Author Topic: Son of a &^%$#@!!!!  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Son of a &^%$#@!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007 - 10:29:10 AM »
Rev & Redline will recall a similar incident

yes....that was horrible! Luckily we were able to fix it on the side of the road....  Chryco has seen first hand most of our disasters.  :roflsmiley:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007 - 10:41:48 AM »
If it was towed...Does the rear turn normally? If the rear does..Does the trans turn by hand in nuetral? I'm inclined to say the trans broke, and the rear just let go because something had to give. If the yoke breaks (and I've broken about 10) the engine freewheels, but there is no stress on the trans other than the shaft spinning around, and that might break a tail housing (one of mine did) but shouldnt hurt anything else. Tremecs may be a different animal. But I would be very careful to check everything out.

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007 - 12:05:46 PM »
The rear end does turn freely. I had it jacke up when i removed the driveshaft from the tranny. It came out smoothly. BUt I did turn the rear while i was under there and it was fine.

Ill take some pics tonight of what happened and post them.

Im going to take the tranny and drive shaft up to Kiesler and have them do a once over on both of them.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007 - 05:36:05 AM »
sorry about the damages, but glad u r safe  :poopoke:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi