 10:12:22 PM »
Dang it, I just can not seem to master this picture thing on this site. I have a rendering of the project and the wheels came today.
As soon as someone can help me, let the bashing began.....hehe
I am dieing to see what yall think of my idea of the perfect Charger.....lol
HINT: I think billboards look good on them...... :villagers: No burning at the stake now......hehe

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007 - 11:07:52 PM »
When you're posting a reply, click on "Additional options" go to the attach box and click "Browse"  Then go into your computer and find the photo you want to attach.  Click on it and then hit "open" and the file should appear next to the browse tab.  Check the requirements under the attach area to make sure your file is the correct format.  If you want to add more than one pic, click on where it says "more attachments" and additional boxes open up! 

If you are still having problems, send them to me and I'll post'em for ya!!  My e-mail is in my profile!!

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007 - 12:18:02 AM »
Thanks, I knew there had to be an easy way, but never had seen the additional options thing....
OK, here goes, let the bashing began. I am a big boy so I can take it....heh

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007 - 12:42:40 AM »
Looks Good Bill!!!

What color are you going with ? Is it gray? That would be awesome in Light Gunmetal gray metallic. (A stock color for Dodge in '72)

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007 - 12:44:35 AM »
Looks Good Bill!!!

What color are you going with ? Is it gray? That would be awesome in Light Gunmetal gray metallic. (A stock color for Dodge in '72)

That is the color the car already is and we are simply going to add the billboards. Thanks

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007 - 12:53:12 AM »
Here is a picture of the car the day I bought it in Arizona. It has sat in this backyard for three years. Fresh paint.

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007 - 09:13:13 AM »
Bill,
I'm liking the look! It'll be awesome with the full XV Stage II on it. Any idea of the size of the Forgeline wheels/tire combo you'll be able to get on it? Do you have any pictures of the 392 mocked up yet? I'm anticipating another awesome ride.

Thanks for the update (although I do sneak over to MuscleRides for your pics there too).  :thumbsup:

Wes

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007 - 01:01:50 PM »
Can't wait to see the finished product Bill!  :popcorn:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007 - 01:35:23 PM »
OK, here goes, let the bashing began. I am a big boy so I can take it....heh

Bill not very often do we have any bashing going on here.  Especially with a mopar!  Sweet looking car!   :2thumbs:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007 - 02:06:15 PM »
That should turn out looking very nice!!!! :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Bill Howell

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007 - 02:25:54 PM »
Bill not very often do we have any bashing going on here.  Especially with a mopar!  Sweet looking car!   :2thumbs:

LOL, yeah I understand that, I just figured the Purists would HATE billboards on a Charger. I think it tones down the bodylines myself.

I don't have any shots of the engine other than when we uncrated it. Don't get too excited about that though, I am going with OEM brackets and parts. I have not been happy with the chrome stuff on the GTO, everything was new and already been replaced. I will not do that again. This car is going to be more go and less show anyway.

The wheels are 9.5X19 and 10X20. I will also have a cheaper set of 18s for the car when I go roadrace it.